ADVERTISEMENT

Still a class act...message from Doc

For all the crap Doc got these last couple of days from everyone (myself included) I respect the fact that he congratulated Golding.
He's really one of a kind. We were at the CUSA Tournament in Frisco leaving the UTEP game. He was entering the arena for his game; spotted us with our Miner gear and went out of his way to rush over and greet us. Said he really appreciated seeing loyal fans and wished us well . Strictky class!!!
I always remember that incident then think about the cold shoulder that Barbee gave me when I greeted him. 180° opposites.

Last edited:
I always thought well of Doc Sadler. Good Xs and Os coach. He did a fair job at Nebraska, a football school that only has other sports to keep in shape for football. The main fault against him coming back to UTEP was his age. He'll probably be retiring in a few years and UTEP would be doing this all over again. I hope Golding, who is 15 years younger than Sadler, will be here for awhile. Look at our recent history with coaches. Gillespie 2 years. Sadler 2 years. Barbee 4 years. Floyd 7 years (3 years past his usefulness and his health.) Terry 3 years. If Golding can be a winning coach in the hunt for conference championships and NCAA wins in years 3 through 7, this will look like a great hire. Go Miners.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
There's always a chance, but someone pointed out in a different thread that Doc makes like $375k as an assistant at Nebraska...there's no way we would be able to offer anywhere near that here.

• Wow
Reactions: shyminer81
There's always a chance, but someone pointed out in a different thread that Doc makes like $375k as an assistant at Nebraska...there's no way we would be able to offer anywhere near that here.

Terry was making $750,000 before he gave back part of that for the Covid year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT