ADVERTISEMENT

Sort of OT: If you have a better idea let’s see it….

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
….or if you see numbers that don’t look right shed light on it. Bashing the crap out of Senter and coaches everyday without any improvement in understanding of college athletics is on you. I have been privileged to know personnel in college (SI) athletics here and at a high major program and I read up when time allows. Some important UTEP boosters have given insight on here and they left. It was our loss, not theirs. I have been called out for picking on some on here who refuse to learn how or why things work and not the obvious of why tickets are not selling for game day. Typically the reasons are layered and go back years. College sports is highly organic in it’s management, right down to the “water boy/girl”. Being, as some on here have pointed out, a “key board warrior” just to gas light is fun from time to time because it’s a fan based forum, but to sow chaos on a hourly basis between two mutual fans who have a disagreement is mean and I include those who are actually true ticket holding fans

In conclusion, I don’t expect everyone to be a fan like Maniac who actually runs the numbers (he actually did this during Sadler days for his recruiting and shed light on the fact Sadler appeared to have no intent to build up the basketball team. To use a baseball term, his recruiting were just grounders, nothing long term and Maniac pointed that out as time left by current players and what was brought in did not indicate a longer term strategy. He left Barbee nothing. Barbee had to do a total rebuild). I don’t expect someone like Corona to actually make arrangements to get a bus for fans to go catch a game (he offered that a couple years ago). What I do expect on here by some is to see a progression in the understanding of a) Plays and strategy. The Spread vs RPO. 2-3 vs man to man. “Attacking the glass” vs “falling back”. b) Fan build up and financial strategy by the school. You all wanted a president/AD who was seen by folks at the games. Well, Wilson is out there shaking hands and doing push up’s with ROTC on the field. Senter is too but ya gotta hang with the big boosters/dignitaries longer. Senter did start a fan based advisory council. It has no teeth but better than the previous admin who only took out of town calls from his biggest boosters mostly. c) Actual apples to apples comparisons. How does SDSU turn it around in major revenue sports? d) History. “If you don’t know it, you’re doomed to fail.”. Taking advantage of fans good faith is not cool. We’re not happy with Dimel’s overall performance, but UTEP is going bowling (I expect a divisional challenge next year and bowl). But I will call out your faulty bad intent logic because it’s done to me and rightly so. Own your pendejadas. And for the admin on here: Get off your ass and put some insightful info on here. Your write ups are similar to others I have read. If you have permission that’s fine but put some meat on the bones, you don’t have a midnight deadline like most. There is app software where you just plug in the stats and it puts it all together and tracks progression.

Sorry, had to vent.

I think people often have a tendency of thinking they can do a better job of things than people who have been in a certain field or in a certain position for many years. I know I personally am guilty of that from time to time and so I have to remind myself that I am no athletic director nor have I worked in collegiate athletics in any capacity whatsoever. It’s impossible for any of us to truly know the depth of complications athletic departments face, especially at a school like UTEP with limited resources.

I made him go crazy. Not surprised.

Nobody on here gives a shit about what Fili thinks about free throw shooting. How dumb

No, I have come to the conclusion Miner fans and El Pasoans do not appreciate what they have at UTEP.
Please enlighten us as to what we should “appreciate” about UTEP, that Las Cruces, Albuquerque, Tucson, and Lubbock don’t “appreciate” about their local universities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT