ADVERTISEMENT

Trace makes official announcement to Victoria, TX fishwrap

Good for him, Goobye, God Bless. But at the end of the day this isn’t exactly Reggie White leaving The Eagles. They shouldn’t lose too much.

Reactions: HeWore62
He wanted a criminal justice degree from SHSU, which I can't blame him, it carries weight.

On a side note, rumors are that H.C K.C. Keeler is putting together a solid team to make a FCS run and that attracted Trace as well. It. Is. A. Rumor.. SHSU has always been a popular landing spot for Texas FBS players to transfer.
https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/ad...cle_f2cf8660-1871-11e9-a7ee-7b45ff53a4a1.html

Keeler is on a bit of a hot seat at SHSU. He needs a bounceback year.

You all remember a majority on here wanted Keeler here. I wonder if he would have done better than Dimel this past season and on the recruiting trail.

You all remember a majority on here wanted Keeler here. I wonder if he would have done better than Dimel this past season and on the recruiting trail.

Honestly, anyone would have done better than Dimel. The problem with the Dimel hire was his disatorous tenure at UH that almost resulted in them dropping the program. He then had a less than spectacular run as a coordinator a K-State. There is nothing to this point in his career that leads you to believe he can win as a head coach. Negative recruiting against Dimel is easy they dont even have to use El Paso. At least with a young coach they have a blank sheet. There are no disasters in the past to create doubt and concern.

Some people are going to say I'm knocking Dimel. I'm not I'm pointing out the realities of the situation. Hes our coach I will support him as long as hes the coach.

Also its complete bullshit to say this is the hardest job in the country. Our last three head coaches all had at least one winning season and bowl game. Under Stull football was the most successful sport except for track. We haven't gotten the sustained success we all want but this isnt a hopeless situation either. There is no excuse for not winning.

Minerforlife (which is a questionable screen name at best) you claim you will support Dimel as long as he's head coach, yet bash him in every post....so which is it, homie?
You wanna get all up in his shit because he lost a couple commitments? Or because he didn't produce many wins at Houston (But the following coach did with DIMEL's recruits) ? Bro, you need to frigging get a grip on reality cuz you have no clue....It will take a year or 2 of stealing a few wins before we grab better recruits. Kugler never brought ANY D1 talent in. We sucked for several years. Even Saban couldn't bring in 5 star kids right away. Stop bashing and give the dude a couple years. Afterall, you sucked Price and Kugler's nuts for many years and where did that get us?

Reactions: Vegasminer
Inside word: Defensive end Trace Mascorro is one transfer his former UTEP teammates regret losing. They say his actual playing weight, contrary to his program listing, is 245-250. It's not yet confirmed, but my spies tell me Mascorro applied for a release even before this season. The current UTEP coaching staff nixed it.

Reactions: Minerforlife
Inside word: Defensive end Trace Mascorro is one transfer his former UTEP teammates regret losing. They say his actual playing weight, contrary to his program listing, is 245-250. It's not yet confirmed, but my spies tell me Mascorro applied for a release even before this season. The current UTEP coaching staff nixed it.
Categorically, I can see it.

Minerforlife (which is a questionable screen name at best) you claim you will support Dimel as long as he's head coach, yet bash him in every post....so which is it, homie?
You wanna get all up in his shit because he lost a couple commitments? Or because he didn't produce many wins at Houston (But the following coach did with DIMEL's recruits) ? Bro, you need to frigging get a grip on reality cuz you have no clue....It will take a year or 2 of stealing a few wins before we grab better recruits. Kugler never brought ANY D1 talent in. We sucked for several years. Even Saban couldn't bring in 5 star kids right away. Stop bashing and give the dude a couple years. Afterall, you sucked Price and Kugler's nuts for many years and where did that get us?

Let's see I pretty much plan my life life around UTEP football. I spend several thousand dollars a year on UTEP football. I've sat through alot if bad seasons and will continue to no matter who the coach is.

I dont think you've read many of posts. I wanted Price fired after the 2008 season after the late season fades and discipline problems in the program had become a yearly reality.

I see supported Kugler because he cleaned up the program. He inherited a team with a huge APR problem and a team with alot of bad apples and a drug problem. He improved APR dramatically and cleaned up the program. After his second season when he led us to a winning season and a bowl game Ithought he had us on the right track. After a disappointing 4-8 season I wanted him fired.

This is a messageboard is one of the few places you can discuss UTEP sports. If Dimel has a rough stretch we talk it. If you dont want to read anything critical about UTEP dont read this board. For the most part this board is tame and people are pretty respectful. Its January we're going to talk about recruiting. Hopefully Dimels pulls some rabbits out of his hat.

Its laughable to credit Dimel with Briles success st Houston. That's like saying Mike Shula really set up Saban st Alabama.

Reactions: minermx07
Let's see I pretty much plan my life life around UTEP football. I spend several thousand dollars a year on UTEP football. I've sat through alot if bad seasons and will continue to no matter who the coach is.

I dont think you've read many of posts. I wanted Price fired after the 2008 season after the late season fades and discipline problems in the program had become a yearly reality.

I see supported Kugler because he cleaned up the program. He inherited a team with a huge APR problem and a team with alot of bad apples and a drug problem. He improved APR dramatically and cleaned up the program. After his second season when he led us to a winning season and a bowl game Ithought he had us on the right track. After a disappointing 4-8 season I wanted him fired.

This is a messageboard is one of the few places you can discuss UTEP sports. If Dimel has a rough stretch we talk it. If you dont want to read anything critical about UTEP dont read this board. For the most part this board is tame and people are pretty respectful. Its January we're going to talk about recruiting. Hopefully Dimels pulls some rabbits out of his hat.

Its laughable to credit Dimel with Briles success st Houston. That's like saying Mike Shula really set up Saban st Alabama.
You lost me at Kugler "cleaned up the program"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT