ADVERTISEMENT

Tavorus Jones from Burgess

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Just got an offer from Texas, and I think had one from SMU. Never seen him play. Anyone know anything about him?

6-0, 180 RB-CB at Burges is currently a JR. Has speed to burn and great hands, likely too small for a RB at college level but could be a great receiver or wide out. He and Dumas at Americas are likely most recruited players in the area.

Reactions: unihorn
Which HS is producing the most d1 talent? It has to be my old stomping grounds. Americas.

He does it all for Burges, just a sophomore didn’t put up huge numbers but they used at QB, RB and WR and he can ball. Rutledge head coach of Burges has been raving about the kids since he was a frost. He posted his best numbers at WR last year but literally can play any position and has so much room to grow, he might be best fit as a RB or slot WR at the FBS level, or even at corner or safety he’s that good. I remember him out leaping cats for rebounds as a freshman on varsity with ease he’s a specimen, his freshman football film from the Freshman team he is something to watch, he’s a legit talent. Again, this is a big issue for me in regards to Dimel he still hasn’t offered Aaron Dumas and Texas is the first to offer Jones who is the next big prospect. Wake up Dimel or get out of town...

likely too small for a RB at college level but could be a great receiver or wide out.
If he's too small for a RB, then he's definitely too small for receiver, unless he plays a slot role like Cole Beasley. But receivers are usually over 6 ft. You want them to be tall for those deep throws. He could definitely play CB if he has speed but lacks height.

But there is a place for really fast, but small, RBs. Garrett Wolfe from Northern Illinois is 5 ft 7 and he was drafted by the Bears and played a few seasons. UTEP's own Howard Jackson was in the same mold; at 5 ft 9 and 160 lbs, I doubt you'll find many here who would say he was too small to play RB. They're the type of player who, if they squeeze through the line, they're gone for a touchdown.

If he's too small for a RB, then he's definitely too small for receiver, unless he plays a slot role like Cole Beasley. But receivers are usually over 6 ft. You want them to be tall for those deep throws. He could definitely play CB if he has speed but lacks height.

But there is a place for really fast, but small, RBs. Garrett Wolfe from Northern Illinois is 5 ft 7 and he was drafted by the Bears and played a few seasons. UTEP's own Howard Jackson was in the same mold; at 5 ft 9 and 160 lbs, I doubt you'll find many here who would say he was too small to play RB. They're the type of player who, if they squeeze through the line, they're gone for a touchdown.
I think he is probably bigger than AJ coming out of Burges

If i was him I would just commit to Bama. Does it get any bigger than that?? SEC ?? Maybe he is waiting for LSU or Clemson??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT