ADVERTISEMENT

Showers get some nice comments from staff and beat writers

VA Miner

All Star
May 8, 2003
Haven't seen any posts on his time with Dallas. I have been pleasantly surprised that he has been in several interviews and coaches are really pleased with his progress. There was even one article that put him in the running to be the third QB. He is also being mentioned for his work on special teams. They like his size and athletic abilities. Hope he can stick at least on the practice squad at least.

No doubt, as far as physical size and size of heart, Showers has few peers. He's a big lad. But his passing! It's got a long way to go. He tended to be more accurate when on the run in the roll out. But in the pocket? Not so good. Good luck to Showers! He'll be one hard hit from getting a spot on a roster.

On the radio the other day the were talking about him and how he has a strong arm, but it doesn't appear to be very accurate. Sure wasn't any new news to me...

Reactions: TortugaEP
He doesn't have to make the roster as a QB. Dallas coaches like him as a special teams player. That may be his "golden ticket" to being part of the 53-man squad. I'd bet if you asked Showers, he'd be ok with that, as opposed to getting his walking papers.

Showers had a couple of errant throws during the Cowboys vs Chargers game. But no more than normal and certainly I've seen Romo, as an NFL vet, throw far worse. He looked poised but even more, comfortable. The passes he did connect on made me wonder why UTEP didn't let him throw more and use high completion routes to make that happen.

I think Showers has a legit shot come two to three years.

1525698_10151794166981481_1283575360_n.jpg

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
He had two critical drops from his teammates. One screen looked like it could have gone all the way. The other was a perfectly thrown 3rd down pass in between two defenders that the received just dropped.

He had two critical drops from his teammates. One screen looked like it could have gone all the way. The other was a perfectly thrown 3rd down pass in between two defenders that the received just dropped.

Yup, he sure did! He was very impressive, which poses my question all over again. Why wasn't UTEP letting him throw the ball more? I believed it was that he wasn't accurate, but then again, was it his WRs? Questions, questions, questions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT