ADVERTISEMENT

The one-time transfer rule for student-athletes in all sports passed... all transfers will be immediately eligible

This is gonna screw up college basketball .... but oh well
Covid left out the lubricant for everyone and every institution unless you were part of the global elite who operated, did business and travelled like not a care in the world.

• Wow
Reactions: minerrecliner
I'm pretty sure you've been able to do this in other sporst for a while.

But in the sports that have to offer full scholarships, Basketball and Football for the mens and for women its Basketball, Volleyball, Gymnastics, and Tennis. All other sports the scholarships are divided up.

In the Full Scholarship sports, its Free Agency.

If I were a school like Charlotte, I would use this to my advantage. I would partner with North Carolina or Duke. I would say; Ill develop your 4 star kids, run your system then my kids transfer from charlotte to Duke after 2 years of development and they plug and play in right away.

That way if I am Charlotte, I've always got good players. If you're Duke or UNC, you've got a minor league affilate to supplement your lotto picks.

The rich will get richer and the poorer will continue to get screwed over.

Why are football and basketball rosters so huge? Do we really need up to 100 players in football, and 18 in basketball? I know not all of them are on scholarships, but it's just ridiculous how many athletes are on a team. It's time to reduce the number of athletes that can be on a roster. I say no more than 12 for basketball. Football maybe no more than 60 tops. Maybe that will help reduce the number of players transferring year to year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT