ADVERTISEMENT

Showtyme's second-contract decision

M i n e r

Rookie
Mar 20, 2016
I have trouble believing that playing in below-freezing weather conditions has no impact on injuries.

Should Aaron Jones sign with a team that has a roof on its stadium or is somewhere with bearable weather?

Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Arizona, Miami, and Kansas City are on my list.

What's the best-fitting scenario?

I have trouble believing that playing in below-freezing weather conditions has no impact on injuries.

Should Aaron Jones sign with a team that has a roof on its stadium or is somewhere with bearable weather?

Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Arizona, Miami, and Kansas City are on my list.

Whoever gives him the most financial security

Taxes and finances play a big role. Brady didn't go risk a legendary career at Tampa for no reason. No income tax, (property) taxes are not not he cheapest but you don't feel it with a net worth of $200,000,000. Then come schools and quality of life for the family. [Tampa ranks among the cities with the lowest taxes on businesses in the U.S., according to a recent report]

I think he goes to Arizona

"I'd rather be warm and kick your ass all over the field. That's how I'll prove that I'm tougher than the other guy." - Chiefs Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen

"[Sheldon Brown] tackled Seattle running back Maurice Morris during a frigid, late-season loss to Seattle in 2005 and dislocated a finger. The only problem was that Brown didn't know he'd injured himself until he saw his finger pointing at an awkward angle. "That's how cold it was that day," Brown said. "My whole body was numb and I couldn't feel the pain. They just popped it right back into place and I just kept on playing. These are the kinds of things that happen when you play in really cold weather." 10 things you should know about cold-weather football

Aaron has a GREAT agent, he should get that contract stability he deserves, just sucks he had his worst game of his career in the NFC title game I feel for him but it’s going to make him hungry. I think his future in GB is dependent on Aaron Rodgers and if he wants to take his three year contract somewhere else or stick it out in GB.

Arizona is fine, being. Bronco fan don’t want them to face him twice a year.

i think Jets will be in play. They have the money to get some players. They could get a super team.

They do have a lot of money. Hopefully the tax bill will keep him away though. Oh yeah, and the fact that they really suck!

well think about it. Jets could build around Justin Fields while he is on his rookie contract. Thats the best way to go for teams i think.

Jets draft Justin Fields and they could get Aaron Jones and some other weapons through free agency. They could have a good team. And who wouldnt want to play in New York City?? Nothing like being a star in New York City.

well think about it. Jets could build around Justin Fields while he is on his rookie contract. Thats the best way to go for teams i think.

Jets draft Justin Fields and they could get Aaron Jones and some other weapons through free agency. They could have a good team. And who wouldnt want to play in New York City?? Nothing like being a star in New York City.

I think the BYU kids is the number 2 QB according to the experts, but I get your point either way. You're definitely right about being a star in NYC. I'm just being selfish. I want him to be somewhere close enough that I can check out a couple games.

Although not my team, the Dolphins have money available and can use a great RB like Aaron Jones. The Dolphins were one of the most improved teams in the NFL and have a solid defense. The Dolphins also have several top picks in the upcoming draft.

I think the BYU kids is the number 2 QB according to the experts, but I get your point either way. You're definitely right about being a star in NYC. I'm just being selfish. I want him to be somewhere close enough that I can check out a couple games.

(one of these guys)
I think the Jets are in play for Deshaun Watson as well. Watson/Fields/BYU kid, Jones, and Allen Robinson and they already have those other good rookie Wrs That would be a sick team. Im also hearing Jones to the Bills. Now that would be a scary team.

Reactions: Taco1977

Who was a better QB at Ohio State? Haskins or Fields? Are you really sold on Fields? And the Jets seem to the new place where QBs go to die. They have replaced Cleveland.

Tate Martell. Started in 2017 with Ohio State, and is now is only a redshirt Junior at Miami. He is now transferring from Miami. If he was at Byu he could play till he was 30.

Reactions: Taco1977

I don’t think Dallas is in play. Zeke is making 13 million next year. In a perfect world Jones looks to make in the 10 million range. Can Dallas afford a 20 million plus backfield? They have way more pressing needs, especially if they want to sign Prescott long term.

I don’t think Dallas is in play. Zeke is making 13 million next year. In a perfect world Jones looks to make in the 10 million range. Can Dallas afford a 20 million plus backfield? They have way more pressing needs, especially if they want to sign Prescott long term.
If Dallas spends that much on the backfield then they'd better switch to the wishbone.

Jones was sharing pics from Miami on IG recently. Interesting to see this report a few days later.

Last edited:
No way. Now if they had let Zeke go like they should have then maybe Jones would have been in play. I still think he goes to Arizona.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Let’s just dream Meyer wanted to come here, Senter wouldn’t have the sense to interview him much less hire the man.
( Unless he had a killer power point! ) You know that new technology really is impressive!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT