ADVERTISEMENT

Senter and DImel Get $1 Million For This?

Hard to believe that so many are falling for this. One troll disappears and another appears. It's an old trick. Ignore...here we go.
Wow. Why do you all feel compelled to answer this asshole? Like we have the answers! He is now on ignore for me

Wow. Why do you all feel compelled to answer this asshole? Like we have the answers! He is now on ignore for me

Thanks for the compliments! I am waiting for the answers. LOL

It's funny how some people here can act mature (even when we disagree), but yet others have to use foul language.

Thanks for the compliments! I am waiting for the answers. LOL

It's funny how some people here can act mature (even when we disagree), but yet others have to use foul language.
Dimel was hired on December 6 and Senter worked at The Citadel until December 15. What isn't accurate about that statement?
Jim Senter was hired Nov. 22 and hired Dimel. So it can't be said Dimel was hired 1st

Jim Senter was hired Nov. 22 and hired Dimel. So it can't be said Dimel was hired 1st

He was hired on November 22, but his first day at UTEP was in mid-December.

If you think he raised a few $100k at UTEP while still working at The Citadel, that's fine. I just think Senter CHOSE to pay the coaches more, just like UTEP CHOSE to pay Senter more than Stull.

Reactions: Minerforlife
https://www.mobilesportsreport.com/2017/02/arizona-state-upgrades-das-wi-fi-at-sun-devil-stadium/

The university added 250 new DAS antennas. The vendor-neutral network includes AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile, which share 21 DAS sectors to keep cell service humming inside the stadium.

On the Wi-Fi side, ASU opted for Cisco’s access points. The networking vendor was already entrenched across the 642-acre campus; Steed and the IT department prefer the simplicity of a single-vendor network. Cisco helped with the hardware and RF engineering for Sun Devil Stadium. CenturyLink offered guidance on the networking and fiber pieces of the project, while Hunt-Sundt, a joint venture, was the contractor for most of the physical construction.
https://www.mobilesportsreport.com/2017/10/new-colorado-state-stadium-has-winning-wi-fi-network/

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
https://www.mobilesportsreport.com/2017/02/arizona-state-upgrades-das-wi-fi-at-sun-devil-stadium/

The university added 250 new DAS antennas. The vendor-neutral network includes AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile, which share 21 DAS sectors to keep cell service humming inside the stadium.

On the Wi-Fi side, ASU opted for Cisco’s access points. The networking vendor was already entrenched across the 642-acre campus; Steed and the IT department prefer the simplicity of a single-vendor network. Cisco helped with the hardware and RF engineering for Sun Devil Stadium. CenturyLink offered guidance on the networking and fiber pieces of the project, while Hunt-Sundt, a joint venture, was the contractor for most of the physical construction.
https://www.mobilesportsreport.com/2017/10/new-colorado-state-stadium-has-winning-wi-fi-network/

I watched that game on ESPN. Even the announcers mentioned how ASU strives to make the game day experience better. The student section looked phenomenal.

You can get a ticket to a Chihuahuas game less than a GA football ticket.

What is that supposed to mean? The Chihuahua's have funding and solid backing from the City, Foster's, and Hunt's. That well is not going dry anytime soon. They thrive off of gameday experience or else the Chihuahua's fail and MILB pulls the team. UTEP doesn't have a huge incentive to make football great. IT would help the university greatly but will not determine the future of the school like it does the Chihuahua's.

What is that supposed to mean? The Chihuahua's have funding and solid backing from the City, Foster's, and Hunt's. That well is not going dry anytime soon. They thrive off of gameday experience or else the Chihuahua's fail and MILB pulls the team. UTEP doesn't have a huge incentive to make football great. IT would help the university greatly but will not determine the future of the school like it does the Chihuahua's.

That's my point. Why can't UTEP thrive off of the gameday experience? They should hire Andy for the football season or get somebody like him. He makes the games fun.

UTEP doesn't have a huge incentive? Really? The incentive would be higher ticket sales.

That's my point. Why can't UTEP thrive off of the gameday experience? They should hire Andy for the football season or get somebody like him. He makes the games fun.

UTEP doesn't have a huge incentive? Really? The incentive would be higher ticket sales.

I sure hope you support the Chihuahuas by buying season tickets.

Reactions: WestTx12
The difference between the Chihuahuas and UTEP is that winning matters with UTEP not with the Chihuahuas. People go minor league baseball because it's cheap family entertainment. The outcome of the game doesn't matter. They could be on a 10 game losing streak and it wouldn't have an effect on attendance.

UTEP all that matters is the outcome. Granted we have the most inept marketing department in division 1. However, when your on the nations longest losing streak and it's been written about every week as the streak you will struggle to draw fans regardless of the fan experience. El Paso is not a sophisticated market. People like cheap and it's a band wagon city. Win and people will come, lose they wont.

People like cheap and it's a band wagon city.

Why not offer $5 tickets and sell $2 hot dogs and drinks? All of the unsold seats is lost revenue. If UTEP is 0-11 going into the last game offer $1 tickets and $1 hot dogs and drinks. UTEP won't lose money and maybe will bring new fans into the game.

Have giveaways. It's not hard to find a sponsor.

Why not offer $5 tickets and sell $2 hot dogs and drinks? All of the unsold seats is lost revenue. If UTEP is 0-11 going into the last game offer $1 tickets and $1 hot dogs and drinks. UTEP won't lose money and maybe will bring new fans into the game.

It might be an answer in the near but that's a terrible long term strategy. The focus at UTEP should be selling the premium seats which there will be more of next. The premium seats are much more important than the other seats. You want to market yourself as cheap entertainment. $5 tickets will scare off coorporate sponsors and premium seat holders. The ticket prices should remain the same. When we have have a winning program the joe blows will eat their shot sandwich and like and ask for another.

It might be an answer in the near but that's a terrible long term strategy. The focus at UTEP should be selling the premium seats which there will be more of next. The premium seats are much more important than the other seats. You want to market yourself as cheap entertainment. $5 tickets will scare off coorporate sponsors and premium seat holders. The ticket prices should remain the same. When we have have a winning program the joe blows will eat their shot sandwich and like and ask for another.

Oh of course! I hope UTEP gets back on track soon so they won't have to offer cheap tickets. This is what they should have been doing last year. Just get people to go to the games!

The new seats that UTEP will have next year should be the main focus. I hope they sell well.

The thing is that right now anybody can sit anywhere. It doesn't even make sense to buy a premium seat because anybody can buy a GA ticket and sit anywhere.

I have bought season tickets every year and UTEP season tickets for many years.

What about you? How do you support UTEP?

I’ve bought season tickets to football (2) and basketball (4) for 14 straight years. This year, I donated to the Miner Athletic Club because I’m impressed with the energy Senter has brought. I also buy four full season Chihuahuas tickets.

I’ve bought season tickets to football (2) and basketball (4) for 14 straight years. This year, I donated to the Miner Athletic Club because I’m impressed with the energy Senter has brought. I also buy four full season Chihuahuas tickets.

Cool!!

Lowering the price for tickets is a bad idea. I purchased season tickets and if they did that I would not do it again next year. Why but season tickets for $66 ($11 per game) only to see them sell them for $5. Advertising sponsorship is driving by season ticket sales. Lowering concession prices is an ok idea but it cuts into the ability to raise money for the groups that run the concession stands.

In my opinion last season and this one is not a good idea to bring in new fans by offering free or discounted tickets. I would estimate that 90% of the “new fans” that make the game will walk away never wanting to experience a UTEP game again. Through the rebuilding process the administration should focus on satisfying the base of 15k loyal fans. That’s a strong foundation to build from.

My first football season of attending games was the 2000 WAC championship. First impressions are lasting impressions. The stands were full, the team was exciting, and we were winning games. I was hooked and have been chasing that same high ever since. Had my first taste of UTEP being the 2001 season I don’t think I would be here right now on this message board putting myself through the torture of being a UTEP football fan.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Then lower the prices of season tickets. All of the unsold tickets is lost revenue for UTEP. Make season tickets $40 and give out prizes to every season ticket holder and give a free concession item for each game.

There is ZERO incentive to buy season tickets. With the $10 fee that UTEP adds on a GA season ticket is $76. If you bought each GA tickets for the 6 games individually it would cost $72. Why does it cost more to buy a GA season ticket?

Then lower the prices of season tickets. All of the unsold tickets is lost revenue for UTEP. Make season tickets $40 and give out prizes to every season ticket holder and give a free concession item for each game.

There is ZERO incentive to buy season tickets. With the $10 fee that UTEP adds on a GA season ticket is $76. If you bought each GA tickets for the 6 games individually it would cost $72. Why does it cost more to buy a GA season ticket?

If they gave out dildos as prizes, you’d be there.

I bought my season tickets at the athletic department office and there was not an additional fee. In addition, I picked them up when UTEP invited people to do so and got a gift bag with a UTEP football shirt and some other swag. So I would argue that there is incentive to buy season tickets.

I bought my season tickets at the athletic department office and there was not an additional fee. In addition, I picked them up when UTEP invited people to do so and got a gift bag with a UTEP football shirt and some other swag. So I would argue that there is incentive to buy season tickets.

If you buy online you are charged $10.

Even if you don't pay a fee you are saving $6. That's not an inventive to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT