ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech football will play at UTEP in 2029

Awaiting 2029

22392597_web1_L1-Pac12-No-Football-EDH-200812.jpg

That's according to a tweet from Bloomquist. So the cancelled game from last year is rescheduled.
We already have a game scheduled at Texas that year. But with the SEC expanding to 16 teams, I expect the conference to go with a 9-game conference schedule. If that happens, then its members will have to drop one scheduled non-conference game. Would Texas drop UTEP from its schedule? Time will tell.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
We already have a game scheduled at Texas that year. But with the SEC expanding to 16 teams, I expect the conference to go with a 9-game conference schedule. If that happens, then its members will have to drop one scheduled non-conference game. Would Texas drop UTEP from its schedule? Time will tell.
They may want to keep that game since they will have a grueling sec schedule.

UTEP should rethink the type of school they schedule for money games anyway. Instead of games at Texas maybe at Purdue or Illinois would be better.

First time meeting as good schools.

Apparently Texas has an agreement with Tech on 20 year scheduling agreement (political pressure). I look for the games with UTSA and UTEP to be cut out to make room.

They may want to keep that game since they will have a grueling sec schedule.

UTEP should rethink the type of school they schedule for money games anyway. Instead of games at Texas maybe at Purdue or Illinois would be better.
UTEP has some games against Arizona and Nebraska on the schedule. Those programs have some problems right now, so UTEP would have a fighting chance if they played now, but with our luck, they'll have everything sorted out by the time UTEP gets to play them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT