ADVERTISEMENT

Rice vs UTEP

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
“UTEP hasn't won on the road since Feb. 19 of last year against Southern Miss, though this is one of the simpler conference road trips in terms of ease of travel.”

Reactions: groundrounds
Sure is nice to see us put some points on the board.

Would be nicer to see us put and offensive AND defensive game together for once, though.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Refs making tight calls and missing a bunch. I like Hamilton in there. His size causing problems inside at times but he doesn’t run the floor like Oneyma.

We have ten players who have scored. The minutes are so divided by Golding explains why we only have two with double digit ppg. I don't think we've ever had a situation like this in our history. I assume his goal is try to always have fresh bodies on the floor.
What do you guys think. Agree or not?

We have ten players who have scored. The minutes are so divided by Golding explains why we only have two with double digit ppg. I don't think we've ever had a situation like this in our history. I assume his goal is try to always have fresh bodies on the floor.
I would say CG is upping the tempo? He saw something on film.

I think our players are so inconsistent that it's not clear who the top 8 are any given night.

I'm sure if there were a clear top 8, that's what Golding would use.

Reactions: utep2step
This is similar to his approach at ACU. I'm not sure his team is at that level of talent depth at UTEP, but the thinking is to maintain defensive intensity throughout the game.

Reactions: utep2step
We are absolutely miserable from 3. Aside from recruiting, my only real knock on Golding is why he allows the guys to Jack so many 3s up without repercussion. Baffles the mind.

Our offense had been working well for a change - but we've been horrible the last several trips down the floor

We've continued the sloppy play on offense. Combined with our D, which isn't as good as usual, and this one is in danger of slipping away. We need to be smarter and more careful offensively, and clamp down on D, or this one is going to be ugly.

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT