ADVERTISEMENT

Texas has $5 basketball tickets

HoneyBoy95

Rookie
Dec 1, 2018
www.picksup.org

You can go see Grand Canyon, Providence, or UT-Arlington starting for $5. West Virginia and Texas Tech tickets start at $10.

This Sunday, UTEP is playing UC-Riverside, during a Cowboys game, for $8 get in price. Why does Senter and the department think we’re idiots? Why would they schedule a game versus the Cowboys? They couldn’t have played on Saturday or Monday? It’s not like UC-Riverside is a special attraction.

Reactions: John 100

You can go see Grand Canyon, Providence, or UT-Arlington starting for $5. West Virginia and Texas Tech tickets start at $10.

This Sunday, UTEP is playing UC-Riverside, during a Cowboys game, for $8 get in price. Why does Senter and the department think we’re idiots? Why would they schedule a game versus the Cowboys? They couldn’t have played on Saturday or Monday? It’s not like UC-Riverside is a special attraction.

Texas can do that because they will average more than 12,000 for big 12 games.

UC-Riverside is about as attractive a matchup as any body on our C-USA schedule. 8 dollars is plenty cheap. A three dollar drop wont get anyone extra into the game.

For years we've all seen the cliff coming in regards to basketball attendance. Most of the season ticket base is over 65 and they are dying off. Younger fans arent replacing them. This year we probably will be under 5,000 avg for the first time. Basketball is hard to market in a one bid league. I think Terry will win here and be off to greener pastures but I'm not sure winning alone will bring back the fans.

Texas averaged under 11k last year

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2019/Attendance.pdf

UC Riverside is as attractive as any CUSA opponent? Are you serious? I hate CUSA, but they’re all more “attractive” than Riverside.

The $3 difference isn’t the issue. It’s the principle. You can see Texas play Providence for $5. Meanwhile, Senter and UTEP do nothing about anything and still EXPECT UTEP fans to pay $8 to see a bad UTEP team play an even worse UC-Riverside team.

Do you like being charged more to see an inferior product?

Texas averaged under 11k last year

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2019/Attendance.pdf

UC Riverside is as attractive as any CUSA opponent? Are you serious? I hate CUSA, but they’re all more “attractive” than Riverside.

The $3 difference isn’t the issue. It’s the principle. You can see Texas play Providence for $5. Meanwhile, Senter and UTEP do nothing about anything and still EXPECT UTEP fans to pay $8 to see a bad UTEP team play an even worse UC-Riverside team.

Do you like being charged more to see an inferior product?

I honestly think tickets are too cheap now. Drip the price run off the coorporate and individual buyers who buy the premium seats. Those are the lifeblood of any program.

It sounds harsh but I could care less if average joe complains about ticket prices.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I honestly think tickets are too cheap now. Drip the price run off the coorporate and individual buyers who buy the premium seats. Those are the lifeblood of any program.

It sounds harsh but I could care less if average joe complains about ticket prices.

Ok. Well, you should try and work for Prada or Burberry then. Hope you don’t live in El Paso.

New name on the board.....same old posts over and over again. YAAAAWN.

Please keep it on topic. I saw you accused other posters of being “trolls”, so it looks like you like my posts. Keep mentioning me and always bringing it up. Unless you want to discuss basketball ticket prices, move along to all the other threads where you constantly bring up troll posters.

No it won't. A lot of those people buy them for a tax write off.

Please keep it on topic. I saw you accused other posters of being “trolls”, so it looks like you like my posts. Keep mentioning me and always bringing it up. Unless you want to discuss basketball ticket prices, move along to all the other threads where you constantly bring up troll posters.
Oh wow you changed it up a bit. I am surprised you haven't posted one of your same old boring analogies comparing the $8 UTEP tickets to UT's $5.
"If you owned a business and a rival business was charging $3 less...blah blah blah blah"
If you were a CEO and blah blah blah" etc....

Imagine if you were a music artist and were touring the country. Your manager goes up to you and says, attendance has been declining, year after year. Your response would be “Raise ticket prices, I don’t want average people hearing my music. I only want the elite hearing my shit”

How do you think that would work?

Oh wow you changed it up a bit. I am surprised you haven't posted one of your same old boring analogies comparing the $8 UTEP tickets to UT's $5.
"If you owned a business and a rival business was charging $3 less...blah blah blah blah"
If you were a CEO and blah blah blah" etc....

Just posted one for you. Enjoy!

Sorry that some of you make excuses for everything and just expect things to magically take care of themselves. That’s why UTEP has gone 51/26 without great victories.

I am sorry but i dont agree with you... utep right now is not a bad basketball team.... they are a young team thats had a hard schedule....that is getting better each game

Imagine if you were a music artist and were touring the country. Your manager goes up to you and says, attendance has been declining, year after year. Your response would be “Raise ticket prices, I don’t want average people hearing my music. I only want the elite hearing my shit”

How do you think that would work?

A hell of alot better than lowering ticket prices.You'll never win a race to the bottom. You make better music and sell yourself like a big time act. Otherwise you'll be playing carnivals and crappy bars the rest of your life and making less and less money.

A hell of alot better than lowering ticket prices.You'll never win a race to the bottom. You make better music and sell yourself like a big time act. Otherwise you'll be playing carnivals and crappy bars the rest of your life and making less and less money.

Your'e right, because UTEP is a better team than Texas. :rolleyes:

Reactions: HoneyBoy95

They could not have played on Saturday because of graduation at the Haskins Center. If they pushed it back to Monday then UTEP would be playing 3 games in six days, which would be tough on them because of the number of players. In addition to that UC Riverside has a game on Wednesday, so that would not be smart for them to play here, travel the next day followed by a game. That is why the game is on Sunday. If they keep lowering ticket prices then I would have no reason to buy season tickets. What I would like UTEP to do is offer smaller packages of tickets. After season tickets are sold they could offer a CUSA package which would allow people to pick their seats for every conference game yet not have to spend as much as the full season ticket price. They could also offer a Saturday Night Special for every Saturday game.

Reactions: unihorn
They just played 3 games in 7 days and 4 games in 10 days, but 3 games in 6 days, all at home is too tough? Do they plan on forfeiting the CUSA tournament, as they would have to play 3 games in 3 days???

Is UC Riverside the only D1 team willing to play here this weekend? If you were AD, would you schedule a game while the Cowboys are playing?

UTEP does offer mini packs, it’s on Ticketmaster. Of course you would not know this, because they don’t advertise it and the prices are the same as if you bought them individually. Wow, what a great deal!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT