ADVERTISEMENT

Touchet

USAFminersfan

MI Regular
Nov 8, 2008
I feel like I keep reading posts about how Touchet might not be here next year, or that he's a "bust".

Have I missed something? This kid has yet to play a single game and we're already calling him a bust? Many coaches redshirt players because they think they'll need them once others graduate or move on. Floyd probably thought he could make do with Cooper and Harris, which would have wasted a year of eligibility with Touchet.

Like I said, it feels like I keep hearing the kids name thrown around as if he's a lost cause. Maybe some people have more info than I do?

I haven't heard a thing about the kid lately, good or bad...from a reliable source. It does seem like his name is tossed around here and there as a possible departure because of over recruiting. I haven't heard one word about him being a bust, tho.

I've said it a couple times. Not for any particular reason other than the Tim Floyd Track record of recruits.

Not saying I think Touchet is a bust or not. But it does concern me that Floyd has recruited Dustin Watts, Josh Brown, Twymond Howard, Darius Nelson, Kenny Williams, Mitch Marquis, etc.... guys that aren't on the this level. And there are numerous other recruits that haven't worked out.

Add that to the fact that we have one available scholarship and 15 open offers. Floyd and staff have made 5 offers that we know of in the month of February. We have 11-13 open offers to guys who will probably play guard in college. Several of the open offers are guys who have been lightly recruited and even a couple who have 1 offer.

I hope that Touchet is that outside shooting presence and that guard we desperately need. Chances are we will losing some guys.

Darius Nelson is now in jail

Nelson could have had a great career here but was unhappy with his playing time. Now look where he is.

"After two failed attempts at a college basketball career, Nelson is being held at the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center in Elk Grove. Nelson, 23, faces two felony charges after an alleged home invasion Dec. 12 in Elk Grove, according to the Elk Grove Police Department.........Nelson attended UTEP on scholarship in the fall of 2011 after finishing as the third-highest playoff scorer in Sac-Joaquin Section history. Disappointed with his role on the team, Nelson left the Miners without playing in any games and transferred to Cal State Fullerton, where his stay also was brief. He didn't suit up for the Titans."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/prep-plus-blog/article9645629.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/prep-plus-blog/article9645629.html#storylink=cpy

Former miner Darius Nelson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT