ADVERTISEMENT

Something to get you pumped up for tonight

I hope we can win tonight... this win I think will get us some recognition.... especially with the upcoming schedule... but these are the games utep can never win... the games that can bring a lot of momentum to the program... we always seem to fall short hope I am completely wrong!

I think this is the game where our ridiculous schedule could hurt us. It Dec 3rd and we've only played 2 games both at home. I dont count the three d2 games the ncaa doesnt count them and they dont figure into the computer rankings. To only play two games for an entire month in not optimum to say the least.

I think this is the game where our ridiculous schedule could hurt us. It Dec 3rd and we've only played 2 games both at home. I dont count the three d2 games the ncaa doesnt count them and they dont figure into the computer rankings. To only play two games for an entire month in not optimum to say the least.
Well it's about to get hot and heavy against good D1 teams, so we'll see!

It might not be the worst thing for this team. Our players are getting some extra time to work out the kinks before we hit a tough stretch. If this was a team that had sufficient experience playing with each other, then I'd 100% agree

True but how do you build up confidence, chemistry and fine tune the offense? East Central had the top scorer in D2. That guy could easily start for any major program and speaking of lower divisions, while these schools don't attract overall talent they do get transfers and non qualifiers that could start for mid to upper level D1 programs. Many do not want to sit out a year so they jump down a division.

When people talk about Don Haskins win total they still include all of the wins over teams like Cardinal Stritch, Lubbock Christian, Tarleton State and Texas Wesleyan

When people talk about Don Haskins win total they still include all of the wins over teams like Cardinal Stritch, Lubbock Christian, Tarleton State and Texas Wesleyan

Um, are those not wins? Is this like a Rudy Colludi "wins are not wins" moment?

That was a different time. There are now over 340 d1 basketball programs. There is no reason to ever schedule three d2 schools. There is really no reason to schedule one. They are glorified exhibition games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT