ADVERTISEMENT

Rice

On a positive note, we have a player in Bieniemy. This kid is playing controlled and well within himself.

Looks like a totally different player from the guy he was in early-mid December.

I was texting with my older brother and told him something similar. Just noted how Bieniemy seems to have found some footing in the past 3 games or so. He just seems more comfortable in his role and in his game.

I like Agnew as well he brings a level of toughness and grit this team needs. Williams is a great player but appears to have bad games when he get roughed up a bit. I feel for Boum he does play like he's lost confidence and he gets hit a lot after his shot, but rarely gets a call. We got abused both nights with the high post offense and should have tried getting Rice in foul trouble, made them play a a fast pace etc, next up UNT.

Now you see how the Miners are going to win the conference title. They can run with anyone. Look for Williams to show up big again with 30 points and 15 rebs. I think this kind of game we will see Hess finally come in and provide some instant 3 point scoring to provide a little spark for the team in the first half. If it becomes a track meet then expect the Miners to score 100 points again.
Its going to be hard to stop this Rice team from scoring so maybe we might see some more full court pressure in the second half to slow them down.
final score Miners 85 Rice 78...
This game is going to be a barn burner...
Please disregard my previous reply, I'm good on those lottery numbers

We are WAY too inconsistent with average coaching and poor utilization of some players. We could win a big game here and there, but I dont see us capable of making any kind of run.
Why is it that CUSA decided to play 2 games without a day in between for all conference games? I don't know of another that does not have a rest day in between.

Now in saying that, Terry just like Dimel does not know how to make adjustments. He should have known Rice would play differently not wanting the same result. And therefore he should have done the same.

You have to win your home games. Is the CBI going to play this year? Because we are most likely looking at one of those tournaments at best.

Why is it that CUSA decided to play 2 games without a day in between for all conference games? I don't know of another that does not have a rest day in between.

Now in saying that, Terry just like Dimel does not know how to make adjustments. He should have known Rice would play differently not wanting the same result. And therefore he should have done the same.

You have to win your home games. Is the CBI going to play this year? Because we are most likely looking at one of those tournaments at best.

Road trips would be too long if you had a day off between games.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Road trips would be too long if you had a day off between games.
That doesn't make sense since we used to make a road trip and play on Wed, Sat and not return in between. The old WAC days there was only a day in between. I remember the toughest trip for us was the BYU on Thurs, and UTAH on Sat trip. Other conference members would say the UTEP on Thurs and New Mexico on Sat was the toughest.

Teams only play each other and have almost a week off till the next series (6 days). Therefore it makes no sense as 5 days in between series is plausible.

That doesn't make sense since we used to make a road trip and play on Wed, Sat and not return in between. The old WAC days there was only a day in between. I remember the toughest trip for us was the BYU on Thurs, and UTAH on Sat trip. Other conference members would say the UTEP on Thurs and New Mexico on Sat was the toughest.

Teams only play each other and have almost a week off till the next series (6 days). Therefore it makes no sense as 5 days in between series is plausible.

The decision to shorten road trips was due to Covid. Be happy we're having a season at all and not sitting around in another state.

No one is having a good season. Everyone in CUSA belongs in the cbi. The good thing, like the nfc East, winner of CUSA still gets a spot into the big dance. No reason why we can’t win it as much as the next conference team.

No one is having a good season. Everyone in CUSA belongs in the cbi. The good thing, like the nfc East, winner of CUSA still gets a spot into the big dance. No reason why we can’t win it as much as the next conference team.
So in other words, Rice will once again F someone's season again because they are not good enough to be in top half of CUSA but good enough to knock off anyone, any day.

Right, but we’d travel between games not just sit around.

So in other words, Rice will once again F someone's season again because they are not good enough to be in top half of CUSA but good enough to knock off anyone, any day.
RICE is the only conference team to do what they’re supposed to do. Sweep at home and split on the road. They can win the whole thing but at the end of the season they’re still RICE until they’re not.

"As the horn sounded, Rice coach Scott Pera and UTEP coach Rodney Terry appeared to exchange words while the Rice players celebrated on the floor.

UTEP's players retreated back to the locker room immediately following the buzzer, but Pera and his players remained on the court taunting the small amount of fans that had attended the contest." KVIA

".....After the game, Coach Terry wished the Owls would have showed a little more class in victory.

"When you expect to win every game, then you're never surprised when you do win a game. He's been over there for four or five years," said Terry of Pera. They hadn't beaten us, it was like the Super Bowl for their guys."

"It was agreat example for us to show our guys though when you hope to win, and you really won the game, you act that way.""

They were jumping up and taunting fans the entire 2nd half. That Havsa guy kept throwing shoulders and elbows and talking trash. Pera was a huge whiner and was out by the ref complaining at every time out. Rice taunted and waved at fans on their way out.

"When you expect to win every game, then you're never surprised when you do win a game. He's been over there for four or five years," said Terry of Pera. They hadn't beaten us, it was like the Super Bowl for their guys”

Wait what Terry? 😂 they’ve beaten us like 3 times in the last 10 years and two of those losses are on you.

Yep. Too bad we can’t be better than mediocre during a season when that’s the case. Im afraid this will be Terry’s best team...unless everyone comes back next year. It’s with these guys or it ain’t happening.
Man you are so right. Obviously players move on, but if BW leaves I wonder how the team and/or Terry will differ next year in Terry's 4th season. For all we know I guess the team could be better or worse. The thing is it will still be a Terry team.

Watching Rice destroy us on the pick and role last night made me wonder why we don't run the same as part of our offense. Wouldnt it make us more efficient and utilize our strengths?? A few years ago we ran it in a road game against La Tech and it worked pretty well.

I think we have some potential studs in Sjolund and Onyema. We have the guards. It would suck to have to lose guys and start over with a new coach and new players when we have so many good ones here now. We could literally bring everybody back next year. If Terry doesn't win with this group in the next 15 months then he has to go.

I’m at the game:

Paid lots are empty, but they won’t let you park there.

e-ticket season ticket holders only way to get in.

Mask Nazis patrolling inside.

No wonder no one is here.

great job Senter
So even parking by the north end of the Sun Bowl is blocked too? (I know it is a donor's lot, but still). So the garage was blocked as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT