ADVERTISEMENT

Rice

Me too. $7 is cheaper than a ticket. I would have bought the entire month if there were more games on cusatv but everything else will be on other platforms.
If you are going to pay $7 for one basketball game, why don't you subscribe to an IPTV? IPTV is around $15 for a month and you get every single basketball game that is being streamed on your computer or on your television if you choose.

I also think Verhoeven has played like day and night from last year. He had that bad game at USM but if it wasn’t for that he would be averaging double figures.

Who do you thinks wins if both teams have a bad shooting night?

I've been on the Verhoeven bandwagon since last year for his defensive work but I'm happy as heck to see him turning on his offensive game. Love the dude.

Sjolund struggled staying in front of his man on several possessions, which has been a consistent issue with him this year. I thought Agnew was good in the second half, but really struggled in his short time in the first half offensively. I like his aggressive drives, but he needs to play more under control, and stop forcing bad shots. Odigie was pretty much the same; unable to defend in Terry's switching defense, and is a bad matchup against Rice.

Sjolund is a great option offensively but seems to get drawn away from his defensive assignment too easily. Hope he can fix that. Agnew reminds me a little bit of Nigel Hawkins. Explosive but often out-of-control. Hope he too can get that fixed.

Did anyone just walk up and buy tickets at The Don last night?

That Fiedler guy really tore up Sjolund. He had a bunch of easy layins.
Fiedler was good against Williams as well. Rice was very efficient in the pick and roll against UTEP which resulted in a bunch of layups for Fiedler. We need to do better in that area tonight. Against Rice, Sjolund was matched up more against their perimeter players, where he struggled defending against the dribble drive. I thought Rice was really able to exploit our perimeter defense, which I considered a major strength on our part. They do a lot of good things offensively. Their issues are on the other side of the ball.

Miners shot well but Rice gave them unbelievable open shot after open shoot. Rice gambled Boum was the only guy we had that was consistent from out side, they lost the the bet. Big question here is does Rice double down on this strategy and bet the Miners can't repeat or do they try something else? When you shoot 57% and still lose by double digits it's a though bet. I see a more conventional game tonight.

Reactions: miner1liner
It appeared to be a mere sprinkling of fans. Could only see the east side, but it looked like 25 people. Anyone know how many? Very disappointed turnout considering it was the first time for fans.
Tonight is a must win IMO. Let's see how Terry's X's and O's techniques pan out. He can't expect to repeat the offensive performance and he has to know that Rice will continue lights out shooting if he can't create some defense. This is his chance to counter all of our challenges about his ability as an X and O.

BTW is it just me or does Rice remind you of the old BYU teams of the 80's big, slow but can shoot, a coach who jumps up and down yells and complains on every call and players who seem to talk and question everything as well.
BYU is a total 180 from yesteryear. Quick, fast, attack and leave it on the floor, not on the sides. Remind me a lot of St Mary's UTEP lost to.

Pera is on the hot seat at Rice. Mass exodus, inconsistent play, constant low conference seedings, the AD gave him one more year to improve which I don't think is possible for him now but if fired he will not be unemployed for long because he is apparently well thought of in the coaching ranks and was a solid assistant.

It appeared to be a mere sprinkling of fans. Could only see the east side, but it looked like 25 people. Anyone know how many? Very disappointed turnout considering it was the first time for fans.
Tonight is a must win IMO. Let's see how Terry's X's and O's techniques pan out. He can't expect to repeat the offensive performance and he has to know that Rice will continue lights out shooting if he can't create some defense. This is his chance to counter all of our challenges about his ability as an X and O.

It was like 450. People are still spooked and some don't want to wear masks the entire time. Aside from sections C and D it was a very quiet crowd as well.

Hopefully more tonight since its Saturday.

54% from the field. UTEP wins the battle of the boards. 4 TO's! Nice! 43% from beyond the arc. Free throw was the only not so good stat at 68%. If this game was closer, UTEP may have lost. However, UTEP is tough to beat when they clean the glass and shoot 45% or better from the field.

What’s going on with Hess?? Hurt ? Or just not starting material? He’s supposed to be a heck of a 3 point shooter honestly we could use that ...

Don’t want to look ahead but Utsa upset UNT. The UNT series doesn’t look as scary anymore. Of course all this can go out the window if the Miners get steamed by RICE tonight.

UTEP already with lazy passing and transition. They better gear up or Rice will outscore them tonight.

Its amazing how one good offensive game gets into these kids heads

Don’t want to look ahead but Utsa upset UNT. The UNT series doesn’t look as scary anymore. Of course all this can go out the window if the Miners get steamed by RICE tonight.
Neither does UAB. They barely got past USM.

Charlotte going to OT vs Belmont. And not the good Belmont team some team called Belmont Abbey. There doesn’t seem to be a clear favorite yet. The conference is wide open.

Reactions: Lil_Train
WKU drops another conference game and Charlotte is going down to Abbey. The only thing that should stop us from a conference title is Covid.

Offense looks hesitant.

Our defense at the rim is confusing. I dont understand Terry's concept there.

I’m at the game:

Paid lots are empty, but they won’t let you park there.

e-ticket season ticket holders only way to get in.

Mask Nazis patrolling inside.

No wonder no one is here.

great job Senter

Odigie has no clue how to block out. 3 times in a row I watched him specifically and he gave up 2 offensive rebounds.. His rebounding has fallen off the map.

Put Onyema in the last minute and half. See if he can defend the basket and rebound.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Odigie has no clue how to block out. 3 times in a row I watched him specifically and he gave up 2 offensive rebounds.. His rebounding has fallen off the map.

Put Onyema in the last minute and half. See if he can defend the basket and rebound.
Odigie makes two baskets and gives up four. We need Williams to step it up in the second half. That's if the refs let him play. Fiedler has dominated inside for 1.5 games. He is 16 for 18 from the field so far.

Last edited:
The Westlake kid needs to show up like his last night. Hopefully that’s the spark needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT