ADVERTISEMENT

The transfer portal provided Conference USA with a massive infusion of talent in 2021

It's hit or miss. I am not diminishing a players stock or athleticism from a P5 school but for UTEP I don't see the difference. UTEP has historically received a better return on investment for JUCO's over the decades. Hotchkins, a P5 transfer from Oregon, was a difference maker for UTEP and helped make critical stops and plays but Dimel's offense so far has been so underperforming that good defense really doesn't mean much if the offense can not capitalize. His goal line stance against UAB will be a video for UTEP's history archive. I haven't seen a goal line stance (lb v rb) like that since Barron Wortham at Arizona ages ago.

It's hit or miss. I am not diminishing a players stock or athleticism from a P5 school but for UTEP I don't see the difference. UTEP has historically received a better return on investment for JUCO's over the decades. Hotchkins, a P5 transfer from Oregon, was a difference maker for UTEP and helped make critical stops and plays but Dimel's offense so far has been so underperforming that good defense really doesn't mean much if the offense can not capitalize. His goal line stance against UAB will be a video for UTEP's history archive. I haven't seen a goal line stance (lb v rb) like that since Barron Wortham at Arizona ages ago.
What about UTEP/Rice 2004? The no 23 ranked Miners forced a game winning fumble in double OT. That was a hell of a stop.

The point is some CUSA schools benefited from the portal.
Either our two starting WRs are high P5 level or our P5 DB transfer was never meant to play at the P5 level. He hasn't won a rep against either one this entire week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT