ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football

utep-piggy

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2016
west texas
Any encouraging news coming from UTEP’s spring football? I’ve only seen one Dimel interview where he is singing the praises of Hardison’s progress the last couple of months. Other than Dimel’s interview, not a lot of news stories out there.

Any encouraging news coming from UTEP’s spring football? I’ve only seen one Dimel interview where he is singing the praises of Hardison’s progress the last couple of months. Other than Dimel’s interview, not a lot of news stories out there.

I was there on Monday. Not much to really say from day one. Hardison is still the same dude from what I saw (1Td and 1int). Probably go check it out again next Monday. We probably won't know much till April. A couple of things that did stand out was, Barnes had quite a few passes knocked down and an interception, the transfer Neil from Kansas State is not quite as good as I would have hoped. He got beat for a touchdown on a pretty routine play. Hopefully, that was just because he wasn't familiar with the defense yet.

Reactions: EMA884 and JCorona
I was there on Monday. Not much to really say from day one. Hardison is still the same dude from what I saw (1Td and 1int). Probably go check it out again next Monday. We probably won't know much till April. A couple of things that did stand out was, Barnes had quite a few passes knocked down and an interception, the transfer Neil from Kansas State is not quite as good as I would have hoped. He got beat for a touchdown on a pretty routine play. Hopefully, that was just because he wasn't familiar with the defense yet.
Unfortunately the vast majority of grad transfers never pan out. I guess there’s a reason why those guys weren’t playing at their former programs. But, it’s still early in Spring Ball, and you can’t write someone off because of one play.

Reactions: Taco1977
Unfortunately the vast majority of grad transfers never pan out. I guess there’s a reason why those guys weren’t playing at their former programs. But, it’s still early in Spring Ball, and you can’t write someone off because of one play.
In Neils case he played and started in a lot of games. He should be a good one but we will see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT