ADVERTISEMENT

The MinersWon!!

I went back and looked. Since 2000-1 we have beat Washington x2, Penn St, Michigan, Texas Tech x3, Clemson, Auburn, Oregon, Nebraska, Tennessee, Xavier, Washington State ×2 and UNM x3 and ASU x2 (all at neutral sites or at home except for @ Washington and Tech 2000, Washington State in 2013 and ASU 2020).
The Xavier win has to be the Best Unknown Win for UTEP in last 20 years. That was a solid Xavier unit who had a good year. Best OOC last 40 some years was at Georgetown. Hoyas hit with a right hook but UTEP came back with a lower left to the chin everytime against a 'Zo & Dikembe squad. Hoyas played rapier style street fight basketball, so did that UTEP squad.

I went back and looked. Since 2000-1 we have beat Washington x2, Penn St, Michigan, Texas Tech x3, Clemson, Auburn, Oregon, Nebraska, Tennessee, Xavier, Washington State ×2 and UNM x3 and ASU x2 (all at neutral sites or at home except for @ Washington and Tech 2000, Washington State in 2013 and ASU 2020).

I was specifically talking about "road wins" exclusively--not neutral sites. I stand by my claim; you may want to read the post again.

Washington, Penn State, Auburn, Oregon, Nebraska, Washington State, UNM, and ASU all had pathetic years during this century. Arizona State was a pre-season pick to win the Pac 12--something they may still accomplish if they regroup. Hurley is a hell of a coach.

Last edited:
IMO the Memphis win was huge. We stoped them short of the ncaa record for consecutive conference wins. We were the first cusa team to beat them in over four years.

Reactions: topminer
I was specifically talking about "road wins" exclusively--not neutral sites. I stand by my claim; you may want to read the post again.

Washington, Penn State, Auburn, Oregon, Nebraska, Washington State, UNM, and ASU all had pathetic years during this century. Arizona State was a pre-season pick to win the Pac 12--something they may still accomplish if they regroup. Hurley is a hell of coach.
You are right. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. The road wins are listed at the end of my original post. It was the best power 5 road win this century.

Just wanted to see and list which power 5 (or decent teams) we have beat this century. I should have added Memphis in there too.

You are right. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. The road wins are listed at the end of my original post. It was the best power 5 road win this century.

Just wanted to see and list which power 5 (or decent teams) we have beat this century. I should have added Memphis in there too.

Thanks for clarifying, Axing--I made the wrong assumption on your post.

I recall the Michigan and Xavier neutral court wins--we were all super excited about UTEP's possibilities after those wins.

Thanks for clarifying, Axing--I made the wrong assumption on your post.

I recall the Michigan and Xavier neutral court wins--we were all super excited about UTEP's possibilities after those wins.

I will be following ASU for the rest of the season--with Hurley at the helm I think they will be a different team as time goes by.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT