ADVERTISEMENT

SFA VS UTEP game thread

Thursday evening I made a last second decision to make the 8.5hr drive to EP during the middle of a pandemic. I got good seats thanks to a buddy of mine hooking it up. I’m ready to watch my favorite team go 1-0. If Dimel fu*ks it up I’m going on a fire Dimel rampage.

Is there anyone on this board who expects a cakewalk for the Miners? It’s telling on how little hope we have going into this season that we are expecting a dog fight.

Is there anyone on this board who expects a cakewalk for the Miners? It’s telling on how little hope we have going into this season that we are expecting a dog fight.

Miners haven’t had a cakewalk in 3 seasons. Last year, Brandon Jones and Kai Locksley were the QBs, so unless you believe Dimel tanked last year on purpose, you have to believe Hardison is no better than either of them.

If your QB is WORSE than Kai, you’re not going to win many games, or favored to do so.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Miners haven’t had a cakewalk in 3 seasons. Last year, Brandon Jones and Kai Locksley were the QBs, so unless you believe Dimel tanked last year on purpose, you have to believe Hardison is no better than either of them.

If your QB is WORSE than Kai, you’re not going to win many games, or favored to do so.
It’s ironic how a few weeks ago I made the same argument and you had to give me the contrarian opinion. I wish I had the time to dig up the thread.

It’s ironic how a few weeks ago I made the same argument and you had to give me the contrarian opinion. I wish I had the time to dig up the thread.

Yet, you predicted 6 wins....

That is why nobody is predicting a 59-0 blowout. Uncertainty at the QB spot

Yet, you predicted 6 wins....

That is why nobody is predicting a 59-0 blowout. Uncertainty at the QB spot
Lol so because I expect a third year HC to beat 3/4 fbs teams plus the 2 fcs games that means you have to argue my point then a few weeks later use that same argument as your hot take. Lol. Just admit you love to argue with me even when I’m right.

Trying to keep an open mind. Three things

#1) An improved D line.

#2) QB performance improvement. I know Hardison can not run but I want to see that O line give him time to connect.

#3) The all out debut of Hankins. This is Wadley's team but want to see him bust some runs.

A la Marshall today? No. Their qb was on fire but EKU looked lifeless.

Lol so because I expect a third year HC to beat 3/4 fbs teams plus the 2 fcs games that means you have to argue my point then a few weeks later use that same argument as your hot take. Lol. Just admit you love to argue with me even when I’m right.

Try to follow me here. Good to know that you “expect” 6 wins and aren’t qualifying it with “predicting” or “ hoping”.

Also, I am saying that nobody is predicting a blowout tonight because he hasn’t really played. Not because he flat out “sucks”. Two different things. I don’t think Jordan Palmer was sitting behind Kai and Jones last year, that doesn’t mean he can’t turn into him this year.

If you cannot make it to the game tonight, it will be on ESPN College Sports Extra (Spectrum Cable channel 393) at 7 PM MT in the 915

Try to follow me here. Good to know that you “expect” 6 wins and aren’t qualifying it with “predicting” or “ hoping”.

Also, I am saying that nobody is predicting a blowout tonight because he hasn’t really played. Not because he flat out “sucks”. Two different things. I don’t think Jordan Palmer was sitting behind Kai and Jones last year, that doesn’t mean he can’t turn into him this year.
Try to follow me here. Yes the expectations is 6 wins. Senter said it himself. I don’t think they will but that’s what us as a fan base should demand.

I’m saying a few weeks ago I brought up his stats and Kai stats and said how I had zero confidence because Kai had JC stats and Hardison didn’t. You argued my point. I believe you said “what teams wanted Kai to be their starter?” And some other bogus shit. When I get back to Austin I’ll see if I care enough to pull up the threads. Yet game day here you are agreeing with the same damn point you argued against me. You’re showing signs of bi polar. Stick to your beliefs.

Get it. You’re the contrarian opinion.

I'm not "expecting" a dog fight. I'm "hoping" for one as opposed to simply having our asses handed to us. This team and this coaching staff have not done anything for us to expect more. Against anyone.

I'm not "expecting" a dog fight. I'm "hoping" for one as opposed to simply having our asses handed to us. This team and this coaching staff have not done anything for us to expect more. Against anyone.

Unless a FBS team has SMU-Death Penalty like restrictions, a team with a 3rd year coach, should be beating up sub-par FCS schools.

I honestly don’t even know what to expect out of the Miners tonight. For whatever unknown reason, I’m excited to find out. Almost game time!

Reactions: JCorona
Beautiful weather. SFA brought some fans. I think the home side fans will make an impact if the game is close.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Two long pass plays that started behind the LOS. We couldn't get off the cut blocks

Just tuned in to see that SFA scored on their first drive. The Miners are nothing if not consistent

Consistently bad, yes. I missed that SFA drive but was not surprised -- at all -- to tune in and see that they were already up 7-0.

Here we go again.

Reactions: develman
Well ok, they still look like crap. Its amazing Dimel didn't get rid of either the dc or oc... still early and a great punt. Can get the Miners going. Hopefully

UTEP will have good field position on their second drive. Need to take advantage and tie the game.

UTEP will attempt long fg if drive stalls.

No need, first down Miners!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT