ADVERTISEMENT

Shouldnt UTEP football recruit CUSA area

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
I like that UTEP and staff recruited California, Arizona and a lot of Texas. Ever since UTEP has been in CUSA they still havent got any players from Louisiana, Florida, and all the south eastern area. Hopefully Dimel and staff in the future could maybe get some players from there. Did Kugler or Price ever get any players from there?

I know Barbee and Floyd did recruit that area but not football.

The only place out of the ones you mentioned we should target in my opinion is Florida — with as much talent there is Florida /Texas and California should always be recruited

I like that UTEP and staff recruited California, Arizona and a lot of Texas. Ever since UTEP has been in CUSA they still havent got any players from Louisiana, Florida, and all the south eastern area. Hopefully Dimel and staff in the future could maybe get some players from there. Did Kugler or Price ever get any players from there?

Kalon Beverly was from New Orleans, Kugler recruited a few JUCO's from Mississippi Sky Logan comes to mind, and we just gradudate Alex Jean-Charles a JUCO corner came from Florida, also Josh Dunn who left the team was a USF commit we grabbed but he red shirted and never played a down.

You won't find many players under recruited in any of those states except for Florida. LA has 5 D1 football teams all by itself and UTEP would likely go head to head with all of them. What does UTEP have to offer that LA TECH or Tulane or LA-Monroe don't? and forget about head to head with a SEC team. Florida has possibilities but it is heavily recruited by SEC and ACC along with the AAC and C-USA. IMO opinion UTEP should always try to make TEXAS its focus along with ARIZ, Nevada and Cali. Not as much competition and those states have many high quality JC programs. IMO UTEP has to take about half TEXAS kids and the other half from the WEST either JC or 1 year. Another route UTEP has to exploit in the major transfer player. These kids are looking for playing time and often are of higher caliber than any 1st year recruit.

We're in a state that thinks guns and bibles are intertwined and is tied into football and Dimel has good recruiting ties here in the state. We need to give him another recruiting cycle to see patterns from his recruiting. Despite what we think of Stull, Stull opened up the check book to let coaches recruit in almost all 50 states. Kug was up in the northwest, northern states and literally the east coast and was it fruitful? Unless, Kug said "awe schuck's fellas! I'd be glad to help you all", I doubt it.

We're in a state that thinks guns and bibles are intertwined and is tied into football and Dimel has good recruiting ties here in the state. We need to give him another recruiting cycle to see patterns from his recruiting. Despite what we think of Stull, Stull opened up the check book to let coaches recruit in almost all 50 states. Kug was up in the northwest, northern states and literally the east coast and was it fruitful? Unless, Kug said "awe schuck's fellas! I'd be glad to help you all", I doubt it.

That really does show how much of a failure Kugler was at recruiting. He had the green light to go all wherever he pleased to bring in players and he couldnt’ get the job done. Dimmel seems to be willing to recruit in places that we have been successful (CA/AZ) so I like his approach. I really hope these JUCOs plan out as well.

No. They can recruit texas being a texas team and being so far west they get nm,az,colorado,utah,nevada,cali,wash, and oregon to themselves heck even idaho and montana could give you some talent every other year. Well atleast compared to other cusa teams. The top utep signees this year were from either texas or cali. Cant go wrong with that. Florida is a must tho. Ill give you that

Thinking WAY outside the box, maybe UTEP could try recruiting Mexico? According to ESPN, American football is a big deal in Mexico.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17853442/american-football-taken-root-mexico-all-levels-youth-pro

Maybe there's a wealth of untapped talent that UTEP would be best situated to exploit. Or at least maybe a few diamonds in the rough.
The best hs mexican players usually move to the rgv to play hs football here. This year ik one mexican player got fcs offers. Ended up going with incarnate word. In hs i played with one guy from mexico , he was pretty darn good and elusive. Ran a legit 4.48but he was about 155lb and 5'6ish. He would tell me about how overthere in mex they have highschool aged kids playing with adults since theres not alot of leagues overthere etc. The really good ones do end up overhere mostly playing d2 football and once in a while youll get an fcs typa guy. Utep should give a look at the rgvs 2020 class... campbell speights 3 star brother of stanford rb trevor speights with offers from tulane and rice and ot tyler bailey (6'5 290) with offers from lsu and oregon. Class of 2021 has some fbs talent on there too

The best hs mexican players usually move to the rgv to play hs football here. This year ik one mexican player got fcs offers. Ended up going with incarnate word. In hs i played with one guy from mexico , he was pretty darn good and elusive. Ran a legit 4.48but he was about 155lb and 5'6ish. He would tell me about how overthere in mex they have highschool aged kids playing with adults since theres not alot of leagues overthere etc. The really good ones do end up overhere mostly playing d2 football and once in a while youll get an fcs typa guy. Utep should give a look at the rgvs 2020 class... campbell speights 3 star brother of stanford rb trevor speights with offers from tulane and rice and ot tyler bailey (6'5 290) with offers from lsu and oregon and 6'5 wr lavar lindo with legit 4.5 flat speed and i believe fcs offers. Class of 2021 has some fbs talent on there too

"Donald Trump Rallies"
Well hell we should leverage that to corner all the 55+ white male recruits out there. (Might have trouble signing that Honduran Kicker, however)

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT