ADVERTISEMENT

Senior leadership we hoped to see

topminer

All Star
Sep 5, 2003
Cooper, J. Washburn, and Lang made a huge difference tonight.

Cooper seemed super comfortable in his role at the point.

Washburn did everything one could expect on offense and defense.

And Lang stood toe-to-toe offensively and defensively with some talented big bruisers (including Thorn at 6-11 and 270 lbs., who happened to have a soft touch and some great moves).

I felt it was a solid performance all around...

I agree almost whole heartedly. All of what you mentioned is true, but our rebounding effort was horrible. We got thrashed on the glass. Bad!

Can we compar Cedric Lang to Dave Feitl?!

..and I mean this respectively!

Lang went toe to toe with a seven footer who was the size of a NFL offensive lineman. Sweet jeezus, Lang does this day in and day out. The Cheeze was the appointed "Hatchet Man" of the Bear days, but Lang brings a whole new perspective, IMO.
This post was edited on 2/13 2:38 AM by utep2step

Re: Can we compar Cedric Lang to Dave Feitl?!

I love Lang's work ethic. He's a blue collar, "bring your metal lunchbox to work everyday" player. He does the dirty things most are too frightened to undertake, and does so willingly. In my opinion, he has been the senior leader the team has desperately needed this season, and I surmise UTEP would have 3-4 more losses if not for his efforts. In this regards, it is fair to compare him to Dave Feitl.

and he managed to keep from fouling out--plus he drew 4 fouls on their biggest guy, Thorn. In addition to Thorn they had a couple of 6-8, 240 lb. bruisers who would converge and hack away on Lang. I believe Charlotte is the largest (weight-wise) team we have faced. Their hulk figures were not slow, either.

Feitl was slightly taller, leaner with more offensive moves under the bucket. Lang is like a Clydesdale hoss - hardworking, strong, a banger under the boards, good rebounder, and flashes of good offensive moves under the bucket. He reminds me more of a John Tofi - strong rebounder, physical, banger under the boards, and good offense in the paint area.

Lang fell hard on his side towards the end of the game. He's got to be bruised -- hopefully nothing worse. I'm sure Floyd took it easy on them today. They need some rest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT