ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Projections after six weeks:

SI:
Hyundai Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas (2 p.m. ET, CBS)
ACC vs. Pac-12
Boston College vs. Washington State

ESPN:
Hyundai Sun Bowl

Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, Texas
Dec. 31, 2 p.m. (CBS)

Bonagura: USC vs. Duke
Sherman: Virginia Tech vs. Washington State

It's always drama when the LA teams end up in the Sun Bowl. Bad write ups in their student newspapers, bad tweets from their fans and players. I always hope we skip them.

It's always drama when the LA teams end up in the Sun Bowl. Bad write ups in their student newspapers, bad tweets from their fans and players. I always hope we skip them.
The thing is when they come, they stay, they party=$$$

Don't think University of Spoiled Children (USC) will ever get another invite. After what happened the last time they were here, left a sour taste in the mouths of Sunbowl Execs.
They tweeted and spoke bad about having to come to EP. Showed up late for scheduled functions put on my Committee, failed to participate in activities and just had a go out and do whatever attitude.

Don't think University of Spoiled Children (USC) will ever get another invite. After what happened the last time they were here, left a sour taste in the mouths of Sunbowl Execs.
They tweeted and spoke bad about having to come to EP. Showed up late for scheduled functions put on my Committee, failed to participate in activities and just had a go out and do whatever attitude.
Hot cheerleaders though.

Please not Miami or USC again. I'm sick and tired of those two. They have no appreciation of the Sun Bowl or El Paso.

Colorado would be great for the El Paso connection. I'd like to see Boston College or Pitt as well.

Reactions: unihorn
While I think it would be cool to have a hometown kid come back home and shine, I don't believe Colorado will sell out the Sun Bowl. "IF" they come and it sells out, I sure hope like hell everyone in the state of Colorado comes down. Most likely it would be us locals that fill it up, and that defeats the purpose of the Sun Bowl. It's to bring people into El Paso, spend their out of town money, enjoy themselves, and come back to see us again. (hence the rental car tax to improve the payouts)
That being said, Colorado probably gives us the best chance to bring in visitors.

Bernie Olivas should be fired. He has done a crap job.

Khalid as the halftime show would bring in the young people big time.

UgFvlx9.jpg

Colorado all of the sudden is no lock for six wins. They will be dogs against utah wazzu and CAL. Arizona looked like an easy game but Sumlin has them better as of late. If they dont beat the cats they ain't getting to 6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT