ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl Invitational Teams ...

Norfolk St isn't terrible either. They played in the CIT last season, losing at Eastern Kentucky.

Add Sam Houston State. I am really excited about these teams. Finally some good teams coming in. There is no easy win this year. Games are December 21 and 22. Sam Houston St. and UC Irvine will open play and UTEP will play Norfolk St. I am glad they are doing a Championship format again. Game are on Monday and Tuesday right before Christmas. Could hurt attendance a little.

Reactions: 66CHamps
To be honest, I like Sam Houston State. I realize it is not a big name but it could be good for attendance. I don't expect thousands of SHSU fans to flock to El Paso but maybe a couple hundred. A number of El Pasoans attended that school and might want to check out a game. It's not Texas or Baylor but it's good outside the box scheduling.

Reactions: 66CHamps
UC Irvine is a known name in basketball circles, but Norfolk State and Sam Houston State aren't. But all three teams had good seasons last year. This is the best lineup for won lost records in years. Hope it brings positive attention to the tournament. Go Miners.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
These are also the kind of teams we should be playing throughout the non-conference schedule instead of SWAC and other low major conference bottom feeders. Most years, UTEP will win these matchups anyway, and they are much better for our RPI.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
UC Irvine is a known name in basketball circles, but Norfolk State and Sam Houston State aren't. But all three teams had good seasons last year. This is the best lineup for won lost records in years. Hope it brings positive attention to the tournament. Go Miners.

Last season's field was pretty good with Kent St. (23 wins) and NDSU (23 wins + NCAA Tourney).

i think the teams are crappy... I rather have 1 big name and the rest to be crappy,.

How is UCI known in basketball circles? They made their first NCAA tournament this past season. Are they regularly ranked in some Top 25 I don't know about? Are they unbeatable at home? What major teams have they recently beat?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT