ADVERTISEMENT

Senter is MIA

Senter has privileges he doesn't have. It's not like it's "above your pay grade" information.

Same goes for La Tech. UTEP brings in more than they do but La Tech is more successful than UTEP in their major revenue programs.

Yes it was.
Senter has privileges he doesn't have. It's not like it's "above your pay grade" information.

Same goes for La Tech. UTEP brings in more than they do but La Tech is more successful than UTEP in their major revenue programs.
Nobody expects "above your pay grade" information but showing face and staying in the public eye should be a priority for an AD. Seems like Senter is dodging media knowing the teams aren't great

Yes what has happened to the fan council meetings.? You can still have them virtually. Fact is the athletic dept. was broke before the pandemic and now they are broke AF. They can’t even get Yellen to be with a Teich anymore, etc. The Sun Bowl renovations was pretty much the highlight of The last few years but that’s about it!

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Yes what has happened to the fan council meetings.? You can still have them virtually. Fact is the athletic dept. was broke before the pandemic and now they are broke AF. They can’t even get Yellen to be with a Teich anymore, etc. The Sun Bowl renovations was pretty much the highlight of The last few years but that’s about it!

Ahh is that what happened to yellen? I thought someone gave me a Christmas gift..... I loved his enthusiasm but he drove me up the wall

If I could rate it. It would be like 3 or 4. It was good to talk to the athletic department. It was informing about the process on what the idea for scheduling and updating equipment was. The main thing was that we would meet every 3 months so, if we met more frequently it would be more efficient I think. Senter is a good guy, and I know the hires haven't been working out but I feel like he would do more if we had the money. There's a bunch of us that wanted UTEP to get more social media presence and I think they have. I did advocate to get alumni support more and more through keeping with the Town Halls and stuff. The recent grads haven't seen a UTEP team play good besides the 2014 team, so if they are going to want money they will need field competitive teams.

They did do presentations which shown numbers in terms of money, attendance. I don't have those presentation but some of it was interesting, and most of it was known to me already because I follow college sports. It is for your regular person who doesn't follow college sports daily or anything.

UTEP isn't moving conferences until we can win CUSA. UTEP future scheduling until senter leaves will be play P5 school away, FCS team at home, NMSU home/away, play G5 team that is on the level of UTEP (Examples provided by Senter UNM, UNLV, Nevada, San Jose St). Attendance hasn't been as good, I don't remember the numbers. He wants to upgrade the camera equipment for broadcasting, which ESPN needs a certain level of camera equipment. I think we are at the minimum for this in basketball and football. The main thing was doing the renovation to be constructed and do small facility upgrades as time goes on but I doubt it now due to covid. I was on the council in 2018

My sources tell me Senter has been driving up to Las Cruces on a daily basis to attend Mario Moccia’s lecture series’ titled “How to hire a football coach 101”, “How to hire a basketball coach 101”, and “How to run an athletic department 101.”

My sources also tell me he has signed up for Moccia’s lecture “How to fire your football and basketball coach when you have no idea what you are doing” next semester.

Let’s hope Senter takes detailed notes.

Last edited:
My sources tell me Senter has been driving up to Las Cruces on a daily basis to attend Mario Moccia’s lecture series’ titled “How to hire a football coach 101”, “How to hire a basketball coach 101”, and “How to run an athletic department 101.”

My sources also tell me he has signed up for Moccia’s lecture “How to fire your football and basketball coach” next semester.

Moccia hasn’t fired any basketball coaches though. At least men’s. They moved on to better jobs because they won.

Why was my post deleted?
You violated two forum rules.

• No attacking other posters. Do not bring up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, and do not start posts just to talk about them and get a reaction. Do not consistently respond to their posts with no merit other than to belittle them.

• Do not post unsubstantiated rumors about anyone that could be considered libelous.

Reactions: unihorn
You violated two forum rules.

• No attacking other posters. Do not bring up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, and do not start posts just to talk about them and get a reaction. Do not consistently respond to their posts with no merit other than to belittle them.

• Do not post unsubstantiated rumors about anyone that could be considered libelous.

Saying someone is in the Fan Council is an attack and libelous?

2Step can talk about my buttplug, but you can’t type a rumor about another board member being in the fan council? Got it.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
RfOB.gif

Yeah, mentioning the name of someone who's not in the conversation is a violation.

They did do presentations which shown numbers in terms of money, attendance. I don't have those presentation but some of it was interesting, and most of it was known to me already because I follow college sports. It is for your regular person who doesn't follow college sports daily or anything.

UTEP isn't moving conferences until we can win CUSA. UTEP future scheduling until senter leaves will be play P5 school away, FCS team at home, NMSU home/away, play G5 team that is on the level of UTEP (Examples provided by Senter UNM, UNLV, Nevada, San Jose St). Attendance hasn't been as good, I don't remember the numbers. He wants to upgrade the camera equipment for broadcasting, which ESPN needs a certain level of camera equipment. I think we are at the minimum for this in basketball and football. The main thing was doing the renovation to be constructed and do small facility upgrades as time goes on but I doubt it now due to covid. I was on the council in 2018
Are they thinking about buying Hi- Definition tv broadcasting truck 🚛 and cameras? It would be mean that they are at least contemplating adding LED lights to both the Sun Bowl 🍜 and the DHC.

• Love
Are they thinking about buying Hi- Definition tv broadcasting truck 🚛 and cameras? It would be mean that they are at least contemplating adding LED lights to both the Sun Bowl 🍜 and the DHC.

Senter knows he had to upgrade the Don camera equipment first. I think they did since UTEP is on ESPN plus more now when they have home games. This season shows that we need better camera and production since the covid restrictions.

Yes it was.

Nobody expects "above your pay grade" information but showing face and staying in the public eye should be a priority for an AD. Seems like Senter is dodging media knowing the teams aren't great
Yeah, that's a given. When Price came to town Stull was a regular on Kap's sports show. Fast forward to the Floyd Chernobyl melt down, Stull could only get a ten cent cup of coffee at H&H Car Wash.

My sources also tell me he has signed up for Moccia’s lecture “How to fire your football and basketball coach when you have no idea what you are doing” next semester.

My sources have now confirmed Senter has failed all of his courses provided by Mr. Moccia resulting in his expulsion. Moccia’s recommendations for Mr. Senter include a change in his career to include UTEP male cheerleading supervisor (sorry Cube) or ticket attendant. Let’s see what Wilson decides to do.

I have had multiple dialogues with Mr Senter. My most recent one was ignited by the news of his extending Terry's contract by a year.
I told him that it was unfathomable. I asked him for any evidence of accomplishment, significant victories, improvement, etc. He responded with
1) There were only three players left from Floyd. I
reminded him that Terry ran the I others off.
2) 2019/20 team had the highest RPI in 5 years
from 331 to 198, had 5 more conference wins.
I reminded him that going from a dismal 3
wins to 8 was not "blow your horn".
Too many notes to list here. The latest is his response today, specifically regarding Efe's steady decline from his freshman year, his recent concussion (?), his disappearance and the mysterious continued absence of Onyema; saying, "I'm not a basketball coach. I do not question Coach Terry about every basketball decision and will not be answering your questions. Please stop asking me to give you a critique about the men's basketball program."

So there you have it Miners fans. We are in good hands. Don't worry or be discontent. We will settle for something between mediocrecy and utter failure.

I have had multiple dialogues with Mr Senter. My most recent one was ignited by the news of his extending Terry's contract by a year.
I told him that it was unfathomable. I asked him for any evidence of accomplishment, significant victories, improvement, etc. He responded with
Too many notes to list here. The latest is his response today, specifically regarding Efe's steady decline from his freshman year, his recent concussion (?), his disappearance and the mysterious continued absence of Onyema; saying, "I'm not a basketball coach. I do not question Coach Terry about every basketball decision and will not be answering your questions. Please stop asking me to give you a critique about the men's basketball program."

So there you have it Miners fans. We are in good hands. Don't worry or be discontent. We will settle for something between mediocrecy and utter failure.

Do you really think he’s going to answer some random email with 100% truth. He is never going to tell you (or anyone else) that he messed up or that he regrets doing it. It’s just not happening.

If you really want change, tell them to stick it the next time “he” asks you for monetary donations.

Interesting stuff. If he is trying to argue positive points then he is definitely feeling pressure. He sounds frustrated so at least you are getting through to him ( believe it or not). I think that extension could be a big nail in his coffin at UTEP so to speak.

Reactions: Lil_Train

I’m assuming that Senter has a pat response for those who questioned the CRT contract extension. Reading what he said to you, it looked very familiar, perhaps even verbatim. He even had his responses numbered 1-7. In addition to the reasons you said he gave you, he told me that the team’s GPA has risen. There have been no off court issues with basketball players. Terry’s recruiting class was exceptional. Etc, etc, etc.

Frankly, I’m surprised he even responded to me because I didn’t hold back my disappointment and even told him he’s definitely not the answer at UTEP and that I hoped he was next in line on the chopping block.

That was exactly how any AD should respond to questions about coaching decisions. If you're going to hire someone to do a job, let them do it till they're no longer employed to do that job.

I’m assuming that Senter has a pat response for those who questioned the CRT contract extension. Reading what he said to you, it looked very familiar, perhaps even verbatim. He even had his responses numbered 1-7. In addition to the reasons you said he gave you, he told me that the team’s GPA has risen. There have been no off court issues with basketball players. Terry’s recruiting class was exceptional. Etc, etc, etc.

Frankly, I’m surprised he even responded to me because I didn’t hold back my disappointment and even told him he’s definitely not the answer at UTEP and that I hoped he was next in line on the chopping block.
Yup. He gave me the same basic list of what he's clinging onto as plusses.
I did not hide my sentiments in my criticisms of the failures and he didn't hide his displeasure with me for pointing out the facts. I have also emailed Heather 2 or 3 times.
I was just browsing through my "Glory Road" book. Inspired me to watch the movie again. Maybe I'll feel better.

That was exactly how any AD should respond to questions about coaching decisions. If you're going to hire someone to do a job, let them do it till they're no longer employed to do that job.
Yeah, I have to agree. AD'S (good or bad) really are not in a position to answer to each and every fan that wants an explanation for their decisions. They should respond to area sports writers though. Don't know if t hey ever ask the hard questions.

Reactions: Taco1977
Has anyone on here ever posed these questions directly to Terry himself?
I'll bet you get the same BS answers or a deaf ear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT