ADVERTISEMENT

Rise Up 915

Maximus Miner

Rookie
Jul 1, 2005
UTEP has officially started the Rise Up 915 Campaign with a new Helmet design, new menu items, and a new commercial. A press conference is about to start. One note is at the spring game they had it as the 915 Era with a similar commercial. Curious why they tweaked it.

UTEP has officially started the Rise Up 915 Campaign with a new Helmet design, new menu items, and a new commercial. A press conference is about to start. One note is at the spring game they had it as the 915 Era with a similar commercial. Curious why they tweaked it.

Hope there’s a good amount of those tickets bought before 9:15 PM Wed

Reactions: FeralFelidae
I've been saying this for years. We need a jersey that says El Paso. This Logo is bad ass and connects the city and the University. Love it.

We keep recycling Los Mineros and Military Night. Glad they came up with this!!!

I want that Sticker on my Gas Guzzling Truck.

I've been saying this for years. We need a jersey that says El Paso. This Logo is bad ass and connects the city and the University. Love it.

We keep recycling Los Mineros and Military Night. Glad they came up with this!!!

I want that Sticker on my Gas Guzzling Truck.
Looks like they’re only doing it since it’s the 75th anniversary of the area code. If they’re smart, they’ll keep it/use and an alternate kit like the Texas Western ones

Reactions: axingfools1
The marketing folks at UTEP are stepping up their game. We are still 3 months from kickoff and they are already hyping the season opener. With GECU buying 5,000 tickets and the Great Khalid foundation supporting El Paso area band members to attend, attendance for the UNT game a is off to a good start. KROD.COM article says the Sun Bowl capacity is now 45,971 and the university is pushing for a sellout. I'll be happy if they reach 35k but expect 30k plus, which I think would be a good number considering how low attendance has been lately.

Given the fact that they’re trying to fill up the Sun Bowl for the home opener vs UNT this is now a must win. None of this means anything if the Miners go out there and lay an egg. All those fans will say “typical UTEP” and they won’t return.

Given the fact that they’re trying to fill up the Sun Bowl for the home opener vs UNT this is now a must win. None of this means anything if the Miners go out there and lay an egg. All those fans will say “typical UTEP” and they won’t return.
Yep, as Minerforlife said, Dimel and company need to produce to take advantage of fans in the stands so they will want to come back. The pressure is on to have the team primed for this game.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Can't get a UTEP jersey either. Lol
This is the #1 absolute fail in UTEP sports the last 20 years. Aside from allegedly turning down the MWC.

UTEP has never had good looking merchandise widely available. In 2004 and 2005, UTEP could have sold a shit ton of Nike football and basketball jerseys. They of course, didn’t sell them. The only jerseys available didn’t look good and you could buy them at WalMart.

Some people don’t give a shit about a Nike logo, but kids do. Nobody wants to be seen with “fake” gear. Most UTEP merchandise has always had a “fake gear” feel. Being available at Walgreens and WalMart doesn’t help that cause.

This is the #1 absolute fail in UTEP sports the last 20 years. Aside from allegedly turning down the MWC.

UTEP has never had good looking merchandise widely available. In 2004 and 2005, UTEP could have sold a shit ton of Nike football and basketball jerseys. They of course, didn’t sell them. The only jerseys available didn’t look good and you could buy them at WalMart.

Some people don’t give a shit about a Nike logo, but kids do. Nobody wants to be seen with “fake” gear. Most UTEP merchandise has always had a “fake gear” feel. Being available at Walgreens and WalMart doesn’t help that cause.
Agree, people like me won’t wear any type of sports team shirt if it is not name brand like nike.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Agree, people like me won’t wear any type of sports team shirt if it is not name brand like nike.
Where guys like me won't EVER buy Nike because it's made in sweatshops in Chi-Na but clowns in the NBA get paid millions for wearing it. Did research on them a few years back to show my young son that wanted Nike. He won't ask anymore. :) Besides, unless it has changed recently, their products suck ass.

Where guys like me won't EVER buy Nike because it's made in sweatshops in Chi-Na but clowns in the NBA get paid millions for wearing it. Did research on them a few years back to show my young son that wanted Nike. He won't ask anymore. :) Besides, unless it has changed recently, their products suck ass.
While working in a Chinese “sweatshop” is not desirable to 99.99% of Americans, it’s usually better than the alternative for poor people. Poor people in the US look for handouts. Poor people in other countries WANT to work and don’t have food stamps and Obama phones waiting for them.

Reactions: denverutep
They're basically slaves. Work 70+ hrs a week and are lucky if they make a quarter an hour. There has to be something morally wrong about supporting that. Yes, I'm guilty of buying Adidas gear.

Reactions: develman
I will believe it when I see it.
Oh, please "Doubting Thomas", it's not like you're going to go to the game.

r31.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT