ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting stats

STexMiner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2004
Here are some of our shooting stats. We're shooting 52.5% from 2 (89th out of 353), 76.6% from the line (24th), and 295 made FTs (33rd). We're 29% from 3 (327th) but we've taken 410 (156th). I'm almost in favor of a dopey rule that if you miss 2 in a row without making a layup in between, you get to grab some pine. Two individual dropoffs caught my eye. Boum shot 36% from 3 his freshman year and is shooting 24% this year. Lathon shot 35% last year and is down to 18% this year.

I keep thinking that we're due for one of those games where we go 15-20, but that seems increasingly unlikely. I guess the question is whether this is just one of those years and regress towards to the mean next year or is this just who they are?

Who is quick enough to dribble drive more? Maybe Boum and Archie?

The only guys who should have the green light from 3 right now are Williams and Edwards.

I get the concept of shooting through a slump to try and break out of it, but the shooting woes go way beyond guys being in a slump. We are just a terrible outside shooting team. Period.

From 3:
Tarke - 11.1% - 1 attempt per game
Stroud - 15.4% - 1 attempt per game
Lathon 18.8% - 2.8 attempts per game
Hawkins - 21.7% - 1.3 attempts per game
Vila - 22.7% - 2.5 attempts per game
Boum - 24.2% - 5.2 attempts per game

Between just these guys this is about 14 attempts per game, only making about 3. All these missed 3s are like turnovers that we cannot afford, especially because we already give the ball away far too many times.

Not quite sure why CRT isn’t seeing this, and if he is, why the fvck he isn’t doing anything to change the situation. For a brief time during yesterday’s game we abandoned the 3 and mounted another very nice comeback by going to the hole and shooting more mid range, only to lose all momentum again, as Terry allowed the team to shoot a barrage of ugly looking 3s that barely even drew iron. I have not given up on the season, but as a long time fan, I am confused by and frustrated as hell with our coaching staff. Is it possible that a coaching staff at this level can have low basketball IQ? Sure as hell seems like it to me.

What have you not given up on? Winning the tournament? 20 games? Top 4 finish?

Im just a stubborn ass fan, probably like others on here, who can’t find it within himself to let it go, or give up.

I’ve seen some decent basketball, albeit fleeting moments, and still hold out hope that if we stop jacking up so many 3s and go inside and go to the hole as a game plan, we can beat anybody in our conference. So, I hold out some degree of hope that we first, get into the CUSA tournament and second, that we put a few good games together and win it. Do I think it’ll happen? No. Do I hope it will happen? Yeah, I still do.

The only guys who should have the green light from 3 right now are Williams and Edwards.

I get the concept of shooting through a slump to try and break out of it, but the shooting woes go way beyond guys being in a slump. We are just a terrible outside shooting team. Period.

From 3:

Between just these guys this is about 14 attempts per game, only making about 3. All these missed 3s are like turnovers that we cannot afford, especially because we already give the ball away far too many times.

Not quite sure why CRT isn’t seeing this, and if he is, why the fvck he isn’t doing anything to change the situation. For a brief time during yesterday’s game we abandoned the 3 and mounted another very nice comeback by going to the hole and shooting more mid range, only to lose all momentum again, as Terry allowed the team to shoot a barrage of ugly looking 3s that barely even drew iron. I have not given up on the season, but as a long time fan, I am confused by and frustrated as hell with our coaching staff. Is it possible that a coaching staff at this level can have low basketball IQ? Sure as hell seems like it to me.

From 3:

Agree 100%
Please see my post under "a few thoughts"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT