ADVERTISEMENT

The MinersWon!!

They looked good especially in the second half. It looked like Southern Miss was the traveling team, they had no energy and UTEP was running all night. Not sure why they are only going 7 deep especially with back to back games. Are they planning on red shirting some of the better bench players?

I sure hung my head; so low that it fell on the floor. Don't know which is worse; losing pathetically last night and then winning convincingly tonight like we expected to or vice versa. Guess lose-win is better

They looked good especially in the second half. It looked like Southern Miss was the traveling team, they had no energy and UTEP was running all night. Not sure why they are only going 7 deep especially with back to back games. Are they planning on red shirting some of the better bench players?
Everybody gets a free year. Who are the better bench players?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I am not saying we have 5 stars on the bench but this was a blow out and back to back games so why not play guys in a conference game. Onyema, Dekoninck, and Hess have all played significantly prior to this series and think especially Onyema can be better than Verhoeven who is a liability if he is playing an athletic post man.

I don’t blame Terry for not bringing the bench in. A 15 point lead might as well be a 2 point lead with this team. These guys need all the practice they can get closing out games. It’s good for their confidence after the choke job from Friday night.

If they played Game 1 the way they played in game 2 then yea we should have distributed more minutes to the bench

Worst case scenario we bring in the bench, USM makes a run, cuts the lead to 4 and now we have to bring in the cooled off starters back. The meltdown from the previous night is still fresh in their mind and they suffer another one.

Given the circumstances I think CRT made the right decision.

I sure hung my head; so low that it fell on the floor. Don't know which is worse; losing pathetically last night and then winning convincingly tonight like we expected to or vice versa. Guess lose-win is better
I would say that splitting is the best case scenario, as they always used to say, win at home and split on the road was the key to success.

Of course, this is a different year as we have 2 straight road games with the same team, but if you keep the same logic, we got what we needed.

I would say that splitting is the best case scenario, as they always used to say, win at home and split on the road was the key to success.

Of course, this is a different year as we have 2 straight road games with the same team, but if you keep the same logic, we got what we needed.

Man, I’d say a split with someone like LaTech, or Marshall, or UAB would be great. Aside from great hustle and a never quit attitude, USM is garbage, though. We should have swept them.

The split demonstrates a mediocrity, which is a hump I had hopes of being over. I know it’s early in the year, and there are all kinds of variables that have come into play so far this season, but we honestly don’t look any better “as a team” this year than last year or the year before. We have some better pieces, but we continue to lack cohesion and chemistry...for the most part. We look like we have the pieces to the puzzle, but the pieces don’t quite fit together.

Our one quality win was over a team that doesn’t rebound well, and against us, shot even more abysmally than we did we did against SoMiss. It was really nice to get that win but it was a win that looks better on paper than actuality of it.

I’m bummed. Not so much for the early season loss, that we should have won, but because I feel like I have once again been disillusioned.

I’ll be watching. I’ll be rooting. I’ll just be adjusting my expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT