ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS TECH

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Just watched them completely dominate No. 1 Louisville. Led pretty much the whole way. Impressive indeed. Looks like they will be there again at the end of the season.
Congrats to them.
Extremely well coached showing great discipline with their ball movement and shot selection. Play gritty "D" and they continue to be without their leading scorer.

Last edited:
They probably won’t finish in the top 4 in big 12 .... league is brutal this year !!

Kansas and Baylor are that’s two and Texas and West Virginia we playing pretty good now... it’s all about what team gets hot in conference play... but honestly for sure Kansas and Baylor

Texas tech had just lost 3 in a row to Iowa Creighton and DePaul.... before beating Louisville.....

All those are really good teams. I think Texas Tech will finish top four, ahead of either Texas or West Virginia.

Kansas and Baylor are that’s two and Texas and West Virginia we playing pretty good now... it’s all about what team gets hot in conference play... but honestly for sure Kansas and Baylor

Texas tech had just lost 3 in a row to Iowa Creighton and DePaul.... before beating Louisville.....
They have been missing their leading scorer the last 4 games (Ramsey). They beat Louisville without him too. Just goes to show the parody in mens NCAA basketball. Gives me hope for the miners!

Let’s continue keeping tabs on a team we beat in a fake game! They’re beating the #1 team in the country and we’re struggling with Pine Bluff!

Let’s continue keeping tabs on a team we beat in a fake game! They’re beating the #1 team in the country and we’re struggling with Pine Bluff!
They already beat them. Sheesh dude I wonder what you would say if we we’re 1-6 and TT had mopped the floor with us.

What’s wrong with the team showing it’s potential against a good opponent and being fans that are excited about this teams potential ?

What’s wrong with the team showing it’s potential against a good opponent and being fans that are excited about this teams potential ?

Fake game. The potential has subsided a bit though. Struggling versus Pine Bluff and losing to a depleted NMSU team. Let’s win the Sun Bowl tournament and beat Houston.

That fake games show us and does more for the growth of the program than a real game against a d3 team.

That fake games show us and does more for the growth of the program than a real game against a d3 team.

We played D2 teams. Still a fake game that won’t be taken into consideration of seeding if they make the NCAAs. Maybe a better game than the D2 games, but I would say that the Miners performance in the real games tells us more about who they are; than the fake game vs Tech does.

We played D2 teams. Still a fake game that won’t be taken into consideration of seeding if they make the NCAAs. Maybe a better game than the D2 games, but I would say that the Miners performance in the real games tells us more about who they are; than the fake game vs Tech does.
And neither will the D2 games.

I don’t agree with your second part. Terry obviously doesn’t play his full strength squad in the D2 games like he did against TT. So they don’t tell us much. It’s hard to gauge how good you are or aren’t when they’re blowing out the other team by 20 points.

It's more gratifying, sensible and enjoyable to follow a team through an entire season (start to finish, regardless of the quality of the opponents) evaluating their progress than to reserve your evaluation until the season ends. Some " so-called" fans who chose to knock down any kind of success each game and preach doom and gloom instead are not fans at all. Their happiness comes from pissing off real fans

And neither will the D2 games.

I don’t agree with your second part. Terry obviously doesn’t play his full strength squad in the D2 games like he did against TT. So they don’t tell us much. It’s hard to gauge how good you are or aren’t when they’re blowing out the other team by 20 points.

I never said the D2 games did, but they count in the record book. The game versus Tech will never be acknowledged by any official record, much like the Globetrotters game.

As for your second statement, what about the Pine Bluff game?

I never said the D2 games did, but they count in the record book. The game versus Tech will never be acknowledged by any official record, much like the Globetrotters game.

As for your second statement, what about the Pine Bluff game?
Who cares if it counts? The experience and confidence they gained from playing a scrimmage against the runners up is more valuable than some stupid official record in a history book.

I’m not worried about a nine point win. A game with an experimental roster doesn’t break or make the season. MTSU Lost a conference game to a UTEP team that was ranked in the 350s. That didn’t derail their season or stop them from winning cusa regular season, cusa tournament, and an ncaa game.

Yeap Terry is a hot name right now. After winning 8 games last season, beating UAPB by 9 points, and a bunch of D2 schools this year, schools like Texas are surely taking notice!
Why don't you email Beard yourself for your opinion on Terry? He is on public record of how he feel about this team, this year.

Second, why are you back on here if UTEP is not so good? You seem so taken by how we feel about the program, why? No one else in this great country cares how we feel, but you do?

Why don't you email Beard yourself for your opinion on Terry? He is on public record of how he feel about this team, this year.

Second, why are you back on here if UTEP is not so good? You seem so taken by how we feel about the program, why? No one else in this great country cares how we feel, but you do?

A major basketball coach is going to answer an in season email from a non-Tech fan about his opinion on the UTEP coach? Are you insane?

He might be on “public record”, but can you name a coach that publicly said the opposing coach of a charity basketball game was shitty? I will wait for your response.

I am a UTEP fan, just making sure your comments are realistic. Comments like Terry will be the next coach of UT right now, is ****ing stupid. He hasn’t accomplished anything here and he made 1 NCAA at Fresno. You think UT is going to open a new arena with a coach like that? If he makes a Sweet 16 at the end of the season, then that’s possible. Right now though, totally insane.

I bet you would have said the same thing about Gillespie going to Texas A&M. He started 6-1 his second season but had an overall record of 12-25. Huh Terry is 6-1 and has an overall record of 14-22 at UTEP. At that point Gillespie’s only notable wins were against NMSU and Houston, who both finished with a losing record. You’re right that has never happened here at UTEP. Excuse us.

Reactions: picks up
At this point in Gillespie’s 2nd season, yes. End of the season, different story. Plus, UT isn’t hiring another black coach if Shaka gets fired. Their next coach will be white.

Wtf? You’re full of shit.

If Shaka has a crap season, he might get fired. Couldn’t tell you, because I am not a fan. But I will tell you that they’re not replacing a black coach with another black coach. Not happening. Check back in March and see how Shaka is doing. No reason to believe Terry is going anywhere right now.

Can you name a university that has publicly said their next coach won’t be black? I will wait for your response.

Of course Texas Tech game didn't count. It was a scrimmage.

But it reminded me a whole lot of Gillespie's team beating the Harlem Globetrotters.

Anyone in attendance knew, hey, this team is going to be good.
It was a moment when fans knew our program was getting back on the winning track.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT