ADVERTISEMENT

Speedy Recovery Terry

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I'll take the High Ground here. Terry wasn't on the bench, because of an allergic reaction. We don't know how bad it was, but I've had one and No Fun! Disappointed Miners lost the game, but hope he's back for sat and the Miners get a much needed split at least. It was a game of two halves. UTEP played well in the second, but had some late easy misses. They need to pull out the win Sat or things will not look good going forward.

Regardless of what happens Saturday, things do not look good going forward...
I would take exception to that. Things look great moving forward. We have much better players that we did last year or the year before that. We've already won more games this year than last. We're on the upswing. I'm still liking our chances in the tournament this year.

We all know it's tough to win on the road in conference. If you don't know, now you know. Haskins always looked for split on the road in conference so lets keep it real.

The sky is not falling.

I would take exception to that. Things look great moving forward. We have much better players that we did last year or the year before that. We've already won more games this year than last. We're on the upswing. I'm still liking our chances in the tournament this year.

We all know it's tough to win on the road in conference. If you don't know, now you know. Haskins always looked for split on the road in conference so lets keep it real.

The sky is not falling.

So we're making the NIT or NCAA Tournament this year?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
definitely could... losing one conference game doesn’t exclude you from those tournaments does it? Or is that a rule change ?

You didn't answer the question. Most don't think things are looking good moving forward. You truly believe they will make the NIT or NCAA Tournament? And "definitely could" isn't an answer. Anything can definitely happen, I'm just wondering if you truly believe what you are predicting.

You didn't answer the question. Most don't think things are looking good moving forward. You truly believe they will make the NIT or NCAA Tournament? And "definitely could" isn't an answer. Anything can definitely happen, I'm just wondering if you truly believe what you are predicting.

Why not? What if that’s his truest answer? I’m right there with him. I’ve seen moments of this team looking pretty good. I’ve seen them look like dog shit. Who knows what we’re gonna get come CUSA tourney time?

Reactions: develman
I’m calling this overreaction Thursday. So the head coach is out due to an allergic reaction. Has anyone ever seen anybody get a severe allergic reaction? It’s pretty darn scary and it sounds like he had a severe one. Was the team around? Because that sure can rattle someone. Also, first game since the Lathon transfer and playing an away game In the morning in The eastern time zone. And finally, playing a team we matched up well...just sayin...the sky is not falling. Terry built this team on a 2 year plan and us fans got too excited with their early success. Are they a tournament team...possibly. All we have to do is make the conference tournament and peak at the right time. As we all know, we’re a one bid conference and this conference is still wide open. Name me one team in this conference that looks like a tournament team right now? I can’t either. I like our chances right now. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Why not? What if that’s his truest answer? I’m right there with him. I’ve seen moments of this team looking pretty good. I’ve seen them look like dog shit. Who knows what we’re gonna get come CUSA tourney time?

No, because "definitely could" isn't an answer.

If you had to put money on them going to the NIT or NCAA Tournament, would you do it?

I’m calling this overreaction Thursday. So the head coach is out due to an allergic reaction. Has anyone ever seen anybody get a severe allergic reaction? It’s pretty darn scary and it sounds like he had a severe one. Was the team around? Because that sure can rattle someone. Also, first game since the Lathon transfer and playing an away game In the morning in The eastern time zone. And finally, playing a team we matched up well...just sayin...the sky is not falling. Terry built this team on a 2 year plan and us fans got too excited with their early success. Are they a tournament team...possibly. All we have to do is make the conference tournament and peak at the right time. As we all know, we’re a one bid conference and this conference is still wide open. Name me one team in this conference that looks like a tournament team right now? I can’t either. I like our chances right now. I’m cautiously optimistic.
True True

La tech? We’ve hade some losses but they lost to Sam Houston. They beat a Miss St team that NMSU also beat. They are definitely in the top of the conference but I don’t think their world beaters that we can’t beat. They also have had a pretty soft schedule. I like our chances against them.

La tech? We’ve hade some losses but they lost to Sam Houston. They beat a Miss St team that NMSU also beat. They are definitely in the top of the conference but I don’t think their world beaters that we can’t beat. They also have had a pretty soft schedule. I like our chances against them.

Soft schedule? They played @ Creighton, @ Indiana, and @ Mississippi State. We can't beat FIU, but you like our chances against LA Tech? What makes you think that?

They also lost to creighton and Indiana. Who have they beat? Look at the statement above regarding MISS ST.

I’ll take that bet. Since we can’t really deal in $ without an exchange of info, how about we go with that bet you had with unihorn about taking a year off from the board whoever loses. Since you say you’d put $ on them now, how about if they don’t win the CUSA tournament, you bolt for a year? If they do win, I bolt for a year.

I’m good for it. You?

Must’ve been their wins against NC central, Suno or La-la that impresses you. Don’t get me wrong, they will be in the top but I don’t see them as a tournament team like you do.

I’ll take that bet. Since we can’t really deal in $ without an exchange of info, how about we go with that bet you had with unihorn about taking a year off from the board whoever loses. Since you say you’d put $ on them now, how about if they don’t win the CUSA tournament, you bolt for a year? If they do win, I bolt for a year.

I’m good for it. You?

That's not how betting works. It wouldn't be an even bet. I would imagine the odds would be around 8/1 LA Tech winning the conference tournament. So if I bet $100 I would win $800. If you can make a better offer I'm all in.

They also lost to creighton and Indiana. Who have they beat? Look at the statement above regarding MISS ST.

You said they had a soft schedule. That's not true.

If you think UTEP will beat LA Tech that's completely fine and I hope they do. But I don't see it happening.

Ok, I’ll go away for 8 years if they win. There you go, 8/1.

But that doesn't help me. It doesn't matter to me if you go away for 8 years and I wouldn't "win" anything. Plus, I already made a similar bet on the NMSU bowl game when both teams were Aggies and I said the Aggies would win. And they said it wasn't fair. I didn't care either way because the bet was silly.

If you want to make a money wager I'm down. But betting on dumb things isn't fun.

Last edited:
This is a stupid bet. We all know how it ends. A new username and denial of ever having another username on here.

you stupid I didn’t bet shit on nmsu with you.

But that doesn't help me. It doesn't matter to me if you go away for 8 years and I wouldn't "win" anything. Plus, I already made a similar bet with corona on the NMSU bowl game and he cried after he lost and I didn't make him honor that bet.

If you want to make a money wager I'm down. But betting on dumb things isn't fun.

Nah, I don’t gamble with my $$$. I prefer betting on dumb things.

All I know is multiple posters have been on here talking about Utep’s easy November schedule and then December came and bam! Once you look at it, Utep had a much tougher schedule than la tech. We played some quality teams in December that brought us back to reality. We also had some quality wins. I’ll take who we beat over who LA Tech beat any day.

All I know is multiple posters have been on here talking about Utep’s easy November schedule and then December came and bam! Once you look at it, Utep had a much tougher schedule than la tech. We played some quality teams in December that brought us back to reality. We also had some quality wins. I’ll take who we beat over who LA Tech beat any day.

You're right! In December UTEP beat quality teams such as Arkansas Pine-Bluff, North Carolina A&T, UC Irvine, and Ball State.

I would rather beat an SEC team than those schools.

According to ab it does. One “racist” comment and you’re a racist for life. Isn’t that right?

I’m not sure, would have to ask him. If you said the “N word” in 1966, and 54 years pass, most people wouldn’t remember or care. If you said the same word last month, probably would still carry that label. Fair or not.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
According to ab it does. One “racist” comment and you’re a racist for life. Isn’t that right?

Nope, I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't for him being immature and calling me out with stupid things. That is the only reason I called him out. But of course he can dish it out, but can't it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT