ADVERTISEMENT

The Other Battle of I-10 Game Thread

Can Kapp call Tio Beto Stull and just have him apologize to us, we need that closer! This is his doing! Rename Cardiac Hill to f’in Bob Stull.

Reactions: minermx07
Done with following or even wanting to keep up with this Football Crap of a team anymore this year. What I watched was beyond terrible from all aspects. We played one of the worst teams in D1 at our place and got spanked! Good Luck guys with talking about UTEP Football this year. I'll see ya on the BBall Threads. Signing Off for the year with these Jokers!

Canales having a job in D1 is crazy. He's had like a decade of failure. Again, only UTEP

Kai can really help the team if he became a receiver. I know it must be a drag for him, but if he was D1 QB he would've shown it by now. He is a D1 Athlete though.

That's what Strong what him to be at UT

Vegas knows, and per Vegas, this should have been a much closer game, so we really just underachieved again- bring on B-ball, football season is over for me.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Doesn't matter who the AD is, who the coach is, who is on the field..........the male gold digger is always the best dancer.
When did they stop calling them the gold diggers and use the name UTEP dance team. Took a lot of imagination for that name.

Done with following or even wanting to keep up with this Football Crap of a team anymore this year. What I watched was beyond terrible from all aspects. We played one of the worst teams in D1 at our place and got spanked! Good Luck guys with talking about UTEP Football this year. I'll see ya on the BBall Threads. Signing Off for the year with these Jokers!
Don’t blame you but like a dumb ass I bought season tickets. I’ll keep showing up but it’s damn hard to be Miner fan.
Most likely moving to San Antonio in the summer so I’ll be going from one shit team to another.

The only way that one could wave the magic wand would’ve been to release EVERYONE from scholarship and get 80+ new players in ONE recruiting cycle. I don’t even know if that’s legal NCAA wise. Since everyone is in a mode, I’ll leave this here and check out the damage in 9 hours

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Dimel’s QB management has not been good this year. Our players are human and jumping back and forth between QB’s, not naming a starter until late in the week, none of this is good for morale.

Reactions: minermx07
I wonder how much longer Dimmel and his staff before they break due to the pressure and constant losing. Kugler/Price/Nord and every other coach in UTEP’s recent history has been unable to build this program into something resembling a competent football team for any stretch of time and in the end the losses got worse and worse.

I hate hearing people in the media say that we are stuck with Dimmel for the next 3-4 years regardless of what happens because what happens if he goes full Kugler and it goes from bad to worse? God forbid this is the norm under Dimmel and we are looking at 1-2 wins a year for the next several years because we can not afford a buyout. At a certain point you’re doing more harm than good because finances dictate you can’t move on.

I really hope that Dimmel turns it around but first and foremost he will need to take a long hard look at himself first, and then his coaching staff. And I think heads have to roll because I don’t know how you can justify 0 coaching turnover when you’re on pace to win 2 games in 2 years.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
UTEP football is a joke. We lost against a bad UTSA team that played without it’s starting QB and several key players. UTSA was on a downward spiral and the Miners made them look like a great team. Dimel should stop telling fans that this team is improving. We don’t see any improvement. Show us the team is improving by beating the bad teams on the schedule.

Reactions: minermaniac2023
UTEP football is a joke. We lost against a bad UTSA team that played without it’s starting QB and several key players. UTSA was on a downward spiral and the Miners made them look like a great team. Dimel should stop telling fans that this team is improving. We don’t see any improvement. Show us the team is improving by beating the bad teams on the schedule.

I live in Austin so I don't get UTEP sports radio anymore. But it would be interesting if the next time Dimel says the team is "improving", Duke or Kap ask "what do you qualify as improving?". Honestly, someone has to hold these guys accountable, the school doesn't seem like it's doing it. The fans have spoken by not showing up unless you give the ticket away, but UTEP doesn't take any responsibility for that and blames EL Paso and not supporting UTEP Football (which is horsesh*t since I flew down for some of the 1st year Price games and that place was rockin). The only thing left is the press. Unfortunately the only people that seem to cover UTEP sports that are worth their salt are the sports radio guys. It would be awesome if they would at least ask a "tough" but "fair" question while these guys are on the spot.

Honestly, if we don't win at least two games this season (which I don't see us getting two wins), I wouldn't say we improved. I would say we've regressed because we have players that were returning that played in this system before. We should be better. Coming back from behind to beat Houston Baptist, an FCS team, hardly screams improvement.

Honestly, if we don't win at least two games this season (which I don't see us getting two wins), I wouldn't say we improved. I would say we've regressed because we have players that were returning that played in this system before. We should be better. Coming back from behind to beat Houston Baptist, an FCS team, hardly screams improvement.

I personally think that Dimel needs a minimum of 3 wins this year to show improvement.

When did they stop calling them the gold diggers and use the name UTEP dance team. Took a lot of imagination for that name.

About 5 months ago when the new coach became official. The problem with coming up with a name these days is that someone will always get offended

Last edited:
Took an Uber Sunday from EPIA to the Ponderosa and started a chit chat with my Uber driver who moved to EP from Cleveland. I told him "welcome to the Chihuahuan Desert". He responded with "I didn't realize how green it was here". o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT