ADVERTISEMENT

Shocker. Problems with ESPN3 Boadcast

Why can every other school in America push a signal that ESPN can show, on time no less but we can’t at UTEP???

Do they even know? There's a technical difficulties notice on the screen. Yes, I believe they know. Do they care? Probably not.

The ESPN 3 setup was barely setup this year with Senter. Bob didn't do the ESPN 3 setup. There is some work that needs to be done. I will bring it up with Senter.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
It has to be the team there at UTEP. The camera work, the audio and overall quality of what’s being sent out/up is weak. It’s not just this year but has been like this in the past when streaming UTEP home games in football and basketball.

Reactions: Lil_Train
The ESPN 3 setup was barely setup this year with Senter. Bob didn't do the ESPN 3 setup. There is some work that needs to be done. I will bring it up with Senter.

This has nothing to do with Senter. CUSA signed an agreement with ESPN. That's why the games are on ESPN platforms.

Wow. Low def TV. It’s like I recorded this game in 1993 and watching on my VCR. Apparently I wasted money getting a 4K TV

It has to be the team there at UTEP. The camera work, the audio and overall quality of what’s being sent out/up is weak. It’s not just this year but has been like this in the past when streaming UTEP home games in football and basketball.

Hi, Mr. @JimSenter2 @UTEPATHLETICS, hopefully the $16.2 million that you got from the U. TX Board of Regents will invest in a new lighting system for the Sun Bowl. It would help with the video quality presentation especially with the High Definition cameras.

If LED is not affordable, then the HID lighting.
http://www.musco.com/light-structure-system/

The $16 million that UTEP is getting from the UT system is not new money, it is the money to pay for the already announced Sun Bowl renovations. UTEP gets the $16 million from the UT system now, so that we can start the renovations now, then UTEP will pay back the UT system as we collect on the donations. It’s essentially kinda like a loan. Long story short, all of that money from the UT system is already accounted for. Improving the lighting system would need to be a completely different fundraising effort and we honestly probaby have other greater areas of need at this time, rather than improving lighting.

I believe NMSU has their students, produce their broadcast? It's solid. UTEP, it's not hard to get these basic "space age" issues resolved... Its been this way for WAY too long. Us out of towners, are used it. Sadly.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
Did he respond?
As of now, no.
And Jim Senter said he didn't know how many tickets have been sold. It makes sense. Why move the games up for fans to bake in the sun?

Yeah the fans and students are turning out in droves to bake in the sun for 90 minutes on the visitors side of the stadium. Parents really like when their kids or partners are complaining about the sun and heat.
Maybe it has to do with the new broadcast agreement with ESPN. There is nothing @JimSenter2 can do about it.

The game time temperature was about 78°.

The game time temperature was about 95° for NAU game.
It was 106° for the game @ UNLV. But the broadcast partner has all the say of when the game gets televised (Root Sports).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT