ADVERTISEMENT

The 5 players we need to stay

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
To have a decent 1st season with Golding, I think we need this cute to stay. Boum, Kennedy, Agnew, Bieniemy, Onyema. I assume Williams is leaving and going pro, but that'd be awesome if he somehow surprised everyone. So keep those 5 add 2-3 quality D-1 or JC Transfers that can play right away and might field a decent team. I remember Gillespie's first year after Rab, that cupboard was bare with Omar Duran, good friend by the way running the team, but not a very talented squad.

To have a decent 1st season with Golding, I think we need this cute to stay. Boum, Kennedy, Agnew, Bieniemy, Onyema. I assume Williams is leaving and going pro, but that'd be awesome if he somehow surprised everyone. So keep those 5 add 2-3 quality D-1 or JC Transfers that can play right away and might field a decent team. I remember Gillespie's first year after Rab, that cupboard was bare with Omar Duran, good friend by the way running the team, but not a very talented squad.
I'd say most fans here are giving Golding a pass this coming season. That being said, let him clean house as he sees fit. That way he can begin rebuilding the program in his own image.

I think Golding needs to try and get Fisher signed and then go after another big pretty quick. We really need some depth up front.

These are anxious times for our new coach trying to gather and assemble a competitive roster. He has a ton of schollys to use, but can he still find worthy talent with which to award them? He also might have access to a couple of his ACU guys who entered the portal and he could want to see if Tydus would change his mind. Gonna be a challenge for him with the empty locker room.
Hopefully he's got some secrets hidden away out there.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
These are anxious times for our new coach trying to gather and assemble a competitive roster. He has a ton of schollys to use, but can he still find worthy talent with which to award them? He also might have access to a couple of his ACU guys who entered the portal and he could want to see if Tydus would change his mind. Gonna be a challenge for him with the empty locker room.

In the fundraiser guide from the Miner Athletic Club, Bryson was a big part of it. I think he enjoys being at UTEP. Doesnt mean he'll stay but I'm glad he enjoyed his time here. Katia was also over the program as well.

Reactions: axingfools1
One of the ACU guys went to Wichita State.

Not sure why Tydus left. He was a starter and a very good defender. I can't see him moving up to a P5. Maybe he wants to be closer to his mother.

Depending on who is still available in the transfer portal, and who he can get, Golding may save some of his schollies until he has a full cycle to recruit. Otherwise they are gonna be burned on some sub DI level recruits that we’ll be stuck with. For that reason, I don’t see immediate success in the w-l column.

One of the ACU guys went to Wichita State.

Not sure why Tydus left. He was a starter and a very good defender. I can't see him moving up to a P5. Maybe he wants to be closer to his mother.
Seems like Tydus is a Golden kinda player who would fit right in

Reactions: axingfools1
In the fundraiser guide from the Miner Athletic Club, Bryson was a big part of it. I think he enjoys being at UTEP. Doesnt mean he'll stay but I'm glad he enjoyed his time here. Katia was also over the program as well.
Anyone have a daughter over 18 that they can loan to the Utep Program? Maybe she can swoon Williams into staying another year! I'd take one for the team, but my daughter's married lol 🤣 I'm kidding of course, but that'd make an Awesome Spring if we lose Terry, gain Golding and get Williams back and some transfers I'll be pretty happy 😁

Reactions: miner1liner
If Golding is Mr Work Ethic and loves hard work then he needs to bring Efe back too because that is what he is as well and have him work those legs like he has to pull a 737.

This is exactly how I feel about Boum. I've never coached basketball (only football, baseball and soccer) but I would take Agnew over Boum.
I’d take Boum’s offense but Agnew’s defense. Seeing as how Golding is a defense first guy, if a choice between the two had to be made, Agnew might be the better fit. He seems to be way less about himself than Boum, that’s for sure.

Golding's first job is to sale these 5, give a good pitch to Williams on coming back one more year to improve his professional career. I don't know that he can bring back any of the players that have already entered the portal. I say concentrate on the ones still here. Then you know what needs are necessary and go pick up some transfers.

This is exactly how I feel about Boum. I've never coached basketball (only football, baseball and soccer) but I would take Agnew over Boum.

Oh, Boum. Wow. Starts out the season really well but by the end he's trying way too hard to do way too much. Still a good guy to have on the team especially if Golding is the real deal as a guy who can develop talent.

Question is...is he coachable? In prior seasons, there weren't anyhv9. Ivih
I thought he'd go pro. We'll see if being the third or 4th best player on a Major helps his NBA hopes.
I proclaimed earlier that the reason Beard wanted Terry was to get BW We'll see.

Multidisciplinary Studies major. Most people getting a master’s didn’t get their bachelors in that. Especially exceptional scholarship athletes.

Is multidisciplinary studies the degree that you get when you've changed majors a bunch of times but you have enough credits for a degree so they award you a multidisciplinary studies degree?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT