ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino loses to Mexico

Well, I wanted to post some topic about succes here, something that could maybe be of some interest to hispanics. I wish I could talk about succes in the Utep Basketball program, but it hasn't been the case. Hope this year things turn around.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
"Great Win for Mexico" ???

According to the current FIBA World Rankings, Costa Rico is not even ranked, which means that they are not even one of the top 85 Countries in the world. So yeah, way to go Mexico! Congrats on beating a Country that ranks below: Cape Verde, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Burkina Foso, and Togo.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/rankMen.asp

Last edited:
Reactions: TortugaEP
Well, I don't know anything about rankings, however I do know Mexico qualified 2 years ago for the first time in 50 years to a Basketball World Cup by winning the Americas Tournament, that includes all countries from Canada to Argentina (except for the US that didn't had to play that Tournamnnt because they won the Olympic Gold). Same things this Tournament, Argentina and Brazil always have very good basketball teams, not to forget Canada.

"Great Win for Mexico" ???

According to the current FIBA World Rankings, Costa Rico is not even ranked, which means that they are not even one of the top 85 Countries in the world. So yeah, way to go Mexico! Congrats on beating a Country that ranks below: Cape Verde, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Burkina Foso, and Togo.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/rankMen.asp
I guess you were too quick to post before watching the video and results! Mexico beat puerto rico, which is ranked 15th in the latest FIBA world rankings. It's a good victory considering puerto rico has a pretty good history in men's basketaball teams; not to mention players who play in the NBA. There are some good teams in this tourney including #3 Argentina and #9 Brazil.

Puerto Rico Basketball is currently in a "tailspin" per ESPN. They finished Dead Last at the last World Championships and they are currently in the middle of their longest drought without making the Olympics in Country history(they are now on the verge of not qualifying for 3 straight Olympics.)

Okay, this is definately my fault. I waited all Summer for College Football to return, but now that it is back, I have somehow involved myself with talking Mexico & Puerto Rico Basketball??

I will now permanently remove myself from this conversation. Congrats to Mexico for winning their home game against Puerto Rico(even though the Author of this thread thought it was Costa Rica). It would be a great achievement for Mexico if they could qualify for the Olympics for the first time in nearly 40 years.

Last edited:
Puerto Rico Basketball is currently in a "tailspin" per ESPN. They finished Dead Last at the last World Championships and they are currently in the middle of their longest drought without making the Olympics in Country history(they are now on the verge of not qualifying for 3 straight Olympics.)

Okay, this is definately my fault. I waited all Summer for College Football to return, but now that it is back, I have somehow involved myself with talking Mexico & Puerto Rico Basketball??

I will now permanently remove myself from this conversation. Congrats to Mexico for winning their home game against Puerto Rico(even though the Author of this thread thought it was Costa Rica). It would be a great achievement for Mexico if they could qualify for the Olympics for the first time in nearly 40 years.

Ooooooops, I ment Puerto Rico not Costa Rica, my mistake! o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT