ADVERTISEMENT

Rise Up 915

I think he was trying to make a funny. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Not funny. The police and Sheriff seem to have for the most part disappeared. Drivers are out of control now. I guess the departments are understaffed as well as unerappreciated.

We should appreciate every citizen that does their job.

Well of course. I appreciate the waiter that serves my food, the cashier that rings up my items, etc. But I appreciate more the people who protect and serve and the brave men and women in the military that protect our country.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Not funny. The police and Sheriff seem to have for the most part disappeared. Drivers are out of control now. I guess the departments are understaffed as well as unerappreciated.

Weird. I saw two police officers give tickets the short time I was in El Paso. I see it happen regularly over here. I don't know why you think the police and sheriffs have "disappeared".

What do you mean "drivers are out of control now"?

Well of course. I appreciate the waiter that serves my food, the cashier that rings up my items, etc. But I appreciate more the people who protect and serve and the brave men and women in the military that protect our country.
Hey, if that works for you, go in peace. For me, I don't respect police or the military anymore than I respect my landscaper. They all are doing a job that they get paid to do. I do, however, give a nice little bump in the respect factor to Good Samaritans that risk their life. Those people are true heroes! Everyone else is just doing the job they're paid to do in my mind.

How did we go from sold tickets to #bluelivesmatter?
EPPD should sponsor the Don Haskins Tournament. UTEP could also sponsor the EPPDs uniforms! How cool would it be to get a speeding ticket from a cop decked out in all orange? When out of towners get arrested, they will remember the orange uniforms and become UTEP fans when they get home.

EPPD should sponsor the Don Haskins Tournament. UTEP could also sponsor the EPPDs uniforms! How cool would it be to get a speeding ticket from a cop decked out in all orange? When out of towners get arrested, they will remember the orange uniforms and become UTEP fans when they get home.
Utep should sponsor the jail uniforms. They're already orange just slap a pick on them. It's an untapped market.

Utep should sponsor the jail uniforms. They're already orange just slap a pick on them. It's an untapped market.
Another good idea! UTEP could have a reunion night for former cell mates at a Eastern New Mexico basketball game when attendance is expected to be low.

The university could even hire some of these people for maintenance jobs around the campus.

Hey, if that works for you, go in peace. For me, I don't respect police or the military anymore than I respect my landscaper. They all are doing a job that they get paid to do. I do, however, give a nice little bump in the respect factor to Good Samaritans that risk their life. Those people are true heroes! Everyone else is just doing the job they're paid to do in my mind.

Wow.

I saw multiple speed traps by the school zones all week so far
Good. What side of town? I live on the east side. I pass through 4 school zones on the way to work in the mornings. No police. I come home using the spur and then loop 375. No Sheriff. That didn't use to be the case.

Good. What side of town? I live on the east side. I pass through 4 school zones on the way to work in the mornings. No police. I come home using the spur and then loop 375. No Sheriff. That didn't use to be the case.

I assume you never go to the ballpark, Cincinnati Street, and drive on I-10? You will see a number of police and sheriff there. I saw a few police give tickets in the short time I was in El Paso. Either you are trolling and saying that the police and sheriff have "disappeared" or you're a complete moron.

About 10 years ago I read an EP times article that talked about the shortage of police in the east side. Back then it was 200 cops for 200k residents. I imagine it has only gotten much worse with all the growth the area experienced.

BTW after that article I pretty much did what I wanted on the road cuz I knew the odds of getting pulled over were slim.

Reactions: axingfools1
BTW after that article I pretty much did what I wanted on the road cuz I knew the odds of getting pulled over were slim.

You seem like a responsible person. I just hope when you get in an accident you injury yourself and not anybody else. And then we can read about it in the paper when your family claims their mijo was such a responsible person and never did anything wrong.

Reactions: Dmanminer
About 10 years ago I read an EP times article that talked about the shortage of police in the east side. Back then it was 200 cops for 200k residents. I imagine it has only gotten much worse with all the growth the area experienced.

Exactly

You seem like a responsible person. I just hope when you get in an accident you injury yourself and not anybody else. And then we can read about it in the paper when your family claims their mijo was such a responsible person and never did anything wrong.
You've never in your life ever gone 1 mile above the speed limit?

I don't do what I want on the road. Unlike you, I am a responsible driver.
Dude that was over 10 years ago when I wanted to see what my SS Monte Carlo could do.

Thankfully I have a spotless driving record.

Nice way of avoiding the question.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
Not sure. I heard him say it in radio about at 4:15 yesterday
Bloomquist said in the Times today that the mayor's purchase of 5k tickets was already factored in the previous UTEP release saying less than 10k tickets remain. Now the updated number of remaining tickets is about 7k which means over 38k have been purchased.

Reactions: axingfools1
Looks like UTEP just opened a lot more tickets this morning. Seeing all these make me question the likelihood of a sellout as they appear to all be the more expensive seats. Hope I'm wrong. Here's the link if you care to give it a look:

https://am.ticketmaster.com/utep/ism/MjJGQjA4Mjc=

lol I predicted they were going to open up more seats a few weeks ago. Very, very few people will pay $50-$80.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
At this point it wont be close to a sellout. Holy crap! $50 to $80 Seats on the press box side!? Good luck selling those.
When I previously mentioned the ridiculous prices of tickets, I was met with “Cheap fvck”, “You must be poor”, “Everything is more expensive now”, and “UConn charges $400” for the same ticket”.

Reactions: denverutep
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT