ADVERTISEMENT

Rice upsets WKU

What is also crazy is that UAB only has a 13-11 overall record right now, but after looking at the remaining schedules, I think they might be the favorites to win the Regular Season Championship.

LaTech is the favorite as they play us at home and have a slew of home games left, 5 out of 7 to be exact. They have beaten UAB head to head, so they own the tiebreaker. It should be LaTech, UAB, then hopefully us.

Originally posted by Rocketsr:
LaTech is the favorite as they play us at home and have a slew of home games left, 5 out of 7 to be exact. They have beaten UAB head to head, so they own the tiebreaker. It should be LaTech, UAB, then hopefully us.
I hold out hope that UTEP will return the favor to La Tech. Other than that, the schedule favors the Miners down the stretch...

Except for UAB. The Miners don't control their own destiny because UAB very well could win out and win the league outright. Their two most difficult games are Western Kentucky and MTSU, and those are both at home. If UAB drops a game, then the Miners control their own destiny.

(I'm assuming that Western Kentucky will lose at least one more because their remaining schedule is just brutal.)

And what I'm talking about here is a share of the conference title, not the #1 seed in the tournament. All I really care about in terms of seeding is getting a bye. I'd love to see the Miners win a share of the conference, though.

So far 3 of the top 4 teams in standings have lost to a bottom feeder, UAB is the only exception. As long as the Miners don't get a hiccup against one those teams they should finish top 3. Conference is wide up even if it looks like one school has more of a favorable schedule. Will be very interesting these coming weeks

GO MINERS!

Originally posted by Rocketsr:
UAB and La. Tech split, so there is no Head-To-Head Tie Breaker.

UAB has only 1 remaining game left against the top 5 teams and they play that game at home. La. Tech has 2 remaining games against top 5 teams(1 at home and 1 on the road).

The problem is that UTEP's crappy free throw shooting makes the games we should win easily tight, and the tough games most probable losses. Here is hoping for the best, but I just don't see us finishing better than 3rd assuming UAB runs the table and La Tech continues to play the way they are playing.
This post was edited on 2/7 11:41 PM by Rocketsr

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT