ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl renovations

I don't? You're a bandwagon fan. You just stated: " I will attend at least 1 basketball game this year. Maybe more, could be zero." and "I haven’t been to any football games this season or last though."

EP, take it easy, brother. Last UTEP game I went to was the NM bowl game two years ago. Most fans of *all* schools could be called "bandwagon" fans. The more the team(s) suck the fewer we fans show up to games.

Granted that at least in my case I don't live in EP. But EP peeps will show up when the teams play well. Football or basketball. Play well and the fans show up. Suck and we find something else to do with our very precious time.

Reactions: develman
EP, take it easy, brother. Last UTEP game I went to was the NM bowl game two years ago. Most fans of *all* schools could be called "bandwagon" fans. The more the team(s) suck the fewer we fans show up to games.

Granted that at least in my case I don't live in EP. But EP peeps will show up when the teams play well. Football or basketball. Play well and the fans show up. Suck and we find something else to do with our very precious time.

You have an excuse because you don't live in El Paso. All @NoNCAAWinsSince1992 does is bitch and moan about everything.

Most fans of *all* schools could be called "bandwagon" fans.

There are around 4,000 loyal basketball and 10,000 football fans.

I go to the games, wins or lose. If you just show up with your team is winning, then that makes you a bandwagon fan.

They didn’t paint the crumbling blue endzones this year. Hopefully they are upgrading the cracked concrete.
They used to have a rubber warning track for years and Stull removed it when the seating was removed in sections 1, 9, 18, 25.

Walden mentioned during the press conference that they're getting a locker room upgrade soon. I wonder when that is expected to get going. Does anyone know anything?

Reactions: FarWestTexas

LED Stadium Lighting Cost

• The cost to install a new LED lighting system for a stadium in most cases ranges from $120,000 – $880,000 for a mid-to-high-end LED floodlighting system. In the end, LED sports lighting costs vary depending on the sport, the level of competition, field size and product quality, as well as regional price differences.
  • Many times lighting systems are installed or upgraded as part of a larger project, such as the construction of an artificial turf field. Therefore the best practice approach is to calculate the cost of LED stadium lighting at an early stage to make sure the project stays within budget. Depending on the stadium’s size, the competition level, and the sport in question, an LED retrofit for an existing stadium lighting system can cost you anywhere from $95,000 to $440,000.
  • The upfront costs of installing an LED stadium lighting system may seem high at first, but thanks to the significant cost savings in utility bills and maintenance, the investment pays itself back quickly. On average you’ll save 50% – 75% in electricity consumption compared to a metal halide lighting system, you won’t need to replace light bulbs and the LED fixtures last approximately five times longer.

Tennis court lights installation cost​

Many tennis center operators have been installing modern LED systems in recent years. The cost of installing LED tennis court lighting ranges between $30,200 and $233,200 per court, depending on product quality, the necessary brightness of the floodlights and geographical differences. Further down we explain in detail what influences the the final price of a tennis lighting installation project.

LED retrofit cost for tennis court lighting​

Upgrading to LED lighting by converting your existing HID lighting system is a more simple and less costly project since you can make use of some of the existing lighting infrastructure. Conversion to LEDs is done either by replacing the old lighting fixtures with LED fixtures or retrofitting LED lamps only. The cost to retrofit an HID tennis lighting system with LEDs ranges between $16,400 and $44,600 per court.

Basketball court lighting design and cost guide​

basketball court lighting

LED lighting for basketball courts has overtaken traditional HID lighting systems (for ex. metal halide) thanks to the various benefits the new technology offers. The quality and uniformity of lighting improve the playing and viewing experience for players and spectators alike. The energy efficiency and cost savings that LED basketball court lighting offers make it a no-brainer for any sports facility operator planning to install new lights or retrofit an existing system with LEDs.
In general, for basketball court lighting installation projects, you can expect a price range of around $22,000 to $188,000. There are many factors that influence the final price which is why the price range is quite wide. To get a customized cost estimate for your lighting project, jump to our basketball court lighting cost calculator.

Cost to install LED lights for a softball field​

Depending on the size and competition level of the ballpark, the installation costs of a new softball LED lighting system will be between $135,000 – $350,000. This range includes the cost of site preparation work (excavation, cabling, etc) that may need to be done beforehand.
Second, they include the labor costs of putting up the light poles and then installing and wiring the LED lights. Finally, we also have to account for the cost of hours spent on creating and executing the design: calculating the system’s requirements and then aligning the installed lights to ensure everything works as planned. There are multiple grants and incentives available at the federal, state, and local levels to help you fund the installation of a new LED lighting system.
If you already have all the specs for your softball field and you just want a cost estimate for the lighting system, try our LED softball field lighting cost calculator.
Softball field lighting new installation costCost range
Softball LED Sports Lighting System, Poles, Control system$94,500 - $245,000
Installation of poles$20,250 - $52,500
Installation of fixtures$10,125 - $26,250
Wiring from contactors to poles$6,750 - $17,500
Structural engineering$3,375 - $9,000
Total$135,000 - $350,000

Cost of a LED retrofit for a softball lighting system​

When upgrading from metal halide or HPS lighting systems to LED lights, you will not need to do as much prep work during the installation phase. Therefore, you won’t need to take into account the hours and money on installing the foundations for the light poles and the conduits for the electrical system. You can probably even use the same light poles, which further reduces the cost of conversion to LED lighting. The most important decision to make is whether to only switch the lamps to LED by retrofitting or replacing some or all of the existing lighting infrastructure to a new LED system. On average an LED retrofitting project for a softball field will set you back around $55,000 – $165,000 depending on the level of competition, required brightness level and the quality of the LED lighting fixtures.

I think what UTEP could really use is a Multipurpose Cultural and Performing Arts Barn. Hear me out. The football team would have it's indoor, outdoor, underground practice facility and on off days they could host events like the Monsters of Tejano tour with the proceeds going to the football NIL. It's an idea whose time may have passed.

I think every “ newcomer” should be issued a pick axe and shovel. One hour hard labor. We will have a very big hole .

In early February, the new $8 million Outdoor Tennis Complex opened at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

The new facility will host the 2024 CUSA Men's Tennis Championships April 20-21.

This new state of the art facility will serve as the on-campus home of MTSU's men's and women's tennis programs, featuring new locker rooms, spectator facilities for 250 Blue Raiders fans, eight state of the art tennis courts and new coaches' offices, among many other amenities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT