ADVERTISEMENT

SFA VS UTEP game thread

Hate to take anything away from Hankins -- he's looked pretty good tonight. But I can't help but think, "it's against SFA."

Still, a good performance for him, Cowing, Garrett, and Hardison. SFA is still college ball and they too are men who want to win.

Hardison can play, but will need a few games under his belt

Cowing will be a star.

Hankins may be our new RB. Not sure what the deal is with Wadley.

OL with zero penalties and decent blocking

Interior defense plugged and pursued well

Offensive play calling needs to be better and more aggressive and tempo needs to improve.

Nice pickup game. Should help with enthusiasm and confidence. The game @ Texas should wipe that out though. I'm happy for the players and hope that we don't have too many players taken off the field on stretchers next week.
Go Miners!

Hate to take anything away from Hankins -- he's looked pretty good tonight. But I can't help but think, "it's against SFA."

Still, a good performance for him, Cowing, Garrett, and Hardison. SFA is still college ball and they too are men who want to win.
It is SFA but they came in with a one dimensional defensive game plane: UTEP runs; stuff it and chances increase. They had no answer for Cowing and Hardison threw like a gun slinger as advertised. Cowing (and Garrett) made critical catches that kept the chains moving and SFA front line just tuckered out but boy they came out aggressive along the front.

Good pass protection by O line and good d line front pressure especially holding a very good SFA rb (Ward).

Good night for Hardison but he missed three wide open TE's in 2nd half but he shows improvement every game.

It is SFA but they came in with a one dimensional defensive game plane: UTEP runs; stuff it and chances increase. They had no answer for Cowing and Hardison threw like a gun slinger as advertised. Cowing (and Garrett) made critical catches that kept the chains moving and SFA front line just tuckered out but boy they came out aggressive along the front.

Good pass protection by O line and good d line front pressure especially holding a very good SFA rb (Ward).

Good night for Hardison but he missed three wide open TE's in 2nd half but he shows improvement every game.
Give him a few more games and he will start spreading the wealth better. He was keying on Cowing all night. A good catching TE could open up this offense more.

Yup. Might as well call CollegeFootball-911 and report a murder in the making.
Just go out and have fun. There are some UTEP asst. coaches and staff who may want to buy the first round for UT for keeping this game.

Give him a few more games and he will start spreading the wealth better. He was keying on Cowing all night. A good catching TE could open up this offense more.
That’s designed by coaching from what I’ve heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT