Rebounds3135
Offensive Rebounds910
Defensive Rebounds2225
Assists915
Steals66
Blocks11
Total Turnovers1411
Fouls1817

How do we not block out the free throw shooter?
The ball literally bounced straight back to him, over all the other players. If you pressed the pause button right when the ball hit the rim, and then hit rewind with the ball landing back in his hands, that's what it looked like. I've never seen a free throw bounce quite like that.

It wasn't a case of being out-hustled.

I realized late that McKinney barely played if at all in the second half. Anyone else notice that?

McKinney left the 1st half after grabing his back leg and limping. Looks like a tendon issue. He missed a shot and then pulled out lame coming down the court.

He is a high energy guy and has more one and one skills than most on this team. Seems we can't catch a break (we spend last year with many out and now this cycle is repeating itself).

Going to have to play at a much higher level to beat Kent. Looks to be a battle of defense and a war of attrition with a lot of defense. If the miners can pull this off will set the tone for conference play and may signal we are going to be in the hunt conference wise. Lose and we look to be a middle of the pack team again. I really want to see this team elevate it's play for a big game, which we haven't really seen.

Lil train, I don't know if you remember, but in our pre-season analysis of the players we agreed that it was not good that our point guard (Givance) only shoots 60 something %
from the line when he is prime fouling target at crunch time. Well; he is now at 79+% and leads the team.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Lil train, I don't know if you remember, but in our pre-season analysis of the players we agreed that it was not good that our point guard (Givance) only shoots 60 something %
from the line when he is prime fouling target at crunch time. Well; he is now at 79+% and leads the team.
Yes 1liner, it is definitely good to see Givance step up from the line. I thought his performance in the second half yesterday in leading the team, and not just his scoring, was a big key in the victory. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of him bringing some consistency to that position.

Yes 1liner, it is definitely good to see Givance step up from the line. I thought his performance in the second half yesterday in leading the team, and not just his scoring, was a big key in the victory. Hopefully, this is just the beginning of him bringing some consistency to that position.
Interesting that he really came alive without Mckinney on the floor.

NMSU not having any trouble scoring. Game going about the way I thought it would. We're going to have play at a level that we've not seen yet to even be competitive with Kent. I'm afraid we'll get embarrassed. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't get why the fans stand for defense but don't clap or chant for defense like the old days. Kind of weird just standing and not doing anything until the opponent scores.....When did this happen? I haven't been to a game in years and don't remember this...

I don't get why the fans stand for defense but don't clap or chant for defense like the old days. Kind of weird just standing and not doing anything until the opponent scores.....When did this happen? I haven't been to a game in years and don't remember this...
I've said it many times, we have been so bad for so long that people forgot how to watch basketball in EP

Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT