ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts

UTEPfan1966

MI VIP
Apr 26, 2016
I was out of town and am just getting caught up on here. A few things...

What were you guys really expecting? I was thinking with my orange colored glasses, but I also am not too upset based on the fact that I KNEW what he had to work with. We can go back and forth forever on what WE think he should have done differently, but I still think we need to pray we get a few wins this year, and then look forward to the future. Remember how many local kids are on this team.
It seems too many folks need to step away from the ledge.
For those who felt Metz was our best QB, I really hope you just stop that nonsense now. In addition, using 2 QBs is a horrible idea.

As for attendance, I will say this....there are many reasons only 17k showed up.
1. Many El Pasoans are at the let's wait and see stage after getting burned by crap forever.
2. The chihuahuas were playing
3. THE START TIME IS TOO DAMN EARLY
4. It was the start of Labor day weekend
5. Unsure "new" tailgating rules

#4 hasn't been stated and is heavily over looked. It was the last real summer weekend to get away. Even I was out of town, and I rarely leave town! Winning will cure some of the attendance woes, but you gotta get the games later so the working class can get off and go.

This was game 1. Let's all take a deep breath and regroup for this weekend.

What were you guys really expecting? I was thinking with my orange colored glasses, but I also am not too upset based on the fact that I KNEW what he had to work with. We can go back and forth forever on what WE think he should have done differently, but I still think we need to pray we get a few wins this year, and then look forward to the future. Remember how many local kids are on this team.
For those who felt Metz was our best QB, I really hope you just stop that nonsense now. In addition, using 2 QBs is a horrible idea.

As for attendance, I will say this....there are many reasons only 17k showed up.
1. Many El Pasoans are at the let's wait and see stage after getting burned by crap forever.

#4 hasn't been stated and is heavily over looked. It was the last real summer weekend to get away. Even I was out of town, and I rarely leave town! Winning will cure some of the attendance woes, but you gotta get the games later so the working class can get off and go.

So you weren’t there — got it.

I rarely give up hope, but I'm also a realist.

i am just breaking out the popcorn and seeing if we can get this thing to under 10k

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT