ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 PGs in Utep History

This might be your best post ever Fili. A really good list that I can't disagree with.

Actually I really wanted to put Timmy first . I do think Tim Hardaway changed the game of Basketball. He was more influential to the game and how its played today. Nate Archibald has all the awards and championships that's why he is number 1.

Actually I really wanted to put Timmy first . I do think Tim Hardaway changed the game of Basketball. He was more influential to the game and how its played today. Nate Archibald has all the awards and championships that's why he is number 1.

Asinine statement. Steph Curry and James Harden changed the way the game is played not Tim Hardaway. Absolutely nobody would put Hardaway in a top 10 PGs on all-time. Surely you’re joking about this right???

Asinine statement. Steph Curry and James Harden changed the way the game is played not Tim Hardaway. Absolutely nobody would put Hardaway in a top 10 PGs on all-time. Surely you’re joking about this right???

wrong. It was Timmy who brought the cross over. There is no cross over with out Timmy. It was Manu Ginobili who changed the game not harden. I will give you Steph Curry .

Whatever. Hardaway is more famous for his homophobic rant than his playing career or “game changing” crossover. He was great player and only discussed on here because he went to UTEP. Nobody outside of El Paso or Oakland brings him up as a great PG.

When Hardaway entered and exited the league, having a badass center was still a top priority. Curry and Harden truly changed the game. Hardaway is not even on that level of discussion.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I’m 16. Remember you started this thread and were openly mocked for your stupidity. You are the village idiot here.

https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-i-just-played-some-king-of-the-court.9700/

Do yourself a favor and YouTube Manu .
Tell me how James Harden changed the game ??

These are game changers

Wilt Chamberlin
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Dr . J
Magic
Pete Maravich
Micheal Jordan
Tim Hardaway
Kevin Garnet
Penny Hardaway
Shaq
Manu Ginobili
Kevin Garnet
Kevin Durant
Giannis Antekounmpo
Steph Curry

I'm sure I missed others but these guys are game changers.

I’ve seen many Manu games. They changed the continuation rule because Harden found a way to exploit it. What rules did the NBA change because of Manu and Tim? None.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I’m with Cube Jack. The only change I’d make is Eddie for Fili. Tough choice, but that’d be my 5.

Followed by Prince Stewart, Fili, and Julyan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube Jack
I’ve seen many Manu games. They changed the continuation rule because Harden found a way to exploit it. What rules did the NBA change because of Manu and Tim? None.

Manu brought the euro step to the NBA.
Timmy brought crossover to the nba.

Do you know what game changer means??

Reactions: minermx07
Totally agree with Fili.

The argument isn’t that these players are better. They changed the game.

Timmy is the first guy with a crossover. Now 100s of crossovers a game.

Manu brought the Euro Step and now even Giannis does the Euro Step. When Manu started the Euro people didn’t know what to do.

To be fair, Harden brought the Step Back 3 and guys are using it now. So, he’s a game changer too.

Reactions: axingfools1
Manu changed the game by making social distancing a thing long before 2020....

...any player who got within 6 feet of him was called for a foul as Manu leapt 10 feet across the court

Last edited:
Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Whatever. Hardaway is more famous for his homophobic rant than his playing career or “game changing” crossover. He was great player and only discussed on here because he went to UTEP. Nobody outside of El Paso or Oakland brings him up as a great PG.

When Hardaway entered and exited the league, having a badass center was still a top priority. Curry and Harden truly changed the game. Hardaway is not even on that level of discussion.
Different eras

I never understood the love affair with Gym Bice. I know he was a hard worker, which is how he earned his name, but he had Trey Touchet like stats, with almost double the playing time.

He was not a drive and dish guy that created opportunity for others. Much like Touchet, he just swing the ball around the arc. He shot the ball at about 37-38%. His ft percentage was in the 55% range. To be fair his defense was tough, but I always felt like our offense stalled and became stagnant with him running the point...or even playing the 2.

I didn’t dislike the guy, but he was a mediocre player...at best.

Bice wasn't great by any means but a capable guy who played hard and was good for depth.

Henry Hall was MUCH more talented but in the end it didn't matter because he didn't put in the effort in the classroom.

Carl Davis was good, but never really was what many hoped he'd be.... "good career....BUT..."

Willie Worsley was great for depth himself, but will always be overshadowed since he played with Hill.

Must hit a bit too close to home.

You can think whatever you want. To me, there is no difference between calling someone a fag and calling someone a spic. Calling someone a slur, is calling someone a slur. I guarantee you wouldn’t call a black guy the N word. Calling a person who is gay, the F word, is the same thing. Calling someone a fag as s “cutdown” isn’t “cool” anymore. I guarantee you don’t go around calling people fags to their face in public either.

You can think whatever you want. To me, there is no difference between calling someone a fag and calling someone a spic. Calling someone a slur, is calling someone a slur. I guarantee you wouldn’t call a black guy the N word. Calling a person who is gay, the F word, is the same thing. Calling someone a fag as s “cutdown” isn’t “cool” anymore. I guarantee you don’t go around calling people fags to their face in public either.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT