ADVERTISEMENT

So what was different tonight?

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
They held UTSA under 30% shooting and Jackson to only 7 points.

I guess UTSA has their own monkey on their back, still trying to win a road game. That's still a good defensive performance, however you slice it.

Why do these Miners often look like a totally different team from one night to the next?

This game was close until about the 8 minute mark in the second half, so it was tighter than the final score indicated. I thought UTSA showed why they have yet to win a road game this year. It is tough to shoot on the road, and they rely a ton on their outside shooting.

Jackson was in foul trouble most of the game, and fouled out with around three minutes to play. Again, a win is a win, but it is tough to get too excited after watching a contest between two flawed teams.

Reactions: axingfools1
We're in three way tie for 10th. We split with the other two teams and I have no idea how tie breakers work. Our best way to get back into the race is split at UAB and sweep FIU. That would leave us at 7-7 with a road trip to FAU and a home series with Charlotte remaining.

My fear is we get swept at UAB and the FIU series is cancelled cuz of COVID. At 4-8 with only four games left would make it just about impossible to sneak in.

We are not going to beat UAB on the road, they play defense and have talented players which has sealed our fate in every game this year. We likely can get both FIU games and maybe win one at FAU but likely split with Charlotte. Losing to UTSA and USM doomed us and we have proven time and again we can't gain momentum or be consistent game to game. Other teams and coaches have the book on us down, keep us on the outside and we will shoot about 40% in most games, will not rebound and our play will degrade to jacking up shot after shot with 0 inside play.

Reactions: axingfools1
We are not going to beat UAB on the road, they play defense and have talented players which has sealed our fate in every game this year. We likely can get both FIU games and maybe win one at FAU but likely split with Charlotte. Losing to UTSA and USM doomed us and we have proven time and again we can't gain momentum or be consistent game to game. Other teams and coaches have the book on us down, keep us on the outside and we will shoot about 40% in most games, will not rebound and our play will degrade to jacking up shot after shot with 0 inside play.
La Tech plays defense and has talented players and we took one from them. Granted, it was a home game, although I don't think home crowds are as much of a factor this season.

You're probably right; the odds are against UTEP stealing a game, but there is some chance that it happens. There's always a chance Boum or Williams will get hot for a game and score 30 points.

Of the two I think UAB is the better team. Teams basically dare us to shoot outside, sometimes we hit em (like 1st game with Rice) but more often than not teams shut us off inside and we can't recover. It's a bad sign when Williams get his points from 3 and Boum has to take 15 or 20 jump shots and few free throws. Because almost assuredly we will give up a lot inside or allow teams to drive to the basket. Seen this show for 3 years now and we are so predictable, as a fan I see it and I'm pretty sure every coach we play see's it as well.

Of the two I think UAB is the better team. Teams basically dare us to shoot outside, sometimes we hit em (like 1st game with Rice) but more often than not teams shut us off inside and we can't recover. It's a bad sign when Williams get his points from 3 and Boum has to take 15 or 20 jump shots and few free throws. Because almost assuredly we will give up a lot inside or allow teams to drive to the basket. Seen this show for 3 years now and we are so predictable, as a fan I see it and I'm pretty sure every coach we play see's it as well.
Every coach except Terry.

• Sad
Reactions: FeralFelidae
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT