ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ahead..

I think this game is probably the inflection point of the season. Losing a home game against one of the better teams in conference and the manner in which it happened. Either the team refocuses and decides to get it together or they decide to fall apart. Given what's been happening over the last month, I'd be betting on the the falling apart.

I think/hope we go smaller when Tarke comes back. Terry has gone through Vila, Tydus and Efe and can't find the right answer.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I think/hope we go smaller when Tarke comes back. Terry has gone through Vila, Tydus and Efe and can't find the right answer.
At this point, I would be all for a change in offensive philosophy. This year has been a lost year for Tarke. In between injuries, as well as a failed attempt to move the perimeter, he has been one of the biggest disappointments in my opinion. I'm not sure what type of real impact he could have at this point, but an offensive change would be welcome based on what we have seen in the halfcourt. Terry has mentioned on multiple occasions of wanting to push the ball for transition opportunities, but we really haven't seen much in game. To me, it still comes down to a team that simply can't take care of the ball, and that is unable to make enough shots.

Watching this team now for 10 or so games we need some players with an attitude, these guys although talented as a group run and hide when another team comes after them. LA Tech came after us in the last 2 min of the game and we just backed down and let them take it away. This has been the theme all season, why we can hang with almost anyone, but when it comes down to junk yard dog time we play scared and give in. Just look at our body language, our bench we don't have the stomach for a fight and every team in the conference knows it. Had enough of these 3* star and big time transfers, we need players who will put you on your ass, when pushed. Game last night was nothing about talent, coaching or style, it was about attitude and being tough and we are not there.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, we keep waiting for the Calvary to manifest... It's not going to happen, the coaching isn't all that great. The players DO NOT play as a team. We jump on Vila alot, but he actually does a decent job getting Williams the ball. But I agree, he shouldn't be in there longer than Efe. Last night could have been the turning point, but they let it get away. This season won't get much better. The potential is there, we hope.

I wouldnt say this is a lost year because it is still just a long preseason and a Conference Tournament. Those are the only games that count.

Reactions: UTEPy79
The common thread I've been reading through a lot of these topics and seems to reflect Coach Terry's insanity: he keeps doing the same thing expecting a different outcome. Change will come when he brings in his own choice of a good point guard, you can't win in the college game without one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT