ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Senter's NIL comments today.

I’m still not that impressed with Lisa Campos. Look…UTSA had a university president in Ricardo Romo that decided they were going to have Div 1 football and ever since then, every president there has been on a mission to elevate their football program. They saw that if you elevate the football program, everything else will come. When the UTSA football job became open, their list of candidates was one that UTEP fans could only dream about. But the point is…UTSA is committed from the top that they are football first. I think even Senter couldn’t screw that up there.

Well…I may have changed my mind on campos…lol. A Power 5 has an offer on the table for Traylor. A key to the offer is a large salary pool for assistants. Atleast she gave him an extension that ensured UTSA gets a much better buyout if he decided to leave. Senter probably wouldn’t have done that.

Well…I may have changed my mind on campos…lol. A Power 5 has an offer on the table for Traylor. A key to the offer is a large salary pool for assistants. Atleast she gave him an extension that ensured UTSA gets a much better buyout if he decided to leave. Senter probably wouldn’t have done that.
Which P5?

Which P5?
They didn’t say. Traylor of course is saying the typical coach talk, “all we care about is Troy and I love being the coach at UTSA”, blah, blah, blah. Atleast they had Frank Harris say he is staying at UTSA next season. I know that I’m seeing a ton about 210inspired and city fans 210 launching to gather NIL$.

Reactions: unihorn
They didn’t say. Traylor of course is saying the typical coach talk, “all we care about is Troy and I love being the coach at UTSA”, blah, blah, blah. Atleast they had Frank Harris say he is staying at UTSA next season. I know that I’m seeing a ton about 210inspired and city fans 210 launching to gather NIL$.

Stanford is the only P5 I see still available. Louisville just hired Brohm. So Stanford maybe?

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Honestly after playoff expansion the AAC is not really a drop from the PAC 12 BIG12 and ACC. There are two power conferences and everybody else. If you get an offer from an SEC or Big 10 school you leave. If it's not from the power two it's hard to leave a situation like UTSA not much upside.

Honestly after playoff expansion the AAC is not really a drop from the PAC 12 BIG12 and ACC. There are two power conferences and everybody else. If you get an offer from an SEC or Big 10 school you leave. If it's not from the power two it's hard to leave a situation like UTSA not much upside.
#ResultsMatter

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Upside = $$$$

So you don't like Golding? I do and think he'll get the job done. I just don't think he'll stay very long after he gets us to the NCAA
His recruiting is definitely questionable thus far. This year's team could improve, but it doesn't seem like it's anything close to an NCAA tourney team. Hope I'm wrong.

Love golding though. Damn good coach. I hope he does get us back to the tourney.

His recruiting is definitely questionable thus far. This year's team could improve, but it doesn't seem like it's anything close to an NCAA tourney team. Hope I'm wrong.

Love golding though. Damn good coach. I hope he does get us back to the tourney.
Doc was also a solid coach, his recruiting wasn’t all that good. Golding May get there, but he is far from it right now. He needs a solid big and a legit shooter.

So you don't like Golding? I do and think he'll get the job done. I just don't think he'll stay very long after he gets us to the NCAA
No. He’s still early in his tenure so I’m willing to give him some slack. But UTEP has had a poor run of hires lately and they’ve been way to slow to pull the trigger to get these guys out.

And if this NIL money is getting into the 6 figures UTEP is in deep shit. You need to get an AD that can drum up hype and get people to give. An AD who can fundraise is probably more valuable than administrator in todays NCAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: kickballpro

I never said this year they'd go to the NCAA. I do r think this team is anywhere near that right now. I do love his energy and his defense and him as a coach. I think he was a great hire and he'll have us in the NCAA by year 3 to 4.

Doc was also a solid coach, his recruiting wasn’t all that good. Golding May get there, but he is far from it right now. He needs a solid big and a legit shooter.
Agreed about doc (I remember Doc winning with mainly Gillispie players, although didn't he recruit DJ?)

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
Shouldn't an AD like Senter be embracing the NIL instead of trashing it, and kinda trashing student athletes at the same time??

Thoughts? I personally don't think he or any AD should be saying this.

Just more proof that Senter is not the right person for the job. He is clueless. We need a AD that can adapt and overcome and think outside the box. Senter doesn’t possess these traits and will take UTEP nowhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT