ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Prices Bullet Points

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
-UTEP has generated more revenue from the first four home basketball games this season with the new ticket prices as they did all of last season under the old price point.

-The Athletic Department wants to bring value to season tickets. There was no financial incentive to buy season tickets before. Now, the average price to a game will be cheaper if you buy a season ticket versus buying the same ticket individually each game.

-Five dollar tickets to football games are a thing of the past. This was done to satisfy the 15K attendance mandate. We are good for two years now.

Not a ticket price issue but parking is getting revamped.

When you say that parking is going to be revamped, Glory Road 2 (GR2) by the Sun Bowl has plenty of parking available.

#EnhancetheFanExpierence

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Do the math, it really isn't that far fetched. I don't know why your other personality hasn't made fun of you yet for not looking it up

If it's easy, then you do the math and show me.

There is nothing to look up because the figures aren't available. Apparently MistaBinks knows, so I asked him where he got his info from.

If it's easy, then you do the math and show me.

There is nothing to look up because the figures aren't available. Apparently MistaBinks knows, so I asked him where he got his info from.
quit being lazy, look on espn check the attendance figures for this year, go to ncaa.org and check out last year's attendance. See what you can do?

Do the math, it really isn't that far fetched. I don't know why your other personality hasn't made fun of you yet for not looking it up

74,816 people attended games last year.

23,378 tickets were sold for the first four games.

Tell me how that's possible.

Last edited:
I did, that is how come I know the first 4 home games is 25% of last year. Not that far fetched when you think about it, huh?

I did, that is how come I know the first 4 home games is 25% of last year. Not that far fetched when you think about it, huh?

And your point is? 2/4 of those games the cheap seats went up $2 and the other two games by $8.

Please explain how selling 1/3 the amount of tickets makes you more money. I can guarantee you won't be able to.

Last edited:
Let's say the average price of a ticket last year was $20. That would net roughly $1.5 million.

Let's say the average price of a ticket for the first 4 games was $40 (which is obviously not true). That would net roughly $1 million.

Even using those crazy numbers it's not correct.

We're talking about tickets being sold at the new price point compared to last year. Try to keep up

I did. I used crazy numbers saying 25,000 tickets were sold at $40 a ticket. I tried proving your point with crazy numbers and it still doesn't work.

The numbers don't add up, but if you have proof I would love to see it.

I'll explain further.

Let's say last year the average price of a ticket was $10. Not true but I'll just say that low number. That would be $748,160.

748,160/23,378 is 32.

So even using those insane numbers the average ticket for New Mexico Highlands and Eastern New Mexico was $32. Obviously not true.

I don't think you read the post correctly. You know he's talking about walk up ticket sales, right? and even then the argument can be made on all season revenue when you consider all basketball athletic revenue

I don't think you read the post correctly. You know he's talking about walk up ticket sales, right? and even then the argument can be made on all season revenue when you consider all basketball athletic revenue

Lol. No. We're talking about total sales.

But you still haven't proved your point. All you do is talk without knowing anything.

You're (ur) dumb. It's like talking to a teenager with you when you think you're right. Let me dumb it down for you. What the post says is.... They've sold as much ticket revenue in walk up sales (new sales point) in 4 games (1+1+1+1) as all of last year. That ain't that far fetched and it defeats you and you's argument on the new WALK UP ticket prices. Season tickets remained the same from what I can remember

You're (ur) dumb. It's like talking to a teenager with you when you think you're right. Let me dumb it down for you. What the post says is.... They've sold as much ticket revenue in walk up sales (new sales point) in 4 games (1+1+1+1) as all of last year. That ain't that far fetched and it defeats you and you's argument on the new WALK UP ticket prices. Season tickets remained the same from what I can remember

Fine. Let's say half of those numbers were walk up sales.

42,204 at $10 a ticket is $422,040.

422,040/11,689= $38

So if we're talking about walk up sales the average ticket sold would have to be $38.

Season tickets went up as well. You wouldn't know because you don't go to the games.

I showed you the math and you still don't get it.

Do the math and show me. I guarantee you can't.

Fine. Let's say half of those numbers were walk up sales.

42,204 at $10 a ticket is $422,040.

422,040/11,689= $38

So if we're talking about walk up sales the average ticket sold would have to be $38.

Season tickets went up as well. You wouldn't know because you don't go to the games.

I showed you the math and you still don't get it.
you still don't get it... average attendance last year was 4,600. Lets say season ticket sales were at about 3.5k for this year and last year. That is an average of 1,100 walk up tickets per game last year and 2.3k this year for the first 4 games .1100*16= 17.6k walk up tickets sold through 16 games last year total. Walk ups for the first 4 games so far this year would be about 9,200.....

9,200*$20=$184k. 17,600*$8=$140.8k......$184k >$140.8k

Last edited:
What you aren't getting is the UNM and NMSU tickets went up from $8 to $16. The other two games they went up from $8 to $10. Your numbers are way off!

You have no proof those are the walk up numbers, but I will show you that you're still wrong.

4,600x16= 73,600
4,600×10= 46,000
Total: 119,600

(1,100×16)x8= 140,800

So using your imaginary walk up numbers you are still wrong.

Plus, the original comment was about total revenue, but you're still wrong either way.

Last edited:
What you aren't getting is the UNM and NMSU tickets went up from $8 to $16. The other two games they went up from $8 to $10. Your numbers are way off!
fine 10*17,600= 176k and 16*9.200=147k in 75% less games. How you like them apples? 3.5k season tickets is low to help your (ur) and your weak ass argument out

fine 10*17,600= 176k and 16*9.200=147k in 75% less games. How you like them apples? 3.5k season tickets is low to help your (ur) and your weak ass argument out

Where are you getting those numbers? You have no clue what you're talking about.

I love people who try and prove you wrong, but keep going on and look dumber and dumber.

Last edited:
I love people how they try and prove you wrong, but keep going on and look dumber and dumber.
numbers don't lie, spin it how you want... I'll know more about this than you will ever know. What I just showed you using your own dumb numbers is that if you increased last years walk up sales to 10 bucks a ticket and lowered all of this years tickets to your number not even a $30k difference in a quarter of the games. You and you don't know business because you practice aggie math and it holds you back

numbers don't lie, spin it how you want... I'll know more about this than you will ever know. What I just showed you using your own dumb numbers is that if you increased last years walk up sales to 10 bucks a ticket and lowered all of this years tickets to your number not even a $30k difference in a quarter of the games. You and you don't know business because you practice aggie math and it holds you back

No, tickets last year were $8. They were not $16 for the first four games this year. Two were $16 and two were $10. So again, your math is way off

You're right. Numbers don't lie! You like to make up imaginary numbers and think you're right.

You're too stupid that you didn't even realize you just proved me right that there would at least be a $30k difference.

Keep thinking that you know more than me. Clearly you don't because you think 147 is more than 176.

Nice try though!!

The acceptance rate at NMSU is 60%. At UTEP it's 100%.

What's your point?

what numbers do you want to input? You're too dumb to see that hype/rivalries increased the ticket flow in the first 4 games and to arrogant/lazybitch to research and admit you were wrong by data that I made you use... YOU ARE AN IDIOT, but you just wanna troll sometimes and hate it when you get in that troll mood and are proven wrong. Don't worry, as I looked it up for ya

PS

my calculations are right, you're just too dumb on trolling and can't stop

what numbers do you want to input? You're too dumb to see that hype/rivalries increased the ticket flow in the first 4 games and to arrogant/lazybitch to research and admit you were wrong by data that I mad you use... YOU ARE AN IDIOT, but you just wanna troll sometimes and hate it when you get in that troll mood and are proven wrong. Don't worry, as I looked it up for ya

PROVE that revenue from last year was less than the first 4 games this year. I guarantee you can't.

Yes there was a lot of hype for the New Mexico Highlands and Eastern New Mexico games. LOL

Less than 4,000 people showed up for the home opener.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT