ADVERTISEMENT

So your telling me theres a Chance

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
According to sports illustrated we still have an outside chance at an at large. Nice to hear, but I think we blew that chance by losing to W.Kentucky then Marshall

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/02/10/ncaa-tournament-bubble-teams-watch

UTEP is pretty much done as an at large. The losses that hurt UTEP are against NMSU, WKU and a critical game against Washington.

UTEP would need a solid, solid win against ODU on Saturday for the selection committee to even get a whiff of that sweet Creosote bush scent coming out of far west Texas.

I'm aware, I was just surprised to see us even on the bubble and in consideration on the sports illustrated site

103114-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Raj0.png

We probably have to win out until the championship game just to be "in the conversation".

1) I don't see us winning out.

2) "In the conversation" doesn't mean in.

UTEP is in a bad place with the city of El Paso. Used to be the only game in town and a hot ticket. Then it became a team that you would jump on the band wagon when they won and interest was still strong. Then it became a team that you would follow and go to an occasional game and we had a pretty casual fan base.

We are almost near the point where people just don't care anymore and have no idea if the team is good or bad or even still playing. That's not where you want to be because its a deep hole to get out of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT