ADVERTISEMENT

Senter and DImel Get $1 Million For This?

Exactly. This is what I have been trying to say. Take out the product on the field and tell me what Senter has done this year. The answer would be nothing. He is getting paid to tweet #EPMAD and say how amazing UTEP is and how good they are going to be.
Well for one, he has increased the football coach's salary to 700k and basketball to $750 k.

And your point is? The man gets paid $300,000 a year. Imagine if Senter was hired at any other company to clean up a mess and nothing has changed in 9 months. That person would be fired.

Senter isn't stupid. He knows he has it easy here and doesn't have to answer to the media.

What has changed since Stull left? Tell me one thing. #EPMAD is an epic failure and there are no promotions and a pathetic game day experience. It's pretty sad when a AAA game (which has 70 games) has over half the attendance of a college football game with the debut of a brand new coach.

Do you think Senter deserves getting paid $25,000 a month because I don't think he deserves it.

Senter has already lied to fans on Twitter and only answers positive tweets. He never answers anything that is negative. So, sure he is accessible, but only accessibly when he wants to be.

I met Senter and I really wasn't impressed. He was a complete 180 from Stull, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Another fan told me Senter reminds him of a used car salesman and that is a perfect way to describe Senter.

Name one D1 AD or coach that’s paid per win.

Have you donated to The Miner Athletic Club?

Do you have season tickets to any UTEP sport?

And stop with the tired Chihuahuas comparisons — we already know how much you like hot dogs.

Name one D1 AD or coach that’s paid per win.

Have you donated to The Miner Athletic Club?

Do you have season tickets to any UTEP sport?

And stop with the tired Chihuahuas comparisons — we already know how much you like hot dogs.

Name One D1 coach who has lost by 20 points to an FCS team.

Name one AD who lies to fans on Twitter.

Yes, I donate and yes I have had season tickets for football and basketball for many years.

Why stop? The Chihuahuas know how to get the job done. Why can't UTEP? Hot dogs are yummy, especially with chili and cheese.

Have you ever been to a Chihuahuas game? They make the games fun and they bring big crowds when they have giveaways. Their fireworks night are always well attended.
Well ya, all the Chihuahuas organization is just one giant marketing department and have a marketing budget way larger than UTEP's. They don't have to worry about players and coaches salaries, player transactions etc... They are nothing like an athletic department.

Name One D1 coach who has lost by 20 points to an FCS team.

Name one AD who lies to fans on Twitter.

Yes, I donate and yes I have had season tickets for football and basketball for many years.

Why stop? The Chihuahuas know how to get the job done. Why can't UTEP? Hot dogs are yummy, especially with chili and cheese.

At least we can agree you like swallowing hot dogs.

Well ya, all the Chihuahuas organization is just one giant marketing department and have a marketing budget way larger than UTEP's. They don't have to worry about players and coaches salaries, player transactions etc... They are nothing like an athletic department.

And your point is? Senter gets paid $300,000 a year to do what exactly?

Right now the football team eats ice cream sundaes and chicken fingers for their gameday meal and the basketball scraps together 2 meals for the players. Then during the week, they are told to eat free lunch at Luby's, Dominos Pizza, and Subway. If you go to any other major university who has a decent or good program, they have a nutritionist and chefs making sure the athletes are fed properly. It is total BS how UTEP athletes are treated in this regard.[/QUOTE]

I will agree about this. This needs to be resolved asap. Not only do the athletes feel better, better nutrition leads to better performance.

I think that should cost about 250k which is about 1.6% of our current budget and would be money well spent.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
Right now the football team eats ice cream sundaes and chicken fingers for their gameday meal and the basketball scraps together 2 meals for the players. Then during the week, they are told to eat free lunch at Luby's, Dominos Pizza, and Subway. If you go to any other major university who has a decent or good program, they have a nutritionist and chefs making sure the athletes are fed properly. It is total BS how UTEP athletes are treated in this regard.

I will agree about this. This needs to be resolved asap. Not only do the athletes feel better, better nutrition leads to better performance.

I think that should cost about 250k which is about 1.6% of our current budget and would be money well spent.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Senter can save money by not having him and his staff go on trips, etc.

Right now the football team eats ice cream sundaes and chicken fingers for their gameday meal and the basketball scraps together 2 meals for the players. Then during the week, they are told to eat free lunch at Luby's, Dominos Pizza, and Subway. If you go to any other major university who has a decent or good program, they have a nutritionist and chefs making sure the athletes are fed properly. It is total BS how UTEP athletes are treated in this regard.

I think that should cost about 250k which is about 1.6% of our current budget and would be money well spent.[/QUOTE]

They used to go to mcdonalds and Luby's for meals. For the last five years or so they've had a dining hall.

Will EPFC Locomotives be empty too?
The new Great Wolf Lodge?
The new Melting Pot and Ruths Chris? I’m legit curious about attendance and foot traffic. Everyone at home just watching Kodi, Netflix, and Fortnite?

Dimel was hired before Senter stared working at UTEP, so he has nothing to with that.
Senter hired Dimel. Just because he was technically still at the Citadel, doesn't mean he had nothing to do with the Dimel hiring.
He was working for UTEP when he hired Terry and also had everything to do with paying him $750 k.

Senter hired Dimel. Just because he was technically still at the Citadel, doesn't mean he had nothing to do with the Dimel hiring.
He was working for UTEP when he hired Terry and also had everything to do with paying him $750 k.

I never denied that Senter hired Dimel.

How did Senter increase UTEP's budget since you say he did that?

How did Senter increase UTEP's budget since you say he did that?
I don't know, maybe he got boosters to lay down some cash??? Doesn't really matter how he did it, the important thing is he got it done and paying 700k for the football coach and 750k for BB is a huge improvement in what Stull was able to do.

I don't know, maybe he got boosters to lay down some cash??? Doesn't really matter how he did it, the important thing is he got it done and paying 700k for the football coach and 750k for BB is a huge improvement in what Stull was able to do.

So let me get this straight. You are saying Senter raised money for UTEP while he was still working at The Citadel?

Exactly! You don't know.

Senter is getting paid more than Stull. Did Senter raise that money too?

The obvious answer is the money was already there, but Senter chose to pay more. It's not that hard to do. He certainly doesn't deserve $300,000 a year to do that.

Last edited:
The obvious answer is the money was already there, but Senter chose to pay more. It's not that hard to do. He certainly doesn't deserve $300,000 a year to do that.
And you don't know if the money was already there??? What if it wasn't??? And if the money was there all this time and Stull was too stupid to use it to raise our FB coach's salary to 700k and BB to 750k , then YES Senter deserves 300k a year because he is obviously smarter than Stull.

And you don't know if the money was already there??? What if it wasn't??? And if the money was there all this time and Stull was too stupid to use it to raise our FB coach's salary to 700k and BB to 750k , then YES Senter deserves 300k a year because he is obviously smarter than Stull.

Well, if what you are saying what is true, Senter raised a few $100k when he wasn't even officially working at UTEP. Do you really believe that?

You're right. Senter deserves to get paid $300k to use money that was there when he arrived at the job. Because you and I couldn't have done the same thing and we had to give Senter $300k to a sign a check. :rolleyes:

Well, if what you are saying what is true, Senter raised a few $100k when he wasn't even officially working at UTEP. Do you really believe that?
:rolleyes:
He conducted a football coach hiring process when he wasn't officially working at UTEP, so ya its very possible he made phone calls or visits to boosters to raise more money for salaries.

Couple of things about Senter.
1. He hired Dimal and Terry. I really like the Terry hire.
2. Game day experience is only slightly better. The tailgating situation is a little better as people are allowed to stay at their tailgate. The food in the Sun Bowl was much better with a variety of choices located on the North end. Perhaps you did not make it to that area.
3. As for lying on twitter by not saying how many tickets had been sold. That has been happening for years. Stull never could tell people how many tickets had been sold or were remaining.
4. He did get the Sun Bowl renovations started and is working to improve the concourse on the west side.
5. At least he has a twitter and will respond. Stull was the most aloof person I have ever met
As far as the $300k salary, that is on the low end for an athletic director at a division 1 school. I suggest you look into getting your masters degree in athletic administration so that your could have the same earning potential.

And your point is? Does that mean Senter can't improve the game day experience, increase promotions, etc.

Bud, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the "game day experience" but I am simply laying out details on why UTEP's game day experience cannot compete with larger universities or cities. You have to agree that if UTEP had an elite offense or defense that people would be excited to sit outside in the El Paso heat and wind to watch the Miners kick a$$.

Just like when basketball is good (and boy will we be good in the coming years) the Don is loaded every night, the burritos are hot, beers taste colder and it is loud and a blast to be there. When they go 3-28 on shooting 3-pointers and lose by 20 every night, the attendance drops and people stay at home.

Most people attending UTEP games are not alumni but are fans looking for something fun to do in El Paso.

The gameday experience will be improved when UTEP fully supports football and basketball players financially. New uniforms (check), locker room upgrades to compete with big schools, proper nutrition, and amenities to excite the kids. These items along with others will show high schoolers considering UTEP that the athletics are real and once you get that then gameday will be fun again.

Check out the links below to see what other schools have done to help improve their athletics.

Colorado:
Memphis:
TCU:

F*** the chihuahuas. Its minor league baseball its gimiike as hell. When I read this board sometimes you would think we're competing with Yankees or Cubs. The Idotopes out draw the Chihuahuas. I dont think UNM fans are worried about immulating Isotopes atmosphere at their sporting events. I dont get the Chihuahuas stuff at all.

F*** the chihuahuas. Its minor league baseball its gimiike as hell. When I read this board sometimes you would think we're competing with Yankees or Cubs. The Idotopes out draw the Chihuahuas. I dont think UNM fans are worried about immulating Isotopes atmosphere at their sporting events. I dont get the Chihuahuas stuff at all.
Haha I like that.

Sir, I can help you with some adult literacy programs. Looks like you need some major help.

He conducted a football coach hiring process when he wasn't officially working at UTEP, so ya its very possible he made phone calls or visits to boosters to raise more money for salaries.

So you're saying he conducted the search and did everything by himself without any help?

3. As for lying on twitter by not saying how many tickets had been sold. That has been happening for years. Stull never could tell people how many tickets had been sold or were remaining.

Not true. Here's some proof. Senter clearly stated 5 days before the NAU game that he didn't know how many tickets have been sold. Either he is a liar or completely clueless.

Darren Hunt‏@dhuntreporter 8 Nov 2013
With opener manana, UTEP officials say they've sold 5,300 basketball season tickets so far and expect to exceed last year's total (5,465).

Bill Melugin‏Verified account@BillFOXLA 1 Apr 2014
UTEP AD Bob Stull tells me as of 1:30, 7,500 tickets sold. Said they're averaging 1,000 sold per hour for tomorrows WNIT final 4 game

KTSM NewsChannel 9‏@KTSMtv 17 Oct 2012
THIS JUST IN: UTEP officials confirm with NC9 that 17,091 tickets have been sold at the Homecoming game Oct. 20.... http://fb.me/1JzBCDctt

Teddy Feinberg‏@TeddyFeinberg 15 Sep 2011
Just under 17,000 tickets sold for UTEP game at this point.

Senter won't say anything to the negative people on Twitter. Why jeopardize his position by arguing with people on Twitter. So if you have something negative to say don't expect a response.

Senter won't say anything to the negative people on Twitter. Why jeopardize his position by arguing with people on Twitter. So if you have something negative to say don't expect a response.

You don't have to argue with somebody that disagrees with you. If somebody has a complaint I would definitely address it. That's what a director does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT