ADVERTISEMENT

Surprised?

Dec 18, 2010
Not really...disappointed, hell ya. But this is a mediocre team, probably overrated at the beginning of the season. As the season wore on, I couldn't help but see this version of the miners as a mid level team in a WEAK conference. Sorry but the future IMO is bleak. I really cant see Floyd hanging in there much longer. But the sad part is he gets to stay as long as he wants to stay. Oh well.

Very, very surprised. And I bet every coach around the league will be surprised at the score too. We do not have a mediocre team talent wise. The problem is their play has been mediocre too often this year. Frankly yes, surprised.

CUSA is the 17th rated conference in the RPI

And we still struggle every single god #amn game! WTF! We need new leadership! These seniors are a sad waste. WTF have they accomplished in 4 seasons?! NADA What have the coaches done to improve their skills? Other than Lang, NADA. What are our chances of getting into a better conference? NADA. Our dumb school "leadership" (stull and natalicio) already messed that up! Oh yeah, let's wait for SMU and UH to decide our conference future instead of being proactive! What a brilliant idea!

This post was edited on 2/28 9:26 PM by East Coast Miner Fan

Miner661 - did you watch/listen to the game? You say they quit, I'm trying to get one person to respond as to what happened/how they went from 24 up to losing...........I was just able to follow on Gamecast and you can't always get a really good feel/flow for the game that way...

I'm not too sure about the talent level....Other than Hunter (and he seems to be off lately), I don't believe the talent level is as high I as thought it would be. Floyd sings their praises but really, I don't see it at least from an offensive (i.e., take a game over and score) standpoint.

Originally posted by Pony10:
Miner661 - did you watch/listen to the game? You say they quit, I'm trying to get one person to respond as to what happened/how they went from 24 up to losing...........I was just able to follow on Gamecast and you can't always get a really good feel/flow for the game that way...
This is my perception from the radio call. Ced fouled out in the second half with what they made seem like were lazy fouls. It seemed like ced was done and wanted out of the game. When ced fouled out the wheels fell off and it seemed like the guys quit but its hard to tell from a radio broadcast. However, the turning point definitely came when ced fouled out.

I listened to Teicher tonight. He called the meltdown at the 7:00+ mark. They couldn't rebound; they gave up a lot of 2nd chance opportunities; they allowed USM to dictate the pace; they went laaaaazy on defense; missed FT's (of course); Lang fouled out and Morris went cold (he shot really well most of the game) and NOBODY stepped up. JWash? Who? I was yelling at my smart TV (listening on TuneIn) at the top of my lungs. It was dumbfounding. Teicher was going apeshit. So was I.

About 5:00 minutes. The wheels came off long before then.

And yes, they headed for the bus with 12:00 left in the game. Like I said in another post, they had what seemed like 5 turnovers in a row with about 10:00 left. Just stupid turnovers that told you they checked out. Stepping out of bounds. Throwing lob, cross court passes that I could have picked off. Dribbling it off the foot. Just absolutely embarrassing.

So, sounds like Morris was just hot and made the score appear like all was good, when apparently once he went cold and Lang fouled out, the truth was revealed about the overall team effort tonight - disappointing - not sure what to think or who to blame at this point, something needs to change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT