ADVERTISEMENT

Rice

We’ve beat RICE 13 out of the last 15 games. 2012 is the only time they have swept us. That started a 9 game winning streak over them that ended in Terry’s first year.

A loss this weekend is completely unacceptable.

Miners should get just about any shot they want...if they can be half way decent at hitting them, game over. Boum and Edwards killed them every time we played, so maybe Boom will go off and have a big night.

Anyone know how to discord the game stream? My friends do it for soccer games and it’s a lot of fun. We all chat and watch the game together but apart. Would be cool to set that up instead of the game thread.

Reactions: axingfools1
I paid for CUSA-TV. It’s a good feed.

Thanks but no thanks. I paid for a subscription last year and it was shit. Not giving them another $100 for a crap subscription. I defended my decision last year too initially. But hindsight is, as they say, 20/20. And sadly, C-USA TV is like the year 2020. **** that shit.

Thanks but no thanks. I paid for a subscription last year and it was shit. Not giving them another $100 for a crap subscription. I defended my decision last year too initially. But hindsight is, as they say, 20/20. And sadly, C-USA TV is like the year 2020. **** that shit.

I just bought this game.

Right now Kennedy and Bienemy living up to the hype. If they played like this every game...

Like the offense; if we could play some "D", I'd feel much better. Rice is shooting way too high of a percentage. Can't afford to let that continue.

Reactions: axingfools1
Back from game as expected RICE can fill it, but can't stop anything. Agnew is pure athlete with an attitude reminds of Haskin's guards defensive demon and had super highlight tip in the 2nd half. Hope for a repeat tomorrow but we have to hit open shots.

Interesting that our leading scorer was the only starter not in double figures. I'm telling you, they better be mentally ready for tomorrow's game or they'll get whupped. Rice can't play "D" but on the other hand we can't expect to score 101 again and Rice can put it in the hole.

Reactions: unihorn
Bieniemy has been playing outstanding the last few games. We are getting night and day production out of that position from last year. On the defensive end, it was clear we couldn't stop them. They shot 56% overall, and Fiedler went 10-10 from the field by himself. I am glad we won, but worry we can outshoot them again in game two. It is crazy Rice has put together such a strong offensive team, after losing five starters off of last year's team. Plus, they are a young team. One more to go tonight.

Not having seen the game and not having much context, a few things that stand out to me looking at the box score:

Bienemy with a very efficient 24 points. His offensive game has taken a turn for the better the last few outings.

Kennedy also looked to have an efficient game offensively speaking. 22 points on over 50% shooting.

4 of 5 starters, including Verhoeven, in double figures, the only one not...Boum.

Verhoeven with 30 minutes.

Sjolund with 7 and Agnew with 16. I’m used to seeing Odigie with less than 5 at this point.

Of a possible 200 court minutes, only 24 minutes were played by non starters.

43% from 3 as a team.

85% from the stripe.

Looks like it was an entertaining kind of game with all the scoring...and win.

Bieniemy has been playing outstanding the last few games. We are getting night and day production out of that position from last year. On the defensive end, it was clear we couldn't stop them. They shot 56% overall, and Fiedler went 10-10 from the field by himself. I am glad we won, but worry we can outshoot them again in game two. It is crazy Rice has put together such a strong offensive team, after losing five starters off of last year's team. Plus, they are a young team. One more to go tonight.
I also think Verhoeven has played like day and night from last year. He had that bad game at USM but if it wasn’t for that he would be averaging double figures.

Who do you thinks wins if both teams have a bad shooting night?

Not having seen the game and not having much context, a few things that stand out to me looking at the box score:

Bienemy with a very efficient 24 points. His offensive game has taken a turn for the better the last few outings.

Kennedy also looked to have an efficient game offensively speaking. 22 points on over 50% shooting.

4 of 5 starters, including Verhoeven, in double figures, the only one not...Boum.

Verhoeven with 30 minutes.

Sjolund with 7 and Agnew with 16. I’m used to seeing Odigie with less than 5 at this point.

Of a possible 200 court minutes, only 24 minutes were played by non starters.

43% from 3 as a team.

85% from the stripe.

Looks like it was an entertaining kind of game with all the scoring...and win.
Sjolund struggled staying in front of his man on several possessions, which has been a consistent issue with him this year. I thought Agnew was good in the second half, but really struggled in his short time in the first half offensively. I like his aggressive drives, but he needs to play more under control, and stop forcing bad shots. Odigie was pretty much the same; unable to defend in Terry's switching defense, and is a bad matchup against Rice.

I also think Verhoeven has played like day and night from last year. He had that bad game at USM but if it wasn’t for that he would be averaging double figures.

Who do you thinks wins if both teams have a bad shooting night?
I think we will win if both teams shoot poorly. Our defense is better, and we have the home court advantage.

Now you see how the Miners are going to win the conference title. They can run with anyone. Look for Williams to show up big again with 30 points and 15 rebs. I think this kind of game we will see Hess finally come in and provide some instant 3 point scoring to provide a little spark for the team in the first half. If it becomes a track meet then expect the Miners to score 100 points again.
Its going to be hard to stop this Rice team from scoring so maybe we might see some more full court pressure in the second half to slow them down.
final score Miners 85 Rice 78...
This game is going to be a barn burner...

Reactions: miner1liner
Boum was knocked flat on his back with no foul called and didn't play much after. He sat most of the 2nd half until Bienemy picked up his 4th foul and was pulled

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT