ADVERTISEMENT

Senter and DImel Get $1 Million For This?

Aug 26, 2018
Senter is a $300,000 cheerleader who has already lied to fans and said things were going to change. Obviously nothing has changed. I am not even talking about the players on the field, I was talking about the game day experience. The game day experience is garbage.

Dimel got paid $700,000 and this team is a lot worse than last season.

These two men should be ashamed to cash their checks.

I’m willing to be patient. This athletic department was run not just into the ground, but it was run into the basement.

This UTEP football team needs time to weed out the scrubs Kugler brought in. Line can’t block, D-Linemen can’t rush. Undersized LBs (aside from #9) and bums at the skill positions. We all need to be realistic, the football team has been bad not just because of poor coaching/scheme. A major reason, if not the main reason they have been so bad is the fact that there is such an awful level of talent.

I can’t imagine UTEP would have been any better with Kugler as HC. Remember he had 1 committ before he was fired? Imagine how many more El Pasoans he would have had on the roster.

I can’t imagine UTEP would have been any better with Kugler as HC. Remember he had 1 committ before he was fired? Imagine how many more El Pasoans he would have had on the roster.

I don't think Kugler would have lost by 20 points to NAU and be down 45-10 in the 3rd quarter to UNLV.

Ok. What do you want him to do, fire a coach in week two? These guys stepped into complete and utter shit shows. This thing is not going to turn around tommorow. It is what it is. They are paying for Kugler’s God awful recruiting and Stulls “We lead the conference in attendance, but we don’t lead the conference” way of AD-ing. These players will not all of a sudden get faster/bigger/stronger. They’re scrubs. These players need to graduate/transfer/leave. The sooner all these holdovers are gone, the better.

I don’t fault anyone for not wanting to support UTEP Athletics right now. It’s in a bad spot.

Ok. What do you want him to do, fire a coach in week two? These guys stepped into complete and utter shit shows. This thing is not going to turn around tommorow. It is what it is. They are paying for Kugler’s God awful recruiting and Stulls “We lead the conference in attendance, but we don’t lead the conference” way of AD-ing. These players will not all of a sudden get faster/bigger/stronger. They’re scrubs. These players need to graduate/transfer/leave. The sooner all these holdovers are gone, the better.

Forget about the product on the field.

Do you think Senter deserves getting paid $25,000 a month? What has he done or what has changed since Stull left?

All Senter does is Tweet #EPMAD. Not only that, but he lies to fans on Twitter.

Like they say, be careful what you wish for. Senter is not any better than Stull.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Forget about the product on the field.

Do you think Senter deserves getting paid $25,000 a month? What has he done or what has changed since Stull left?

All Senter does is Tweet #EPMAD. Not only that, but he lies to fans on Twitter.

Like they say, be careful what you wish for. Senter is not any better than Stull.

If Dimmel does not turn the program around and if he fires him. That alone will make him better than Stull, but again we need to see how this plays out.

If Dimmel does not turn the program around and if he fires him. That alone will make him better than Stull, but again we need to see how this plays out.

Any YAHOO can hire a terrible coach and fire a terrible coach. You shouldn't get paid $25,000 a month to do that.

Any YAHOO can hire a terrible coach and fire a terrible coach. You shouldn't get paid $25,000 a month to do that.
It doesn't matter! What you're saying about $25,000 is completely irrelevant. The rate for a D1 Mid Major is what it is and Utep is still under that. Salary goes through approval of board of regents. The early performance which is in it's infancy has no bearing or effect on the man's contract. This year was expected to be Crap anyways. They got crap from previous staff and offense and defense is new and is crappy. What did you actually expect this year? Now if next year football and basketball gets worse not better then we have more of a leg to stand on to complain brotha. Right now they are Crap and we expected no less.

Lets say you just got a job as a chef at the worst restaurant in town which is now has a new owner. The food is horrible but you know your food can turn it around. However, the owner wants you to use up all of the previous chefs produce and ingredients before you can get to use the ingredients to prepare your menu. Should you work for free until you start cooking your own recipes?

Reactions: OBRULE
I don't think Kugler would have lost by 20 points to NAU and be down 45-10 in the 3rd quarter to UNLV.

Damn we're nostalgic for "I know 3 plays Kugler" already?

No, Kugler era ball is some of the least competitive ball ever. He did good getting the Jones Brothers, Hernandez, and Showers. Those guys carried his inept butt. Every touchdown was the result of a guy breaking 8 tackles and not because of playcalling.

Once, Aaron Jones graduated no one else was going to make his Middle School Offense work and the bottom fell out.

I believe Kugler would have lost today by 60.

This is a knee jerk reaction and flat out ridiculous.... utep was by far the worst team in college football and NO ONE was gonna come in here and win in year one.... dimel knee and I think it was said that this would take between 3-4 years to get going.... this year is all about players learning the system and culture and being better by the end of the year and that’s it..... we will not win a game this year and I told everyone that... but we can’t judge dimel until he has brought in his own players ...

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Okay. We are where we are and it's so frustrating. I get that. However, how much could have been done so quick?

We complained Stull didn't meet real fans, Senter had town halls all over town. We complained UTEP was unacceasible to the media, now we have the All-Access Show and he talks to Kappy.

Yes, we're a long way off, but UTEP Athletics couldn't have possibly been in worse shape when Senter took over.

If UTEP was a patient in a hospital, it would be a patient who just got in a car crash on the way to the hospital because it had a heart attack. And also has diabetes. There's just a lot of crisis here.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Lets say you just got a job as a chef at the worst restaurant in town which is now has a new owner. The food is horrible but you know your food can turn it around. However, the owner wants you to use up all of the previous chefs produce and ingredients before you can get to use the ingredients to prepare your menu. Should you work for free until you start cooking your own recipes?

If you’re the worst in town, why would you continue doing the same thing you were doing before? A restaurant can literally be turned around in a week. This will take longer, but it doesn’t mean Senter can’t try to improve things while they’re losing.

Name 1 thing that has changed from a game experience perspective from the last few years

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
Okay. We are where we are and it's so frustrating. I get that. However, how much could have been done so quick?

We complained Stull didn't meet real fans, Senter had town halls all over town. We complained UTEP was unacceasible to the media, now we have the All-Access Show and hes talked to Kappy.

I bet he won’t be having any town halls until basketball season is over and won’t be on Sports Talk anytime soon either.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
If you’re the worst in town, why would you continue doing the same thing you were doing before? A restaurant can literally be turned around in a week. This will take longer, but it doesn’t mean Senter can’t try to improve things while they’re losing.

Name 1 thing that has changed from a game experience perspective from the last few years
I didn’t go to the opener. Mainly referring to Dimel is in an awful spot with the cards he was given.

You and kickballpro are the same person?

Nah, but I was signed in on my friends account cause he has a paid subscription on another rivals site and I wanted to read an article. He’s a UNM Guy. But it was my post.

We complained Stull didn't meet real fans, Senter had town halls all over town. We complained UTEP was unacceasible to the media, now we have the All-Access Show and he talks to Kappy.

Look at this Twitter account. He only responds to positive tweets, not negative tweets and he even lied that he didn't know how many people bought tickets to the NAU game 5 days before the game.

LOL, unpopular UTEP sports take here but I think EPMAD hashtag is stupid. At least its something.
“I don’t have attendance figures!” Senter

Exactly. This is what I have been trying to say. Take out the product on the field and tell me what Senter has done this year. The answer would be nothing. He is getting paid to tweet #EPMAD and say how amazing UTEP is and how good they are going to be.

Just what the hell did you all expect. You want something different get your wallets out and donate your time. And I’m not talking hundreds were talking ten of thousands.

Reactions: dandaminerman
Just what the hell did you all expect. You want something different get your wallets out and donate your time. And I’m not talking hundreds were talking ten of thousands.

How is giving money right now going to improve the football team? If the whole city raised $10 milly tomorrow and Art Briles was interested, assuming he is not Art Briles with all the baggage, you think Senter is firing Dimel tomorrow? Not a chance.

How is giving money right now going to improve the football team? If the whole city raised $10 milly tomorrow and Art Briles was interested, assuming he is not Art Briles with all the baggage, you think Senter is firing Dimel tomorrow? Not a chance.
Did not say it would have a difference on the field.
El Paso is Great was referring to game day experiences, and the athletic program as a whole. That’s were people’s time and money make a difference. Unfortunately for UTEP most of us don’t have the money and are unwilling to volunteer the time. Myself included.

Reactions: develman
Okay. You can try different things. Like instead of charging 300% for the bottled water, try 100%. Give the fans there something different. Have different food trucks each game, etc. I bet they would have food trucks bidding to showcase their food at games.

But I don’t know shit. I am not a part of the fan council because my family is not a friend of the program. I’m just some common fan that should just bend over backwards and enjoy 14 game losing streaks.

They did have different food trucks this first game compared to last year. Also I was allowed to take in several bottles of water that were still sealed. I had to throw away the one that I had that was open.

You guys want a miracle to happen. Senter has been only for 9 months. El Paso is not a recruiting hot bed and we are coming off the worst season ever. UTEP deserves more time, Senter has his hands full with making the whole athletic department better. If you have never met him then you should be quiet or go out and meet the man. He has made himself available to everyone in El Paso. If you just want to be an a**hole then why do you cheer for UTEP. Have an open mindset. UTEP played better this weekend but the improvements will be in steps. The improvements will gradually so get on or walk away. So stop complaining like a bunch of losers. If you care about not just about the athletic department but the university then support UTEP.

A lot angry people in this thread. Just go to the game and enjoy yourself. If you already have tickets and don’t want to go, give them to some homeless people.

I have spoken with several of the people in the Football and Athletic Department about Football and Basketball. Everyone admits that this year is just cleaning up the dump each program was left.

Everyone around Football says Kugler left the program in a shitty condition so everyone is trying to piece back together what was left. The players he recruited during his time are not at the level that Dimel wants nor will recruit in the future. He has told everyone to hold on to your pitchfork for another year or two so he can weed out all the trash and get this program up and running to his style.

Everyone around basketball says this year should be good but just wait until next year when all of the transfers who have to sit out this year can play. Terry claims to have 2-3 NBA talent between the new freshman and the guys who have to sit out this year. He already knows his starting 5 for next year, that's how good the guys are that are missing this year.

Senter has been only for 9 months.

And your point is? The man gets paid $300,000 a year. Imagine if Senter was hired at any other company to clean up a mess and nothing has changed in 9 months. That person would be fired.

Senter isn't stupid. He knows he has it easy here and doesn't have to answer to the media.

What has changed since Stull left? Tell me one thing. #EPMAD is an epic failure and there are no promotions and a pathetic game day experience. It's pretty sad when a AAA game (which has 70 games) has over half the attendance of a college football game with the debut of a brand new coach.

Do you think Senter deserves getting paid $25,000 a month because I don't think he deserves it.

Senter has already lied to fans on Twitter and only answers positive tweets. He never answers anything that is negative. So, sure he is accessible, but only accessibly when he wants to be.

I met Senter and I really wasn't impressed. He was a complete 180 from Stull, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Another fan told me Senter reminds him of a used car salesman and that is a perfect way to describe Senter.

PS...UTEP just got ranked #607 out of 649 universities by Forbes. Kind of hard to tell high schoolers that they are coming to UTEP for a decent education with rankings like that. The only Texas school lower in the rankings was UTSA who is in San Antonio, which had the second largest influx of millennials last year in the country. Young job seekers = growth and good jobs.

Link for proof:
http://sanantonio.culturemap.com/ne...lennial-population-surge-brookings-institute/

https://www.forbes.com/colleges/the-university-of-texas-at-el-paso/

Reactions: FarWestTexas
PS...UTEP just got ranked #607 out of 649 universities by Forbes. Kind of hard to tell high schoolers that they are coming to UTEP for a decent education with rankings like that. The only Texas school lower in the rankings was UTSA who is in San Antonio, which had the second largest influx of millennials last year in the country. Young job seekers = growth and good jobs.

Link for proof:
http://sanantonio.culturemap.com/ne...lennial-population-surge-brookings-institute/

https://www.forbes.com/colleges/the-university-of-texas-at-el-paso/

And your point is? Does that mean Senter can't improve the game day experience, increase promotions, etc.

And your point is? Does that mean Senter can't improve the game day experience, increase promotions, etc.

I am not sure what you think will improve the gameday experience if the coaches cannot put talent on the field and court? Do you want fireworks, Peter Piper Pizza, and stupid games on the field during timeouts? They have begun the "renovation" project were the Captains Club sits that will add private "cabana" style suites and a new bar area. But until we can get a big donor to really contribute several million dollars to the university, UTEP will never have anything more than the current situation at the Sun Bowl and Don Haskins.

New televisions screens in the Don and Sun Bowl are nice but they are put in place to shut people up for a year or two about renovations. UTEP needs to redo the locker rooms, build a proper food hall for the athletes that give them the proper nutrition.

Right now the football team eats ice cream sundaes and chicken fingers for their gameday meal and the basketball scraps together 2 meals for the players. Then during the week, they are told to eat free lunch at Luby's, Dominos Pizza, and Subway. If you go to any other major university who has a decent or good program, they have a nutritionist and chefs making sure the athletes are fed properly. It is total BS how UTEP athletes are treated in this regard.

Reactions: minermx07
And your point is? The man gets paid $300,000 a year. Imagine if Senter was hired at any other company to clean up a mess and nothing has changed in 9 months. That person would be fired.

Senter isn't stupid. He knows he has it easy here and doesn't have to answer to the media.

What has changed since Stull left? Tell me one thing. #EPMAD is an epic failure and there are no promotions and a pathetic game day experience. It's pretty sad when a AAA game (which has 70 games) has over half the attendance of a college football game with the debut of a brand new coach.

Do you think Senter deserves getting paid $25,000 a month because I don't think he deserves it.

Senter has already lied to fans on Twitter and only answers positive tweets. He never answers anything that is negative. So, sure he is accessible, but only accessibly when he wants to be.

I met Senter and I really wasn't impressed. He was a complete 180 from Stull, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Another fan told me Senter reminds him of a used car salesman and that is a perfect way to describe Senter.

Get out of El Paso then and don't even cheer on UTEP, damn negative person. We don't need people like you in El Paso, always being negative.

Reactions: nfldude
I am not sure what you think will improve the gameday experience if the coaches cannot put talent on the field and court? Do you want fireworks, Peter Piper Pizza, and stupid games on the field during timeouts? They have begun the "renovation" project were the Captains Club sits that will add private "cabana" style suites and a new bar area. But until we can get a big donor to really contribute several million dollars to the university, UTEP will never have anything more than the current situation at the Sun Bowl and Don Haskins.

New televisions screens in the Don and Sun Bowl are nice but they are put in place to shut people up for a year or two about renovations. UTEP needs to redo the locker rooms, build a proper food hall for the athletes that give them the proper nutrition.

Right now the football team eats ice cream sundaes and chicken fingers for their gameday meal and the basketball scraps together 2 meals for the players. Then during the week, they are told to eat free lunch at Luby's, Dominos Pizza, and Subway. If you go to any other major university who has a decent or good program, they have a nutritionist and chefs making sure the athletes are fed properly. It is total BS how UTEP athletes are treated in this regard.

Comes down to money and currently we don't have the money in the budget to do that. That's why alittle donation here and there will go a long way, but unfortunately the way it looks donations wont come in unless we start winning

Have you ever been to a Chihuahuas game? They make the games fun and they bring big crowds when they have giveaways. Their fireworks night are always well attended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT