ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday's UTEP Football Game to Feature Halftime Fireworks

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
Saturday's UTEP football game versus Southern Miss will feature a halftime fireworks show, courtesy of GECU.

"As the official credit union of UTEP athletics, we're proud to support our Miners and bring fun opportunities for the community. Fireworks is a fun way to celebrate the football season and we're excited to bring them to the Sun Bowl for UTEP fans of all ages," said GECU Senior Vice President - Chief Marketing Officer Teresa Montoya.

"We would like to thank GECU for being such a tremendous partner and for enhancing our game day experience by bringing fireworks to the game on Saturday," UTEP Director of Athletics Jim Senter said.

Hope the miner offense brings some fireworks.
Will be out of town, but will always be following The Miners.

Reactions: MistaBinks
Odd time, the game starts at 5:30, halftime will occur around 6:30-7:30. Not exactly dark at that time. I guess both teams could agree to pass on every down and we could make it a 3 hour half.

Hope the miner offense brings some fireworks.
Will be out of town, but will always be following The Miners.
Just a gut feeling, but if UTEP cuts the damn penalties they should win convincingly. 95 yards in penalties by halftime against La Tech were stupid. I have seen what I have wanted to see and other than the penalties, I really do believe Dimel may have turned the corner, finally. Not sure on the heavy dose of Fields more than Hankins, but Hardison is a good qb and getting better every week, Cowing is not the GOAT, yet, but Higgins like and Cooper has finally showing his PAC 12 hands we've been waiting for and that O Line pass protection is P5 stellar, but the run blocking needs to open those seams better.

Our offense is one aspect but I really believe defense is where we have an advantage and will decide this game. Our defense so far has shown to be the area where we have made a great leap and if that can continue we will have a chance in every game we play from here on out.

Our offense is one aspect but I really believe defense is where we have an advantage and will decide this game. Our defense so far has shown to be the area where we have made a great leap and if that can continue we will have a chance in every game we play from here on out.

So true! The pass rush has really been a huge improvement. If the coverage can improve just a little bit more, we could be looking at a top 3 defense in C-USA.

If the offense can figure out a way to utilized the middle of the field more in the passing game, I think it could really open things up for the running game. Right now it just seems like they only feel comfortable throwing deep posts in the middle of the field, but that doesn't really help pull the linebackers away from the line. Some timing routes on the outside would be a plus too.

Just a gut feeling, but if UTEP cuts the damn penalties they should win convincingly. 95 yards in penalties by halftime against La Tech were stupid. I have seen what I have wanted to see and other than the penalties, I really do believe Dimel may have turned the corner, finally. Not sure on the heavy dose of Fields more than Hankins, but Hardison is a good qb and getting better every week, Cowing is not the GOAT, yet, but Higgins like and Cooper has finally showing his PAC 12 hands we've been waiting for and that O Line pass protection is P5 stellar, but the run blocking needs to open those seams better.
Those penalties cost UTEP some badly needed points that would have won that game. The Miner defense held LT to their fewest yards this season, barely over 200 yds and that normally would not produce 21 points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT